LegacyGT.com

What issues do you have with your car?

TomasTX

AirSix,

This is how I would describe it.

The radio started with the random volume fluctuations the the radio/HVAC displays began flickering...then crapped out. Initially just the display was out, but shortly after the entire unit crapped out with no function. Then the speedo/tach began sweeping randomly while driving.......good times.

U1221 was the erroe code the dealership pulled...an ECU / CAN comm link error / ECU failure.

I told them that several others have the radio/HVAC issue as well....they may be related???

Wow that's no gremlin...that's a friggin troll! Yah, for now I just get the radio/HVAC flicker but it appears it's directly related with the dimmer switch freaking out when it's being set between ILL.5 and ILL.6. Who knows....thanks for the ingfo though. Good luck with that.

I tell myself that an N/A Forester is just an STI without all the fluff like, power, handling, style, racing heritage, and curb appeal.

14K miles, not to much has gone wrong (yet).

Sunroof drain line pinched closed from factory, filled the heater box and passenger footwell with water (fixed).

I have it going in tomorrow for the following issues.

Cooling fan constantly on (relay and ECU replacement).

Stutter (should be addressed by the ECU replacement mentioned above I was told).

Front passenger side suspension clunk/popping noise.

Clutch engagement - I think it grabs to high but I suspect they are all similar. I've never had the clutch stink problem and it does not slip but I figure I'll have them check it anyway.

2 years and 25,000 miles

rattle in dash (sorta fixed)

CEL with P0304 (fixed)

that's it. The dash rattle can be annoying when it is rattling (doesn't happen all the time). The CEL is one of those "shit happens" things.

~4K miles 6 months old:

-Air Bag light @ 600 miles = Driver seat side airbag faulty

-4057 miles...Radio decided to "Rock the Casbah" on it's own...watched the display and numbers would fluctuate and the cease...

I'm a little worried about electrical problems...but we'll see what happens after a year of ownership!

I refuse to believe this is not going to be a fantastic car!

Cooling fan stuck on-ECU and relay replaced

Passenger rear door sill trim came unglued-replaced with new one HVAC/radio displays intermittent failure just started recently,have not taken to dealer yet to fix.Does anyone know what the fix is for this problem,just curious.Other than that love the car.

Cooling fan relay and ECU need to be replaced, now on order per TSB....E/T on trip computer flashes --- when quickly turning key to start, part also on order per TSB.

I just had it in today for the above problems, service writer was familiar with both problems, they figured the parts wouldn't be in stock and would have to be ordered, just as I had expected, so no big deal.

I have 14k on it and these have been the only two problems, not so bad at all....especially considering my last new car was a GTI - now that one had some problems.

New problem..not sure how this happened but my brand new Subaru has rust! Yup I said it Rust! Wait cars still have metal!?!?!

Rust has appeared just below the back window in the drain track of the trunk. Anyone else had a rust issue?

I can image rust on the hood and/or roof...but in the drain track of the trunk!?!?! Anywho...SOA rep said to have it fixed by dealer in Boulder,CO. I'll let you know how it goes...

• 3 years later...
I turned on my car today when it was about 28 degrees and blasted the heat and went outside to clean off the snow, came back and sat down in the car with a rattling noise coming from under the glovebox, any ideas as to what it could be, or how to fix it? it sounds like a fan type thing ( probly the blower), and it sounds like something is in its way and it makes that constant sound which slows down as you lower the heat.

'06 2.5i with 71k miles, with a few rattles in the dash every now and then.

Heat shielding started rattling around 50k, ripped it off.

My trunk lid doesn't want to stay down all the way, I have to adjust the locking mechanism every now and then to keep it a tight fit.

Cooling fan relay and wheel bearings were fixed under warranty last year.

Other than that, all routine maintenance issues(brake pads, wipers, tires).

I love this car :)

06 SpecB with 57k miles

- can't lock my doors without the factory alarm going off

- gauge sweep doesn't work for some reason

- odometer, trip meter and Legacy light in the gauge cluster aren't on anymore

can't seem to find out the problem..any advice?...all of those problems all at once.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...

Once again after having my car detailed the audio & climate controls are stuck and I cannot change them. It is currently 90 degrees outside and the front defroster is blowing at top speed and my audio is stuck on one station. Thought it was just cold weather -25, that made them stick. Any suggestions?

:confused:

Archived