LegacyGT.com

Optima Battery for LGT

Mui01

I had noticed on a few pics on the forum that couple of folks has the Optima batteries in their cars. I was wondering which model will fit in the LGT? I can't find anything in Optima website or Pepboys sites.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

better CCA, can be safely drained mult. times over, no more battery acid, no more corrosion at the terminals, can be mounted upside-down if you needed to, no need for maintanence...They are better then a standard battery in almost every way. Only problem is that they still weigh quite a bit.

Does anyone have any opinions on Odyssey batteries? They are much smaller and way lighter. I'm just wondering if one would be enough to power my LGT (no stereo mods or anything like that).

I am going to get me a Braille for the summer time, and a yellow top for the winter..

but whatever you do, DO NOT put a battery on a raw concrete floor, put a wooden board under it or the battery will drain down to nothing.. I think it has to do with something with the actual grounding of the battery when it's sitting on a raw concrete floor.. no joke.

Keefe

I am going to get me a Braille for the summer time, and a yellow top for the winter..

but whatever you do, DO NOT put a battery on a raw concrete floor, put a wooden board under it or the battery will drain down to nothing.. I think it has to do with something with the actual grounding of the battery when it's sitting on a raw concrete floor.. no joke.

Holy S, I never knew that! Thanks

He's right! I killed two of my remote starter kart batteries b4 a buddy gave me the "Doh!" heads up.

...but whatever you do, DO NOT put a battery on a raw concrete floor, put a wooden board under it or the battery will drain down to nothing.. I think it has to do with something with the actual grounding of the battery when it's sitting on a raw concrete floor.. no joke.

Sorry bro but, I call BS on this. I don't see any reason this would be the case. Quick search did not find any documentation of this. But maybe, I'm wrong?

no fitment issues? And when did you replace your battery?

Nope, it just fits in the location of the old battery. I replaced it about 4 months ago.

what is the differents between the yellow and red one?

The Yellow Top is more of a deep cycle battery (if you need to power aftermarket car audio equipment for extended periods of time with the engine off, don't drive the car for extended periods of time, etc.). You can find more info. on the differences here; http://www.optimabatteries.com

-Mike-

That is not true... for modern batteries. Before they had sealed units... they had standard tar top batteries which WOULD leak through the case.

The wives tale hasn't been true for about 20 years....

I have an Optima Red top in my 69 Camaro... great battery!

I run an Optima yellow top in my Outback XT and just installed the very small Braille Auto battery. It's easily 1/4 the size of the stock battery.

Lighter than stock and don't have to worry about corrosion.

Cheers!

That looks good.

Do you have the battery mounted on its side? It looks like there are terminals on the side. When I looked at it on the website, the terminals looked like they were only on the top.

I run an Optima yellow top in my Outback XT and just installed the very small Braille Auto battery. It's easily 1/4 the size of the stock battery.

Lighter than stock and don't have to worry about corrosion.

Cheers!

Wow, that looks so weird, but so cool in the same time.

I have the yellow top. I used to get good pricing on them, but then I was selling too many of them and my vendor raised my cost $70 bastards! I have a rare yellow top in my car (they were rare at the time) and it is 10lbs lighter than the equivilant red top. A little taller and about 40% less width. tie down bracket holds it in place fine. Check out my battery page here:

Red Top: http://marylandturbosolutions.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=119_22_23_35_179&products_id=155 (16 in stock)

Yellow Top: http://marylandturbosolutions.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=119_22_23_35_179&products_id=156 (special order)

2012 Forester XT. Stage 2+

Retired from Racing. I used to build FMIC and more.

I have the yellow top. I used to get good pricing on them, but then I was selling too many of them and my vendor raised my cost $70 bastards! I have a rare yellow top in my car (they were rare at the time) and it is 10lbs lighter than the equivilant red top. A little taller and about 40% less width. tie down bracket holds it in place fine. Check out my battery page here:

Red Top: http://marylandturbosolutions.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=119_22_23_35_179&products_id=155 (16 in stock)

Yellow Top: http://marylandturbosolutions.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=119_22_23_35_179&products_id=156 (special order)

^ the 63 series I take it? The one designed for civics? I use to have that one for the WRX when they first came out in that size... much lighter battery, plenty of CCAs.

Keefe

^ the 63 series I take it? The one designed for civics? I use to have that one for the WRX when they first came out in that size... much lighter battery, plenty of CCAs.

They don't make the 63 anymore? So for the yellow top, I could use 35 and 63 for the LGT?

Archived