LegacyGT.com

new wrx spy pics

hallfleming

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As of now, there is no comparison between legacy series and Imprezas on ride comfort, options, etc. etc.

Are you kidding? The Legacy is so much more comfortable and smoother than the impreza. I test drove both back to back and the Legacy felt like a bentley compared to the Impreza.

enough zip ties and duct tape will fix anything.

Yes, but just saying that cars specifically designed for right hand drive market tend to have the exhaust on the right also.

Apart from the hood scoop, what else is there to indicate that this is the new WRX ?

Front grill - looks like a Mazda

Grill badge - looks like a VW (with a GTi behind ?)

Roof antenna - Subaru use integrated antennas

Too many inconsistencies to convince me 100%

The exhaust is completely different. The midpipe/etc. still runs along side the left of the axle as you can see in that pic, but the muffler itself is sideways along the bumper (like a Miata or a Porsche). Its completely different, so we cant say anything, but the only valid reason I can see that this might not be a US spec car is that the bumpers seem rather flat and not up to US specs (like how the Legacy has bumpers that stick out more) but thats just an assumption as well...

We know this is a subaru for several reasons:

1) Spy photographers dont just take random pictures, they camp outside of specific company facilities and wait to see what drives out. Hense they saw this come out of a subaru facility.

2) R160 rear differential.

3) Current WRX wheels.

4) Hood scoop.

We have less reason to think this is not a subaru than to think that it is.

It maybe late to the party but @ least it will not be a modified Dodge Caliber.......:lol:

as long as the interior is stepped up.....i dont care what it shares a platform with.

It looks killer and will definitely be a better performer than the current evo ix....i see a winnar which can be had early next year.

Sounds like it will be a 5 door, with a four door to follow, according to Autoblog's article. No mention of a three door, although I think that would be the most logical place to go, considering WRX and WRX STI's market demographic. They are tuners, usually young-ish males, and want "fast", and in most other brands, they tend to go for two or three door coupes. Since the GC 2.5RS coupe, Subaru has had no such bodystyle. I would think that a three door body style with the WRX and WRX STI powertrains would be a big seller with the HIN crowd, as long as it looks "faster" than the four and/or five door versions.

I still can't believe that the Mazdaspeed 3 is only that dorky looking 5-door pontiac Vibe-thingy. Why do people think that is a sporty bodystyle? Or the Dodge Caliber (slated for SRT treatment...)? Yeah, buy it if you need the space, but coupes and 3-door non-boxy hatchbacks are so much sportier looking, to go with the performance role those cars are supposedly playing...

Yeah, it pretty much looks like ass.

Considering how much cammo it's under any attempt to judge styling at this point is , well, pointless.

The grille? OMGFG It lookjs like a Camry! Or is it a Mazda!? Whaaaa!

Hey, perhaps it IS from a Camy and is there just to freak you out.

i dont think it's a subaru, the grill is square, subaru's grill is round

the GTI in the background also means something, why would subaru be test driving the car and have a GTI with it

and why isn't the car right hand drive, why would they make a model for left hand first and not a right hand for Japan. Japan would be the first ones to get the new redesign Imprezas so i think they would make a right hand first not a left hand.

Archived