LegacyGT.com

I hate what Subaru is doing with the color choices

godwhomismike

I hate what Subaru is doing with color choices. Why is it that Subaru doesn't let buyers decide what interior color they want. Example, the black 2006 model year Forester XT came with a tan leather interior, now in the 2007 model year - it only comes with a black interior. The 2006 model year Regal Blue Legacy's could only be had with a tan interior. The lack of color choices annoys the heck out of me.

Does this annoy anyone else here?

I hate what Subaru is doing with color choices. Why is it that Subaru doesn't let buyers decide what interior color they want. Example, the black 2006 model year Forester XT came with a tan leather interior, now in the 2007 model year - it only comes with a black interior. The 2006 model year Regal Blue Legacy's could only be had with a tan interior. The lack of color choices annoys the heck out of me.

nope. you have alot of good points and ideas on the forum but could you turn your avatar off it's really distracting when your trying to read your post. it was cool at one time now it's old. thanks

bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

It annoys "Iwannasportssedan'.....he's expressed it a few times.

i'm not trying to cause trouble but it is hard to read. in fact all the moving ones are annoying. change it everyday to a static one, same effect. thanks again. bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

the 2006 Forester XT ONLY came with black leather

Thats why I bought an '05 LGT. Because I fell in love with Satin White Pearl, but also fell in love with black leather. So I have both, but I really would have preferred to wait for an '07. I feel ya.

Go Cardinals!

Yup. If I was limited to a tan interior on any colour car I wanted, I'd think twice.

I was lucky that I found a white non-limited with the black cloth interior. Exactly as I wanted.

Sounds like down in the US it was quite difficult to find SWP cars with black interiors (from lots of comments on here)??? That would have pissed me off.

Yup. If I was limited to a tan interior on any colour car I wanted, I'd think twice.

I was lucky that I found a white non-limited with the black cloth interior. Exactly as I wanted.

Sounds like down in the US it was quite difficult to find SWP cars with black interiors (from lots of comments on here)??? That would have pissed me off.

Yeah I've noticed that too. Makes me happy that I found my #1 choice.

Go Cardinals!

Let's see... ummmm..... yeah!

Seriously, my opinions are oft lamented artifacts of LegacyGT.com forum lore...

It is nice to see that I am not all that crazy [kryten]smug-mode[/kryten]

Not only do they not offer black interior with Regal Blue, they no longer offer Regal Blue on the Legacy GT at all. 2.5i only, still only with Tan interior.

Newport blue is a barely distinguisable change from Atlantic blue pearl, and still only tan interior, and the only non-greyscale color in the Legacy GT lineup, after they AXED Garnet Red for 07.

And for Gireland, not only do the not make White with black interior anymore, you can't get cloth interior on the GT anyway. Sorry, two strikes against subaru.

The 07 JDM STI tuned Legacy comes in three colors, (all with full black interior to the headliner) two of which are blue (WRB and Regal), the third being black. Neither blue is available in the US on the 07 GT or spec B.

US Spec B is grey with a blue interior, IMHO not as good as any of STI-tuned car's colors, so its SOA's way or the highway.

That isn't even getting into the option availability insanity. Again, I have to hold myself back from going all out on this topic yet again.

I contend that the only reason the WRX and WRX STI get WR Blue or Solid Red is that they are painted in the japanese factory. If they were built in the US, they'd be almost entirely grayscale, too. Like the WRX STI Limited. Gray or white. At least they get the black interior, where the very few white Legacys don't.

Someone said it perfectly the other day. Subaru is trying to get rid of all those extraneous pesky customers by limiting available options. (paraphrased, but it was put very well by whomever wrote it...)

It is really ridiculous, and in that reasoning, I am going to save myself some depreciation losses, and buy a 2005 or 6. 2005 was a very good year. New design, new turbo motor, interior grade and color availability, and black headlights. It has gone downhill since, aside from maybe the side impact test results, and folding rear seats and aux in for 07. Trade that for worse OE 07 wheels and lack of color options, and chrome headlights.

Yes. I wanted a white car with leather, and all they offer is tan, the bastards. I don't like tan, it gets too dirty, how about black leather? Nooooo. You must have tan leather in a white car. Up yours, Japan! Or wherever these cars are made. And stop putting empty beer cans and cigarette butts in the empty spaces in the engine bay, you bastards!

i'm not trying to cause trouble but it is hard to read. in fact all the moving ones are annoying. change it everyday to a static one, same effect. thanks again. bosco

Heh, just a bit of trivia. If you hit the escape key, once a website has loaded, it will stop all of the animated gifs on the frame that was being displayed when the key was hit.

--james

I love my RBP GT with black cloth! I've had my car for over a year, and the interior still looks brand new. Tan would be showing some dirt by now. I can't belive they don't even offer cloth on the GT anymore. I don't care for leather because it burns the crap out of your legs in the summer!

you can turn avatars off ya know

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

I found one also,,and am very happy with the black on white myself.

Tan wouldn't work fr me either.

I love my RBP GT with black cloth! I've had my car for over a year, and the interior still looks brand new. Tan would be showing some dirt by now. I can't belive they don't even offer cloth on the GT anymore. I don't care for leather because it burns the crap out of your legs in the summer!

Exactly why I got the non-limited even though I wanted a sunroof. The STI I test drove a couple weeks ago had the alacantra and it was quite nice. All the luxury of leather without the extreme temperatures, stickiness, and sliding. If I got a Legacy now (2007+) I'd look primarily at the SpecB for this reason alone.

Heh, just a bit of trivia. If you hit the escape key, once a website has loaded, it will stop all of the animated gifs on the frame that was being displayed when the key was hit.

--james

That's cool. Coxx is now in mid-punch on my screen. :icon_bigg

It is still ugly.

That's cool. Coxx is now in mid-punch on my screen. :icon_bigg

:lol: I tried that same trick. It's kinda funny when you catch some in mid-motion

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

I agree with the lack of color choice or options. I have white over tan. I got it because my car was a left over and I got a really good deal on it. It was a left over because it had a tan gut.

Anyways, Subaru should let us mix and match all we want.

Super JDM part out: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65039

PM me an offer!

Archived