LegacyGT.com

JDM bumper conv. count

panamajack

Hot!!! I'll do it eventually, too!

Btw, the grill is the "tall" JDM grill right?

Yes... the grill is the factory JDM Spec-B. I had customized my last grill (took out the wings) but I really like the look of the stock Spec-B grill... goes with my stock JDM STI look.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Markham to be exact.:icon_wink What about you? Want to meet someday to talk about our LGT.

I've completely forgot about this post until recently. Yeah, i live in Richmond Hill, very close to you then =)

Too bad i only drive a 2.5i. I want a 3.0R tho =) But that was not possible...

You gotta come out to subaru meet in the future!

I did the work myself and used the stock parts. Dump the foam piece and cut the beam along the edge of the head light on either side. (Use a saw/zaw)

Biggest challenge were the fog lamps but I used some heavy aluminum strips to fashion brackets (no need to drill into the bumper). Not that difficult.

Total time from dismantle to complete install was 4 hours.

Did you have any issues with underbody plastic covers and the side brackets? When I was looking at japanparts.com the list of auxilary parts was pretty long, and it does not include the covers (I know they can be trimmed/made to fit JDM bumper, although I read about some missing extra pieces).

Here is the list and the picture is below:

001 JDM BACKBEAM COMP. FRONT

002 JDM BRACKET BUMPER FRONT LOWER

003 JDM ENERGY ABSORBER UPPER

004 JDM ENERGY ABSORBER LOWER

005 JDM SCREWS BUMPER

006 JDM COVER INTAKE

007 JDM CLIPS BUMPER

008 JDM CLIP

009 JDM BRCKE FRONT BUMPER SIDE

010 JDM SLIDER FRONT BUMPER SIDE

011 JDM TAPPING SCREWS TRUSS HEAD

012 JDM TAPPING SCREWS HEXAGON HEAD

013 JDM BRACKET FRONT BUMPER CORNER

014 JDM BUMPER FACE FRONT (PAINTED)

015 JDM TURN CLIP MUDGUARD

016 JDM COVER FRONT BUMPER (PAINTED)

http://www.calkowski.net/pix/specb.jpg

Did you have any issues with underbody plastic covers and the side brackets? When I was looking at japanparts.com the list of auxilary parts was pretty long, and it does not include the covers (I know they can be trimmed/made to fit JDM bumper, although I read about some missing extra pieces).

Here is the list and the picture is below:

001 JDM BACKBEAM COMP. FRONT

002 JDM BRACKET BUMPER FRONT LOWER

003 JDM ENERGY ABSORBER UPPER

004 JDM ENERGY ABSORBER LOWER

005 JDM SCREWS BUMPER

006 JDM COVER INTAKE

007 JDM CLIPS BUMPER

008 JDM CLIP

009 JDM BRCKE FRONT BUMPER SIDE

010 JDM SLIDER FRONT BUMPER SIDE

011 JDM TAPPING SCREWS TRUSS HEAD

012 JDM TAPPING SCREWS HEXAGON HEAD

013 JDM BRACKET FRONT BUMPER CORNER

014 JDM BUMPER FACE FRONT (PAINTED)

015 JDM TURN CLIP MUDGUARD

016 JDM COVER FRONT BUMPER (PAINTED)

http://www.calkowski.net/pix/specb.jpg

You are correct, under engine covers don't fit perfect.

The side bumper braces/brackets needed a little tweeking but worked fine.

The foam absorbers are very thin... Japans crash standards are low (I lived there I know).

Most of the clips can be reused or purchased through the local Subaru Dealership.

I made a license plate bracket.

Any "support brackets" can easily be made out of aluminum.

I would also point out that this list DOES NOT include fog lights or brackets :confused:

I wouldn't discourage anyone buying all the pieces but, I was able to do it quite easily without these items and there is no flex, stress etc. at speed.

Could you elaborate on "covers don't fit perfect"? Are there any holes? Maybe a pic of car underside? Would be appreciated.

I know the kit has no fogs (they sell them extra).

Japan parts quotes the bumper cover itself shipped (to Greyhound) for about $800. Wonder if we could do GB on these....

Could you elaborate on "covers don't fit perfect"? Are there any holes? Maybe a pic of car underside? Would be appreciated.

I know the kit has no fogs (they sell them extra).

Japan parts quotes the bumper cover itself shipped (to Greyhound) for about $800. Wonder if we could do GB on these....

10% Discount on all Parts to LegacyGT members, can't discount the Freight because that's done at Cost....

