LegacyGT.com

Will Subaru's direction make your current Suby your last?

ATB

Will Subaru's direction make your current Suby your last?  

231 members have voted

1. 1. Will Subaru's direction make your current Suby your last?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish there was a 'not yet'

I'm only a year and a half into owning my car (well chase finance owning my car lol) I have put a lot into little things and customizing my car to make it 'mine' so I dont plan on getting a different car anytime soon. However 2 years down the road we'll have to see A> if im pulling in more cash and B> what the next generation wrx really looks like and if they are waiting till the 08 model year to bring the refreshed legacy to the US, i doubt they are going to only do it for a year so that means a new legacy in 09 at the earliest...

That being said in a few years I may be going to an Audi or BMW dealership. However if the next redesigned legacy looks promising I may hold out and be a subie owner again..

But so far 15k and no problems except for when a rock hit my compressor and Gerald covered that under warranty..

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

I'm a Subaru customer only if ALL Legacy GT models come with a manual (MT). We have an '05 LGT wagon 5MT and '00 LGT wagon 5MT, so clearly we would be shopping for replacement of the older one in '07 or '08.

JC, Chicagoland bassist & opentracker

2005 LGT 5MT Ltd wagon

2005 LGT 5MT Ltd sedan

they suck but who else offer's a turbocharged AWD sedan that is affordable?

This is EXACTLY what I am thinking... I like the legacy more than just about any other four-door out there, for it's content and value. Availability and configurability are the big strikes against, which are both endemic to the SOA bureaucracy, not the car's limitations.

but I can't buy a car if I can't find a car, which is even more fundamental than whether it is a configuration that I want or not.

I might want to find something with better gas economy or that uses alternate fuel... But I prefere shopping for used Subarus anyway so I dont really apply to this thread.

But I have to say, there are some extremely picky people on this board :p

Things attracted me to Subaru:

1. Wagons rule--it is the only car company that specializes in wagons, 3 sizes and all always available. The cargo carrying features are the best in the biz.

2. Manuals not treated as red-headed stepchildren. As of '05, I believe 20% of sales were manual shifts. This may be being reduced as manuals are discontinued in more and more models.

3. Best AWD in the business. Effective, efficient and transparent.

4. Safety--I know I didn't used to care about it, but people do dumb things and I really don't want to be killed or maimed on the highway if I can help it.

5. Handling--Subies do handle well, all of them.

6. Features--Subaru doesn't play the extended options list game. This was once an exclusively big 3 ploy (base price $17,000, delivered $32,000), but now is common at all mfrs. Subies come nicely equipped at the base level.

I see Subaru backing away from manuals. This irks me, and may actually make me shop for my next car, instead of just walking back into Pilgrim Subaru and saying "I want that one". I don't think it will be enough to keep me away, but one never knows, do one??

P.

I see Subaru backing away from manuals. This irks me, and may actually make me shop for my next car, instead of just walking back into Pilgrim Subaru and saying "I want that one". I don't think it will be enough to keep me away, but one never knows, do one??

P.

Which suprises me because they were offering so many. If I wanted an auto Id buy a Dodge or if I had the cash a Mercedes.

I dont want Subaru to have crappy choices like Lexus. The Lexus IS only comes in the following combinations:

MT RWD 2.5L

AT AWD 2.5L

AT RWD 3.5L

Now my dad wanted power, AWD, and a stick shift. 204 hp, would be a considerble downgrade from his spirited A6 and Aurora before that. Hence the 330xi offered 255 hp, AWD and a 6 speed gearbox.

Things attracted me to Subaru:

1. Wagons rule--it is the only car company that specializes in wagons, 3 sizes and all always available. The cargo carrying features are the best in the biz.

2. Manuals not treated as red-headed stepchildren. As of '05, I believe 20% of sales were manual shifts. This may be being reduced as manuals are discontinued in more and more models.

3. Best AWD in the business. Effective, efficient and transparent.

4. Safety--I know I didn't used to care about it, but people do dumb things and I really don't want to be killed or maimed on the highway if I can help it.

5. Handling--Subies do handle well, all of them.

6. Features--Subaru doesn't play the extended options list game. This was once an exclusively big 3 ploy (base price $17,000, delivered $32,000), but now is common at all mfrs. Subies come nicely equipped at the base level.

P.

1. Have you ever heard about VW, Audi, BMW or Mercedes. They always offered wagons.

2. It might have been true but I think that BMW has manual transmission the most proliferated nowadays.

3. I would call it good not best. Effective, efficient and NOT transparent. I can kick my rear end loose with liberal power application when making turn.

4. Bundling features is nice if you want all of them. I love to have choices.

Krzys

"1. Have you ever heard about VW, Audi, BMW or Mercedes. They always offered wagons."

Mercedes is out of my price range, Audi is too.

VW and Audi are not known for reliability. Anectodally, every Audi owner I've ever known ends up driving rental cars a big portion of the time.

All are ridiculously expensive to maintain. Now BMW offers "free" service, but that has a time limit. My best friend called his Beemer his $700 car. Every time it went in for anything at all, no matter how minor, the bill was $700.

Screw that crap. A car is a tool. You want to enjoy it, but I've got a life, a house, a family, hobbies, a full-time job and a part-time job. Some people like the hardship of owning a "special" vehicle. Not me. If I did I'd be driving something truly cool like a Jensen Interceptor or a Porsche Speedster.

"3. I would call it good not best. Effective, efficient and NOT transparent. I can kick my rear end loose with liberal power application when making turn."

That's a bad thing, exactly why??

P.

"3. I would call it good not best. Effective, efficient and NOT transparent. I can kick my rear end loose with liberal power application when making turn."

That's a bad thing, exactly why??

Not a bad thing. I was making a point that it is not transparent. It is there and it lets you know.

I am not claiming that VW, Audi, MB or BMW are better but they are making Subaru not only company that specializes in wagons.

Krzys

Archived