1 D. Driver side door handle peeling...Fixed

1 E. Passenger side door handle peeling...Fixed

1 F. Clutch pedal worn out (twice in 31 k)..Fixed

1 G. Cooling Fan issue...Fixed

1 H. Squeaky drivers seat..unfixed

1 I. Windshield scratched by dealer during carwash...Fixed

1 J. Paint on bumper started peeling...fixed

1 K. Center console began to open up..fixed

1 L. Shifter leather abnormally worn..Fixed?

1 M. Passenger side seatbelt sensor broke...Fixed

1 N. Radio controls change volume/freeze occasionally..unfixed

1 O. Glove comparment wouldn't close properly..fixed(kinda)

1 P. Radio Buttons get stuck and lock a station occasionally..Unfixed

1 Q. Compass stuck/frozen occasionally..unfixed

I can't think of more as of now, i'm sure i'm missing a few. What i would like is for everyone to copy and paste my list and add your problems and add the next sequencial number to the ones already mentioned if you have it. I'm curious to see how many people have had what kind of problem.

I haven't take in consideration problems for wear and tear from normal use, only some that i considered abnormal.

Thanks y'all.

Here is a list of anything that has failed me over 31K of driving my 2005 LGT

1 A. Abnormal whistle noise (not turbo, maybe wheel bearing)....unfixed

1 B. Driver side door rattle..unfixed

1 C. Driver side mirror make noises above 60 mph..unfixed

1 R. Nothing. 1 year old, 12k miles.

I can't think of more as of now, i'm sure i'm missing a few. What i would like is for everyone to copy and paste my list and add your problems and add the next sequencial number to the ones already mentioned if you have it. I'm curious to see how many people have had what kind of problem.

I haven't take in consideration problems for wear and tear from normal use, only some that i considered abnormal.

Thanks y'all.

- The Mortgage Man

1. Squeaky Seats

2. Chattering 5th Gear (switching over to redline soon hoping it will solve that)

3. Drivetrain vibration between 2500-3000 rpms in 5th gear

4. Bent and non balanced rims

5. Some scratches on my black paint

5. An awesome car that is ridiculously fast and sounds amazing and i dont care about the above 5 because i love it to deathhh.

06 TB EVO IX SE stock turbo monster subaru hater :lol:

After 5000 miles...

1) A big smile on my face every time I drive it.

Seriously, maybe I'm living a charmed life with this car, I've had ZERO issues.

Also a Subie Forester with 25,000 miles, no issues, pristine.

I've got no complaints with Subaru build quality on the two I own.

Be well.

-Zin

06 LGT LTD GRP 5MT

07 FXT LTD OBP 4EAT

Here is a list of anything that has failed me over 31K of driving my 2005 LGT

1 A. Abnormal whistle noise (not turbo, maybe wheel bearing)....unfixed

1 B. Driver side door rattle..unfixed

1 C. Driver side mirror make noises above 60 mph..unfixed

Thanks y'all.

Rear passenger rubber door trim split

Front Passesnger door panel replaced (flawed)

Front A Pillar interior trim replaced - not fitting correctly

Stuttering Flash - did not fix the issue next time will be # 4 and I will file my lemon law case about it

A/C hose vibrations

Dash vibration/noise

Car was mis-aligned from the factory

Outside temperature sensor gets stuck at cold temperatures (around 0 degrees)

Radio volume will magically change on its own

Had rotors turned already for pulsating pedal

Clutch pedal just started making noises

Oh ya, my car only has 16K on it too.

All of you that don't 'have' problems are blind

Rattles! I blame this on my dirt driveway, car didn't rattle when I got it.

Drivers side door handle peeling

Cooling Fan issue...Fixed

Stutter...fixed with stage 1 flash

Grinding on 2nd to 5th skip shifts

"Clunk" on sharp turns over bumps (probably h brace?)

Way too much fun, it must be bad

Is going to cost me a ton of money in mods (already spend more in 2 months then 5 years with my Accord :lol:)

a/c not holding charge: fixed

misaligned from factory: fixed

rattle in dash: (not fixed)

clunk in front: (fixed)

clunk in front: (new, not fixed)

left side controls, climate and radio stick: (not fixed)

12,721 miles

considering I live almost 100 miles from the dealerships, those not fixed are not issues at this point in time, but i'm watching (listening) for the clunk to get worse.

All in all, not too different from any other new car i've owned except for the 6 trips for the a/c. Got a month car payment back, a gold level warranty with no deductable and a Cross Country Motor Club membership for my aggravation.

Oh ya, my car only has 16K on it too.

All of you that don't 'have' problems are blind

You want a perfect car ?, you're gonna have to pay a little bit more than you did for the Legacy :lol:

Your problems are just quirks to others, IMO you should just sell the car to someone who appreciates it.

Radio volume will magically change on its own

Yah, what the hell is this all about? I had heard of this radio gremlin in previous threads but now it's starting to happen with me at about 30K. Radio volume moves up and down magically and the backlighting goes on and off in both the head unit and the climate controls....any fixes?

