LegacyGT.com

JDM bumper conv. count

panamajack

Hey Leo, do you know if the jdm 07/08 bumper will fit the 05?

Like if I bought this set:

http://japanparts.com/db/partslist.php?dealer=1&car=6&middlesmall=2%3A11&maker=5&volkey=107-048-003

If you got the JDM rear bumper, you gonna have to get respective year tail lights as they are shorter.

Also, the exhaust tips might stick out a bit more.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Ok anyone here know another LGT owner that has completed a front JDM STI conversion for a 2008 LGT (spec B?)? I am hearing two different answers:

1) 08 conversion require the JDM bumper beam / spoiler / grill / under tray only and everything is a bolt on or....

2) 08 conversion requires everything up top + hood and fenders because the USDM LGT's are 2 inches longer???

Please tell me that option (2) is wrong??? I don't mind spending money for the bumper kit, grill, fog lights, JDM bumper beam but DO NOT want to get a new hood and fenders. Any help on this topic would be great (only seconds away from ordering the kit for japanparts).

This was exactly what I was intending to do to my 08 Spec B. However if the hood also needs replacing that is definitely a wrench in the works.

Remember, our 08 front end is Japans 07.

However if Leo is right them shouldn't any 08 model including the Spec B not have any problems putting on an 07 JDM kit? maybe I'm wrong. But I would like to put on the JDM STI kit so if you figured it out Grocery I would appreciate alittle help :)

Archived