LegacyGT.com

Pictures of the STi Limited

Not sure if I am feeling the "upscale" STI. And what the hell is subaru thinking with the Aux port. Can you waste any more space....honestly. Big piece of plastic with tiny hole in the center...worthless. I don't see why you can't just mount it on the stereo itself. Or do what they did in the LGT, Aux port in the storage space. With that slick little cutout for a wire, there would be no mess in keeping your mp3 player out of the compartment.

I like that more than the WRX STI. more subtle, but unfortunately also limited in color.

I just wonder if this is cannibalizing Legacy demand. If people want a leather clad, subdued, stealthy, and more sophisticated AWD powerhouse... as opposed to a fully-dressed WRC Homologation, Would not a Legacy with the STI's engine, brakes, 6MT (Legacy geared, but with STI diffs) and corresponding suspension tuning, make a bit more sense?

I know people are going to say: 07 Legacy Spec B has most of it, and WRX is lighter than the Legacy, too.

07 Spec B is at the right price point to have the full STI power level (or at least 300hp.) DCCD would be a nice toy, and I might actually use that more than SI-Drive.

Brembos (black or gold, either way), stiffer sways and lower springs, and 7.5-8" wide OE wheels with at least 225 width tires should be there. This should be the Spec B specification, even if they don't call it an STI model, with the upped 300hp rating.

And SOA needs to shed this "limited edition equals limited configuration" B.S., and offer some colors and options (to be added or deleted, like NAV) for customers to get the car they want.

And black leather or Black leather/alcantara like the Legacy GT/Blitzen/WRX-STI-Limited, is nicer looking than the Black/blue alcantara 07 Spec B. Even the 06 Spec B red seats look better.

Too bad that black leather is even so rare in the Legacy GT.

I am not saying that the WRX STI limited is a bad idea... I am just saying that a Hi-perf Legacy would already fill that bill, and probably even better than a rougher riding, and smaller interior WRX STI.

If SOA would actually get it done. We all know how likely that is.

limited release of 800 cars nationwide is 'cannibalizing Legacy demand'?? Dude...stop over-analyzing. Seriously.

I am not saying that 800 units will make much difference...

But WRX gets limited variant, STI gets limited variant, and Legacy GT LOSES options?

I am questioning their methodology, not whether 800 WRX STI Limiteds will make a dent in Legacy sales.

Although, considering last year's 500 Spec Bs, and considering that not all of THOSE are sold yet, it COULD make a dent, because Legacys are so undersupplied, undermarketed, undersupported, and undersold.

And as I said, If SOA is making a choice: "Which of our cars should we outfit as a sophisticated ultimate-performance 4-door sedan.... the WRX STI or the Legacy GT???? HMMMMMM......

And they choose WRX STI. And still charge 35k for a Spec B with only one configuration, as their "Legacy Sport Sedan option" without some of the performance aspects that it should have... like, say truly good BRAKES, stiffer rear swaybar (OE in other markets) and lower ride height (even to cope with the larger rolling stock.) This is basic stuff. How much would it cost to put black brembos on the Spec B, in addition to the WRX STI Limited?

If they sell 800 07 Spec B Legacys I'll be impressed. With the sales figure, not necessarily with the configuration of the car.

How many Legacys (assuming they could actually get some on the lots...) could they sell if they would outfit the 07 Spec B with the real performance hardware that is on the WRX STI Limited, and opened up the color pallette to the cornucopia of all 5 LGT colors. (we know they can, they painted one BSM by mistake...)

THAT is what I mean about cannibalizing Legacy sales. Stunting it's greater potential in favor of the outgoing WRX STI. A Legacy can be made sportier and faster than it is, easier than the WRX STI can be made smooth and comfortable to drive.

Legacy gained something that wasn't there when I bought my car in the Spec B. I was set on a wagon, but had there been a reason to get the sedan, ie more performance in the way of a Spec B with Bilsteins, 6sp and NAV, I'd probably have bought one.

Granted, Spec B offers some.

But what if it offered more?

What if it offered not only the Bilsteins, but 20mm sways, and lower springs from the factory.

What if it offered 7.5 or 8" wide wheels, wider tires, and brembo brakes from the factory?

What if it not only had the 6MT, but DCCD, and a rearward torque bias, and adjustable?

What if it offered a real hp upgrade to 300hp, or more?

What if it were offered in your choice of colors, and sedan or wagon bodystyle? Or even with the choice of an Automatic with paddle shifters, instead of buttons? (I'd go 6MT, but some people do like auto trans...)

Would that get you to trade what you have? I imagine that it would get a few members here to do just that, and might bring some buyers from Acura, infiniti, BMW, Audi, and Lexus, and others, who aren't looking for even a toned-down-aesthetic version of the WRX STi?

Granted, Spec B offers some.

But what if it offered more?

What if it offered not only the Bilsteins, but 20mm sways, and lower springs from the factory.

What if it offered 7.5 or 8" wide wheels, wider tires, and brembo brakes from the factory?

What if it not only had the 6MT, but DCCD, and a rearward torque bias, and adjustable?

What if it offered a real hp upgrade to 300hp, or more?

What if it were offered in your choice of colors, and sedan or wagon bodystyle? Or even with the choice of an Automatic with paddle shifters, instead of buttons? (I'd go 6MT, but some people do like auto trans...)

Would that get you to trade what you have? I imagine that it would get a few members here to do just that, and might bring some buyers from Acura, infiniti, BMW, Audi, and Lexus, and others, who aren't looking for even a toned-down-aesthetic version of the WRX STi?

This could be the reason you have yet to purchase .... waiting for the perfect car .... :icon_mrgr

honestly, I think they did a nice job. Subtle black calipers, subtle spoiler, attractive seating, more options. The know what crowd they are attracting and I think they did the right things to get their attention. More could have been done, but enough was done.

This could be the reason you have yet to purchase .... waiting for the perfect car .... :icon_mrgr

Nah... at this point, I am losing trade in value so fast, it just went down about 1500$ in August according to KBB, when the 07 Models came out, and my truck just got a year older. (as did I last month.)

I just want to find a Legacy (none around here at all :mad: ) or sell my truck privately and find a private sale legacy GT.

It is getting down to the point, presently. Finances are coming on line, but now the cars are vapor, and I can't seem to find one.

---

I am just voicing my opinion that I would like some attention paid to the Legacy offering, rather than yet another version of an outgoing car.

Personally, I don't think there is anything Subaru could do to the current, and likely not the upcoming impreza lineup to make me buy one. But they are handicapping the legacy in very real ways, including availability.

The WRX STI Limited is interesting, I won't deny, but ultimately a foot-note. For all of it's "luxury appointments and sophisticated appearance" is still too raw, small, and likely rough-riding for what I would want in a sport sedan. It has power and is very capable, I am sure, but so could the legacy be, similarly equipped, and it is a more civilized platform inside and out.

If I wanted raw, small, and ultimate-grip, rough riding suspension, why would I not go for the full winged version of the STI, and get it in WRB?

Archived