**JapanParts Offer is good until the end of December 2006**

PM or email me for a quote to destination; you'll need to advise the Year of your car, the Color/Color code and what parts y'want for the conversion

Parts link below:

http://www.japanparts.com/db/partslist.php?dealer=1&car=6&middlesmall=2%3A11&maker=&volkey=107-024

And Foglights:

http://www.japanparts.com/db/partslist.php?dealer=&car=&middlesmall=&maker=&volkey=107-029-003

http://www.japanparts.com/db/partslist.php?dealer=&car=&middlesmall=&maker=&volkey=107-029-004

Graham Ware

Export Manager

gware@japanparts.com

10% Discount on all Parts to LegacyGT members, can't discount the Freight because that's done at Cost....

Graham, how do we apply the discount to an order placed through your web site? I'm going to place an order for some various parts towards the end of this month.

Thanks,

-Mike-

Graham Ware

Export Manager

gware@japanparts.com

Graham, do you think we could do group buy on SpecB bumper covers only (i.e parts 014 & 016 above)? What kind of pricing could we get, say for 2-5 orders, 6-9 orders, 10+ ??? Do you think we could save on shipping if they are shipped together to one address in the U.S (or port or Greyhound)?

Graham, do you think we could do group buy on SpecB bumper covers only (i.e parts 014 & 016 above)? What kind of pricing could we get, say for 2-5 orders, 6-9 orders, 10+ ??? Do you think we could save on shipping if they are shipped together to one address in the U.S (or port or Greyhound)?

Because large items are being shipped to different Zip Codes, people pay at different times + parts ship on different dates

That's why I've suggested that individual club members PM or email me, claim their 10% discount and we quote them individually to ZIP Codes, we don't mind doing that, and everyone will gets know "how much and how soon" before they commit to buying

Absolutely cheapest Option is to uplift from our Long Beach SoCal clearance agents store, during business hours. Otherwise, its 48 States delivery cost from CA 90221- Zip XXXX

Graham Ware

Export Manager

gware@japanparts.com

Graham, how do we apply the discount to an order placed through your web site? I'm going to place an order for some various parts towards the end of this month.

Thanks,

-Mike-

Don't use the JapanParts Site checkout: PM or email me with a list of the Part numbers you want and I'll quote you "how much and how soon" and apply 10% discount

If you're happy with our quote; you can pay by bank transfer to our SoCal account, or by PAYPAL

There's NO obligation; if you don't like our pricing or turnaround time, we are happy to quote you anyway :icon_wink

Graham Ware

Export Manager

gware@japanparts.com

Don't use the JapanParts Site checkout: PM or email me with a list of the Part numbers you want and I'll quote you "how much and how soon" and apply 10% discount

Sounds good, Graham. I'll send you a PM in a week or two. :)

-Mike-

Graham, thank you for working with us and helping us out. I am curious... Is that discount only for bumper parts or anything on your site?

Sure, why not? The response has been real good from a really friendly crowd

I'll extend our offer to everything on the JapanParts site, until November 30th, to all LegacyGT members

Don't order through our Site; PM me or email for a quote

I'll need to know the Zip Code of the delivery address and list of JapanParts part numbers required to quote

Graham Ware

Export Manager

gware@japanparts.com

i thought the discount ran through the end of this year:confused:

Sure, why not? The response has been real good from a really friendly crowd

I'll extend our offer to everything on the JapanParts site, until November 30th, to all LegacyGT members

Don't order through our Site; PM me or email for a quote

I'll need to know the Zip Code of the delivery address and list of JapanParts part numbers required to quote

Graham Ware

Export Manager

gware@japanparts.com

I believe his initial discount was for just bumper parts and that was till the end of the year. I think he changed it for any items, but discount for less duration.

Discount applies to everything on the JapanParts site until 30th November '06; I'll review the exchange rate then and might extend that for LegacyGT members

Our next 48 States shipment leaves for Long Beach 1st week of November

Graham Ware

Export Manager

Graham can you put togethor a package of whats needed to do the conversion and post the parts list here so we can all see what is needed?

-Thx

If you follow this thread from the beginning, you'll see that links have already been posted and AK has already commented on his Spec B install.....

Don't be shy to ask questions; but suggest you read the original thread and followup postings

Graham Ware

Export Manager

Since 1996

You are correct, under engine covers don't fit perfect.

Bump for pics. Could you take few pics of the car's underbody to see how the bumper fits with the USDM underbody covers? Thanks.

Archived