LegacyGT.com

NJ/NY Meet & DRIVE AUGUST 20th.

G.T.Subie

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

having used the PIP like it was our own test track for years; BE CAREFUL. have done 7 friends all in chevies for the trip. first car was stopped (What wrong officer). officer ask/told me to have friends meet up with me after traffic stop. yet still it is one of the best roads for a quick drive. was stopped once doning 113 or so. I did not get a speeding ticket that night either. still be real careful during a sunday morning drive. was once told that it all depends about highway safety data for that time period.

bear mountain is a great drive, go up to look out. do not let wife drive in park. just in case.

am working that day, if relief arrives on time I will do my best to be there. I have been trying to get to a meet for almost a year now. would love to see some RX's & STI's up close.

be well and safe driving. D.

so....

is this still a "leisurely" drive?

because you know i can barely keep up.

and since your going to bear mountain do you plan to go across the bridge and down the east side of the hudson river?

it is a good drive especially since you will drive next to the edge with no guardrails

Ok. I'm in.

1- GT Subie

2- Effin Ponderous

3- Heightsgtltd

4- Mui01

5- Fatbastard

6-White tiger

7 - Sublo

I'm not down with getting pulled over and ticketed and agree with the general sentiment that 10 - 20 LGTs caravaning down the road (even at legal speeds) is begging for attention. I am down with hanging out that day. I'd be all for all of us heading down to Englishtown to do the autocross that WhiteTiger likes or even a Friday night E.T. war as opposed to screaming up the PIP.

Anyway, based on our last Palisides Mall outing, food/drink/shade are musts if you want it to last more then an hour. I'll bring a cooler full of goodies. I have no grill as I live in a friggin apartment now-a-days. Somebody (with a wagon - grrrr!!!) bring a little grill and I'll bring some mEATs to eAt.

:icon_mrgr

________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

would love to get op to talk with other Subie owners.

If you high powered fellas wont mind an 04 NA in the lineup.

Will have to meet you on the way tho. I am in Monticello NY and would be coming South, over the mtn . Will be at the exit for Bear. No need to drive another 40 mins, only to drive back.

ocei

would love to get op to talk with other Subie owners.

If you high powered fellas wont mind an 04 NA in the lineup.

Will have to meet you on the way tho. I am in Monticello NY and would be coming South, over the mtn . Will be at the exit for Bear. No need to drive another 40 mins, only to drive back.

ocei

Dude, NA really rocks, I had a 97 outback sport before my LGT and I do missed beating the crap out of it!

OK.. here is a spot to meet. It is a nice area that has room for a bunch of cars. You will see on the attached map that the red arrow points to a tiny traffic circle. There is a ranger station there and a parking area marked in green.

I am also including a link to a map of the GENERAL area that you can use to find your way... just note that the arrow on the link is to the center of the zip code

[ame=http://maps.google.com/maps?oi=map&q=10911]Google Maps[/ame]

303977249_mapcopy.thumb.jpg.316e6423aae73611ae275cc3d0d20eb2.jpg

Ok. I'm in.

1- GT Subie

2- Effin Ponderous

3- Heightsgtltd

4- Mui01

5- Fatbastard

6-White tiger

7 - Sublo

I'm not down with getting pulled over and ticketed and agree with the general sentiment that 10 - 20 LGTs caravaning down the road (even at legal speeds) is begging for attention. I am down with hanging out that day. I'd be all for all of us heading down to Englishtown to do the autocross that WhiteTiger likes or even a Friday night E.T. war as opposed to screaming up the PIP.

Anyway, based on our last Palisides Mall outing, food/drink/shade are musts if you want it to last more then an hour. I'll bring a cooler full of goodies. I have no grill as I live in a friggin apartment now-a-days. Somebody (with a wagon - grrrr!!!) bring a little grill and I'll bring some mEATs to eAt.

:icon_mrgr

Sorry, but pull me out for this one

Archived