LegacyGT.com

Pictures of the STi Limited

I agree with IwannaSportSedan. If Subaru would put those options in a car, I'd pay for it. They keep artificially restricting option choices for no good reason. You should be able to buy any color combo, with any transmission, with or without Nav. They save nothing by limiting these choices. Offer a real suspension/brakes/wheel package? SOLD.

And, IwannaSportSedan, there are still a couple of deals on leftover new 05 LGTs at Subaru of Duluth (outside Atlanta). It's not a bad road trip, especially going home in your new car.

SLegacy99 - yes, the HIDs can be adjusted up or down as needed.

Its funny I was just thinking about the limited sti and wondering if enough people purchased this car what would SOA do. It obviously would mean that people like the idea of a high-powered sports sedan with upscale interior touches, but would they then think that this combination would work in the lgt?

What other manufacturer does this?

Well, we already know that there's no technical reasons for the option restrictions - nav works with either tranny, etc. Parts are picked by machine and put on the line in the proper build order. There's no reason said robot couldn't pick a tan interior instead of black if that's what was on the order sheet. Same goes with getting nav and a manual trans, or putting a manual in a wagon, not to mention nav in the wagon with either trans.

There's no extra effort or cost involved since the parts are all onhand anyway and they all fit in the car without any changes. No part of the assembly process would change.

In the 60s you could order anything you wanted and it was all done by hand. That's how you got some pretty crazy engine options in plain looking sedans. With the automation of today, it'd be much easier to offer a few choices to people who are obviously willing to pay for it.

Besides, what did Subaru lose by offering these choices in 05? Did they sell fewer cars because you could get red with either color interior? Did the non-limited GT lose money for them? Did wagon sales suffer because they were available with an automatic or a manual? Choice increases sales!

Well, we already know that there's no technical reasons for the option restrictions - nav works with either tranny, etc. Parts are picked by machine and put on the line in the proper build order. There's no reason said robot couldn't pick a tan interior instead of black if that's what was on the order sheet. Same goes with getting nav and a manual trans, or putting a manual in a wagon, not to mention nav in the wagon with either trans.

There's no extra effort or cost involved since the parts are all onhand anyway and they all fit in the car without any changes. No part of the assembly process would change.

In the 60s you could order anything you wanted and it was all done by hand. That's how you got some pretty crazy engine options in plain looking sedans. With the automation of today, it'd be much easier to offer a few choices to people who are obviously willing to pay for it.

Besides, what did Subaru lose by offering these choices in 05? Did they sell fewer cars because you could get red with either color interior? Did the non-limited GT lose money for them? Did wagon sales suffer because they were available with an automatic or a manual? Choice increases sales!

Have to agree ... Subaru lost the $2000 i would have paid for Nav on my 06 5mt..

Would love to see DCCD in a Legacy. I'd take that over a 6sp any day. It is one of the best things about an WRX STI

*shrug* I hardly had my STi out of the DCCD's "auto" setting. Other than using full lock a couple times in snow (and playing around with the other settings a few times), I found that the computer was better at automatically selecting than I was. ;)

-Mike-

WRXs are just too small for me, not practical for road trips especially with more than 2 ppl. The car might as well be a coupe with the amount of room in the back seat.

I took the STi up to Mammoth with 3 others in the car for snowboarding (8 hours each way), and it was just fine. Even my friend who is ~5'11" comfortably slept in the backseat on the way home. ;) Then again, I'm pretty short, so I give whoever sits behind me ample legroom. :p

http://www.mcnproductions.com/sti/exterior/snowrack.jpg

-Mike-

^^ boy I would think those would shake in the wind and make for some crappy steering wheel jitter

No problem with the steering wheel/feeling that the car was unsafe. You could feel a couple good gusts try to move the backend, but it was actually pretty stable. I never had any feeling from the backend into the steering. I even averaged ~85mph on the highway...

I was a bit worried at first too (as I had only driven with that rack a total of ~30 miles prior), but it proved to be uneventful until we returned to my friend's place and couldn't find my other friend's blue WRX (it was stolen).

-Mike-

I like my Legacy also but it doesn't compare to an STi, not even in the same zip code, the STI is a weapon and all the performance that would satisfy any die hard. the money differance here in Canada between LGT and STi is a whopping $9k. My point is how could both cars be considered by one buyer they are so different ? I would not even consider one even though I wish my LGT had the same performace, because I'm 40 and the car looks far too young for me. On the other hand if the LGT came at a premium with all the same performance as the STi and at the STi price I would have ponied up another $9k. That being said for $3k for Cobb AP, UP and DP, shocks and coils and sways, some nice wheels and HIDs and the LGT is a lot closer to the STi for a lot less, but it's no STi that's for sure.

Archived