I tell myself that an N/A Forester is just an STI without all the fluff like, power, handling, style, racing heritage, and curb appeal.

at 7500 miles on my 2005 GT wagon:

Rotors turned for pulsation

Hatch struts replace twice for failure

Tire vibration (much worse cold)

Seat squeek (not doing it right now, cross fingers)

Intermittent radio HVAC display failure

Got the 2000 - 3000 rpm stutter, which feels like it's loading up from too rich a mixture.

And the clutch engagement is like on / off switch, but I think that's typical.

And this car is still great fun to drive and is just getting broken in.

no problems, a problem is something i cant get aken care of or is a haggle to do so..my dealership has an excellent service dept and the one malfuntion that i have had with my car in the 2 years i have owned it for was taken care of fast and efficiently. It was a minor part malfunction and it was in the first few weeks i owned the car, everything has been fine since other than things i have caused :(. Love the car, but as with anything in the world, regardless of price, things simply happen, live with it or dont buy it.

Here goes. 18000 or so kms

Clutch pedal squeak. Still after 2 fixes

Rear Hatch Struts toast.

Stutter back ( see P0304)

Radio/HVAC/Speedo/ Dead Car glitches (see U1221 Error)

U1221 - ECU/ CAN comms error( shafted ) on vacation

P0304 - Fuel Injector crapped out - on vacation

Clutch pedal stuck at 1/2 position 3x on vacation....almost hit another car in Montreal.....grrrr......

Glove Box pops open randomly when cold.

Radio/HVAC/Speedo/ Dead Car glitches (see U1221 Error)

U1221 - ECU/ CAN comms error( shafted ) on vacation.

I'm trying to follow you here....Is this the whole radio head unit/climate control displays flickering on and off or something different?

I tell myself that an N/A Forester is just an STI without all the fluff like, power, handling, style, racing heritage, and curb appeal.

Everyone,

I have had numerous Subarus. Not all since new, however I have had since new:

91 legacy L

95 legacy L

02 LGT

06 Spec.b.

I have had a few issues, with initial build quality, much taken care of under warranty.

Issues resolved on cars:

91. CEL light coming on intermittently in the beginning phases of ownership, fixed under warranty.. I traded this car in at around 100,000 miles. I didn't have to repair anything. To be honest, I don't remember the cause of the CEL light, it was so long ago. I don't recall issues with squeeks,rattles etc.

95 Wheel bearing, door panel cloth on passenger door, cupholder fixed under warranty. Alternator replaced under recall due to a bad batch of diodes from supplier. I did replace the replacement alternator at around 135,000 miles. Thats is for this car. Sold in 2002 with 165,000 on the odometer. Had some squeeks/rattles, but I didn't notice them too much.

02 Issues with this car were more numerous than I would have liked, however, most were covered under warranty. The first issues were with the check engine light. I had it come on 3 times in the first 11,000 miles. I was told by the dealer that it was a false indicator, and my ecu would need to be replaced. This was done. At around 35,000 miles, the light came on again. This time it was a part that needed to be replaced. I do not remember what it was. At around 85,000 miles, the light came on again. Same issue as the 35,000 issue.

At this point I need to tell a little about the dealership I go to for sales/service. Steve Moyer Subaru in Leesport. The service manager got Subaru to cover the repair at 85,000 miles as well as replacing my battery at no charge to me(it just happened to be bad at the same time) for the troubles I had. Additionally everytime I go for service, i get a loaner.

At around 90,000 miles needed to replace head gasket. 700.00 to fix.

To be honest the thing that bothered me the most was the head gaskets. I never had to do that before on any car.

I had no clutch issues, transmission problems, electricial issues, etc. I finally traded that car in in February with 122,000 miles on it. for the Spec.b The only repair I paid for was the head gasket repair.

So, in about 4.5 years and 120,000 or so miles, my repair bills were 700.00. I feel that is pretty good. Also, I opened a complaint with Subaru about the number of times I took the car in, and they gave me 1000.00 on my Spec.b purchase.

06 The only issue with this in the first 14,000 miles are the tires. I have had to replace 2 already. I don't seem to notice any of the issues that others have with squeeks/rattles/fit/finish, etc.

jond_68 you make some very valid points and you give me hope that I'll be able to run this Leggy into the ground. Likewise, I haven't found myself caught up in all the squeaks, rattles, loose fits, "fit & finish" issues. I've owned many vehicles of all makes, models and manufacturers and they all had gremlins...some worse than others. The fact is in this new age all these cars are built by computers and designed by highly skilled engineers..heck, the Hyundai factories broke new engineering ground by building highly amble line robots that are way ahead of their time. I think more than anything humans just like to bitch. Granted there are members on here who have had some major issues, but again we're talking about a mass production item (of course if my turbo goes, I may eat these words). The overall hope is that SOA takes care of us when the big stuff goes down, and just based on my readings of this forum so far I get the vibe that it's about a 70/30 love hate relationship.

AirSix,

This is how I would describe it.

The radio started with the random volume fluctuations the the radio/HVAC displays began flickering...then crapped out. Initially just the display was out, but shortly after the entire unit crapped out with no function. Then the speedo/tach began sweeping randomly while driving.......good times.

U1221 was the erroe code the dealership pulled...an ECU / CAN comm link error / ECU failure.

I told them that several others have the radio/HVAC issue as well....they may be related???

Archived