LegacyGT.com

Window Closes on SOA LegSti Sedan

MtnSub

I think his point was that is how most of the grasseaters out there look at a car purchase. As he said, "high school human nature".

If Subaru wants into that playground, they need to market the Legacy a little differently.

Around here Outbacks are 10:1 over LGTs. Actually, few XTs or LGTs, mostly 2.5i...

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heights and Pantie (LOL couldn't resist):

You missed the point of my post, which was that this is how most people look at buying a new vehicle. Why the F#$% would anyone want an eddie bauer edition ford exploder??? For cachet. Same thing with the absurd bmw X3 & X5, and porsche SUV - I mean, what is up with these people??? They aren't buying these vehicles for the traditional BMW and Porsche values - they are buying marketing hype.

Anyway that's all I'm saying; you missed it =)

Subaru needs to inject some performance marketing into their operations. I mean, really if people will buy a cayenne, they will buy absolutely anything - we need more brainless morons like these idiots to want LGT's to get SOA volumes up.

High schoolers think Subaru = Outback (= fag, but that's another story)

That is all . . .

A friend of mine is buying a car now, doesn't like wagons, at all. mention the Leg GT to him, and the response - If I'm spending $27 k on a car, I'm not buying a Nissan or a Subaru - I'll get a Saab (9-3) or Acura (TL).

Tell your friend to look into who really makes the Saab 9-2x :lol:

Just to add to the SUV (Cayenne) part, if Subaru just brings the already in production Forester STi with an optional 330 (!) hp (300 stock), it could DESTROY the Cayenne S, outperform the Turbo, and be a solid match for the Turbo S. But people wont buy it. 99% of people will say "well porsche is a sports car company and Subaru makes wagons" and pay a ****load for the weaker car. The world just isnt right.

http://www.caranddriver.com/minitest/8310/subaru-forester-sti.html .

Turns out it only has 268 stock, but I know there are upgrade packages, either from Subaru, or from a 3rd party. Also, One could always mod it himself!

But it is only $28,000, and weighs 3300 lbs (spec b), and has more hp than the shrek. Scintillating.

That doesnt make too much of a difference really as far as performance is concerned. It will still (i'm pretty sure) match a Cayenne Turbo which still costs twice as much (the normal Cayenne S is mincemeat). Therefore Subaru still owns Porsche in the performance SUV market. Which doesnt matter at all. So this is the end of the thread hijacking.

Back to the Legacy it is!

Archived