LegacyGT.com

transmission good for how much hp?

subiesales05gt

It's not HP that breaks tranny's, it's TRQ! You can have alot of hp up higher in the rev range, and yet not have a ton of trq, and the transmission will live happily. OTOH, you can have a very torquey mid range, and trash the transmission.

Forgot to answer OP ?... I have seen the LGT tranny consistently take 360wtrq, how much beyond that, I am unsure, so I prefer to not push my luck!

I hate to put down the Legacy GT, But I've always loved Nissan's, I had a 94 Sentra and I got a 99 Infiniti I30 (Maxima), there engines are built to race. The M45 is a V8, 335HP, 340 torque, the Legacy GT can't see the M45.........SORRY

since I apparently took it too far, this is all I have to say.:trolls:

I hate to put down the Legacy GT, But I've always loved Nissan's, I had a 94 Sentra and I got a 99 Infiniti I30 (Maxima), there engines are built to race. The M45 is a V8, 335HP, 340 torque, the Legacy GT can't see the M45.........SORRY

I'm as much of a Nissan fanboy as anybody, I have a '94 300ZX Twin Turbo, but M45 and LGT are in completely different market. For starter M45 is a $50k car! It might have a V8 and 335 hp but it also weights 4000+ lbs. It's 60 and 1/4 mile time is about the same as a stock LGT at 5.5 and 14.2 so I don't know where you are getting this LGT can't see the M45 stuff. The M45 is a luxury car and that's where the extra $20k went.

The weak point in the Subie is the clutch, not the Trans. If you can twist off an output shaft, then look into an aftermarket Transmission. Until then, Chill:)
"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

are you ******* retarded?

I said they have the same transmission :nono:

not that they were faster.

reading comprehension>you.

(bringing t3h OT to turbo powertrains 1 post at a time!)

Treat someone like that again and you get a time out :)Are we clear? ever since you have joined this site (or the past few days) you have been very close to out of line. Any issues PM me :)

the 5EAT aka RE5R05A, is used on the highest-spec nissans.

so, whatever the M45 makes the RE5R05A can take.

We pretty much anihilated this tranny in 2 months on a boosted Z.

Around 380ft/lbs at the wheels. Had a tranny cooler too.

There's my very long thread on those trannys on my350z.com.

As far as I know the weakest link are the clutchpacks. AFAIK nobody makes upgraded clutchpacks yet (Raybestos has it in the works).

That's I'm not sure of.

However I did pretty extensive research about a year ago and the only solution that worked was 6mt swap. We had been running close to 500ft/lbs on 6mt for a while.

Apart from that Performance Nissan has a PowerGlide swap for a Z. That's the same 4-speed they use on their 6 sec. Z. Pricetag around 9k.

rclark0032. yes i do work at subaru. unfortuanately they tell me the same as every other customer which is not to do any am parts because something could happen to the tranny. we dont rally subaru cars here we just sell and fix them so nobody knew. but thanks for the comment. i figured id asked the people that actually have tested the trannys and for those of you that were helpful. THANKS

Archived