1. 1. which one to get?

• Cobb revised Sway Bars
    • Whiteline Sway Bars
    • Cusco Sway Bars
    • Perrin Sway Bars

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cusco for good fitment.. but you can get whatever meets your needs.. not every bar is made the same or size.. some people just get the rear only.. some just need the front for stock class autox.. some dont like the over sizes or lack of adjustments, etc..

I just like Cusco cuz of the good fitment and I managed to get the Vacanza version where the rear sway is adjustable ;)

Keefe

Whitelines don't rub. They came out with Lateral locks to keep the bars in place. I have h-tech springs and our group goes on canyon run atleast once a month and no cluncks or rubs.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Whitelines don't rub. They came out with Lateral locks to keep the bars in place. I have h-tech springs and our group goes on canyon run atleast once a month and no cluncks or rubs.

2 things:

Either they changed their bar, or their quality control is not that good.

Mine rubbed when the car was lowered 3/4 inch in the rear. On the upper control arm, and then on the lower arm with AVO adj end-links.

I vote for COBB's bars. CUSCOs are a close second, but they do not have the reinforcing bracket and are not adj in the rear. Every issue of CUSCO's making noise have been due to end-links not tightened or something like that. I have yet to see pics of the CUSCO's having clearance issues. Also the CUSCO bars do not have the best geometry

COBB's bars also weigh less due to being hollow design.

The only thing about the COBB bars is I would wait about 2 to 3 weeks when some of us have their revised RSB and can 100% confrim it fits perfect. I talked to Josh at COBB last week and he said the revised RSB was tested at 2 inches higher then normal ride height and with the car riding on the bumpstops, and they had no issues.

I will update this thread about the COBB RSB as soon as I get my new one.

http://www.mann-engineering.com/products/product.asp?cid=15&ID=84

Note: the % stiffness increase they list is based on a comparison to the JDM rear not the USDM rear. So these offer a nicely balanced, yet modest upgrade to the USDM Front + JDM Rear combination.

Mine have been on since April, and I've been extremely impressed. Perfect fitment and no issues for me. I had them on the otherwise stock suspension for five months before I added iON springs. I really think they are ideal for those who would like to tighten up body roll nicely, but who don't want lowering springs or coilovers. I really liked them on the stock springs, and I love my ride now, too, with the iON's... but I'm just not sure how much work the sways are doing vs the stiffer springs. I'm thinking about throwing the stock sways back on for the winter, just 'cuz I'm curious as to what the difference is.

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

Got the ipd bars in the mail today. Installed in the A M. Add me to the poll. The first one brave wnough to install them after the horrible install spoke of on this site. I will let you guys know how it goes. Wish me luck......

Not saying they don't work with the iON's+stock struts - it's just that I love my current set-up but I wonder what the contribution is, springs vs. sways. The roads here in Detroit are pretty bad, and even with the 'soft' iON's, my car is borderline unacceptable ride quality for what I'm looking for. Again: for what I'm looking for. I loved what the sways alone did for the body roll in the corners. But sways can't do anything for Dive/Squat - for that you need stiffer springs. After throwing the iON's on, I'd have to say that I'd prefer a little softer ride, BUT I'd never go back because I love the reduced Dive/Squat so much!! I'm convinced I actually shift MUCH smoother because the car doesn't pitch so much anymore. For me, the Dive/Squat is probably a bigger concern than body roll - I've already got a car that corners on rails; the LGT is my cruiser. So I'm just thinking that for me, the best combination might be the iON's plus the stock sways. If the roads were smoother here I wouldn't even think of changing anything, but a lot of the roads are more pothole than road, so I need all the help I can get. I don't really think Bilsteins would affect the Sway Bar performance by themselves - probably more to do with springs than struts, changing the loads/forces the sway bars see. Any of that make sense?

More information on Swift, as a company. They know their stuff.

http://www.swiftsprings.com/index.asp?PageAction=Custom&ID=91

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

Archived