LegacyGT.com

love having a sleeper

Was out on suicide watch for my intercooler (added another layer of JB Weld) and my neighbor came up and asked how I liked the Subaru. Asked if it had AWD, how it handled the snow. Gave the typical answers and mentioned this model was a turbo, but didn't go any further with it. Then he said it was for his daughter going off to college.

Ah, nice having a sleeper...

PS Mentioned something with stability control and FWD would probably be a better choice.

Yea, I have an OBXT and IMHO it is a top 5 overall sleeper out there. I will be going to stage 2 at some point and it will be a super sleeper at that point. Some poor kid in a Civic Si already found out.....hehehehehe.

:icon_twis Slide It Sideways :icon_twis

+1 for wagon.

With SPT intake is even better. Came up behind a driver with his windows and you should seen his face reaction :)

:lol: I'm debating getting an intake (k&n, not the spt) for that exact reason. I dunno that I wanna spend the money to get tuned or buy an e-map though.

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

The sleeper/unknown factor is one of my favorite things about this car. I'm almost glad the mags keep panning it. Debagded, I'm always getting the "what kind of car is that" questions. The other day while we were eating breakfast, I watched through the window as some mid-50's guy with a hot rod t-shirt made a couple of laps around the Legacy, looking and scratching his head... :lol:

:lol: I'm debating getting an intake (k&n, not the spt) for that exact reason. I dunno that I wanna spend the money to get tuned or buy an e-map though.

Coxx,

Well, I'm on TDC's stage 2 and it does not include with SPT intake or my Lachute's Y-pipe back. Few days ago, I ran and pass a 05 stock STI (co-worker). Lets put it this way, it was WOT all the way. :)

Coxx,

Well, I'm on TDC's stage 2 and it does not include with SPT intake or my Lachute's Y-pipe back. Few days ago, I ran and pass a 05 stock STI (co-worker). Lets put it this way, it was WOT all the way. :)

runnin stage 2 without being tuned for the intake is a bad idea. I'm gettin back to stage 2 on my wagon. Up/Dp/Perrin TMIC/Borla catback & a TDC e-tune for those mods. I had that setup on my sedan & it rocked. To run an intake (spt, k&n, whatever) I'd need to get a new map from TDC to compensate for the intake. I dunno that I wanna spend the money is what I'm sayin. Awesome sound, not much difference in power.

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

+1 on the sleeper effect of this car, I want to get the plate: STELTHY

I think it would go good with my Black on Black car...

Just 2 days ago I had a kid (kid = younger than me :lol: ) with a new v-6 accord coupe and 6 speed, talking stuff.

He actually said "You think you can beat ME? This is a 6-speed, you can't hang with this!" I simply responded "You have no idea, do you?" He said "That's not even a WRX!" :confused: Hopefully next time he doesn't talk so much stuff, unless he is POSITIVE...

I have also had a 05 mustang GT convertible ask me at the next light "What the hell is that thing!?!?"

runnin stage 2 without being tuned for the intake is a bad idea. I'm gettin back to stage 2 on my wagon. Up/Dp/Perrin TMIC/Borla catback & a TDC e-tune for those mods. I had that setup on my sedan & it rocked. To run an intake (spt, k&n, whatever) I'd need to get a new map from TDC to compensate for the intake. I dunno that I wanna spend the money is what I'm sayin. Awesome sound, not much difference in power.

Spoke to Jon and he is not tuning with SPT intake.

I'm going with upgrade DB turbo, PE 850cc injectors (on their way) and coolingmist (at home) soon.

I don't know why Jon don't like PE 850cc injectors and not touch them (tune that is).

I'm going with upgrade DB turbo, PE 850cc injectors (on their way) and coolingmist (at home) soon.

I don't know why Jon don't like PE 850cc injectors and not touch them (tune that is).

you gotta get that stuff tuned dude. You can't just slap stuff on the car & run it safely. Jon doesn't like the SPT & so he doesn't tune for it but he could if you went on his dyno.

Because it is not safely tuneable (via email), read more here:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39773&highlight=cobb+spt+intake

BOT:

The leg is also a sleeper to cops, don't ask me how I know... :icon_wink

Archived