LegacyGT.com

Is Legacy Wagon History?

MtnSub

Just a thought...

Aren't the wagon be victim of the Toyota deal? They are simplifing assembly line, so to free up some capacity to make Toyotas.

If so IT SUCKS. While Toyota is probably a better partner for Subaru - and has the benefit of giving SOA access to some technology, e.g. diesel (which we here in the US most likely will not benefit from), I hate to think wagon is victim of more Camrys on the road.

WTF needs more Camrys on the road?

And seriously, while Toyota may make very reliable and comfy cars, their cars have zero soul and there isn't absolutely single car they make I would even consider buying. NADA. In the past there was at least Supra or Celica.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just a thought...

Aren't the wagon be victim of the Toyota deal? They are simplifing assembly line, so to free up some capacity to make Toyotas.

If so IT SUCKS. While Toyota is probably a better partner for Subaru - and has the benefit of giving SOA access to some technology, e.g. diesel (which we here in the US most likely will not benefit from), I hate to think wagon is victim of more Camrys on the road.

WTF needs more Camrys on the road?

And seriously, while Toyota may make very reliable and comfy cars, their cars have zero soul and there isn't absolutely single car they make I would even consider buying. NADA. In the past there was at least Supra or Celica.

I doubt that's the reason. SIA has always had extra production capacity since Isuzu bailed a few years back.

Bob

It's ironic, because when I called a local dealership I hear a recorded phone ad saying "Legacy Wagon has been the best selling wagon in the USA for 8 consecutive years"....

It's ironic, because when I called a local dealership I hear a recorded phone ad saying "Legacy Wagon has been the best selling wagon in the USA for 8 consecutive years"....

I guess that was an all-encompassing "legacy", which included all the derivatives from that platform....Outback and Legacy. I would think the Outback to Legacy ratio must be something like 90 to 10.

That's another thing. If they kept "Legacy Outback" designation, that could have helped selling regular Legacy. However, they decided to sell Legacy with lift-kit and body cladding. :mad:

Which brings another question - is the body cladding supported by some holes in the body panels. In other words, if someone removed them and installed Legacy bumpers, could OB be visually converted to Legacy?

Despite owning a sedan I think the wagon is a real bargin in it's own market. My friend that just moved back to Austin bought a 05 white lt ltd wagon.

That car looked bad and sexy. I think steps above the outdated audi or the vulvo. It also tops most other wagons including the outback.

It seems like the speb B's are selling well with lots of pre-orders and currently no rebates their making good money or a good return on investment.

It would seem there is potential market for Subaru in the luxury wagon market

Drop the pos nav.

Put some real brakes and headlights on.

otherwise spec b as usual.

Sell it as a limited spec B with a production of 750 units with one color combo just like the B sedan.

Subaru gets premium for a good value car and the large subaru community gets a good deal.

SUBARU YOU CANNOT BE SO BLIND AND CLOSE MINDED

Despite owning a sedan I think the wagon is a real bargin in it's own market. My friend that just moved back to Austin bought a 05 white lt ltd wagon.

That car looked bad and sexy. I think steps above the outdated audi or the vulvo. It also tops most other wagons including the outback.

It seems like the speb B's are selling well with lots of pre-orders and currently no rebates their making good money or a good return on investment.

It would seem there is potential market for Subaru in the luxury wagon market

Drop the pos nav.

Put some real brakes and headlights on.

otherwise spec b as usual.

Sell it as a limited spec B with a production of 750 units with one color combo just like the B sedan.

Subaru gets premium for a good value car and the large subaru community gets a good deal.

SUBARU YOU CANNOT BE SO BLIND AND CLOSE MINDED

+ eleventymillion!

I would trade my GT Sedan for a Spec B wagon in an eyeblink

I wouldn't be surprised if the L-GT wagon lives on as an Outback GT wagon. Think Legacy GT, but with an Outback grille.

Anybody remember, just before the current generation Legacy and Outback debuted, there were some SOA images floating around over at NASOIC that showed an Outback GT (not XT, but GT) that also had a 6-speed tranny?

Here are those images from 2004.

So SOA has considered an Outback GT in the past, and could do it again.

Bob

1241115650_05Focus_Outbacksrear.jpg.57b855c0aba0ad1321bd71e1344d56d1.jpg

566251620_05OutbackGTspecs.jpg.629333b36b4fbe79c6e5059d5919d9b2.jpg

Well, what you are saying actually makes sense.

If they could keep current Legacy GT wagon and sell it under Outback GT name with whatever grille they want, but without body cladding and deadly suspension I am all for. Would debadge it and put Legacy on it.

Outback as it is today is a Legacy, just mutilated.

In Canada where we have snow and Subaru does well, we don't even have the Outback sedans....only wagons. I don't mind that but I feel in North America marketing wise, Subaru doesn't take great decisions. If you bring Outback sedans in the US why not bring in to Canada?

If they drop the legacy wagon, they will loose a potential costumer as I am considering a 08 legacy GT wagon next year.

No way I would buy anything with Outback grill, especially if we get the even more SUV looking Outback for '08.

This does bring up an interesting thought, though. It would seem the only reason Subaru no longer offers the Legacy GT wagon with a manual is due to the costs associated with having them registered as a seperate model in the US. It can't be manufacuring costs since GT wagons with manual are still built for Canada in the same factory.

So, I wonder if SOA could manage to offer an "Outback GT" or "Outback SpecB" that is basically a Legacy GT but from an regulatory standpoint would just be another version of the Outback. After all, SOA still offers the Outback XT with a manual.

Samir, are you listening??

I guess the problem is that Outback XT is technically a light truck and to do that feat they had to jack up the suspension to a deadly height.

That's why I think it's unlikely they could "sqeuze in" Legacy Wagon under Outback "light truck" label.

All SOA would have to do is offer an "off road only" set of springs as a dealer installed option that dropped a lifted Outback GT down to the proper height. Subaru alreay offers such suspension options for the WRX

Archived