LegacyGT.com

JDM bumper conv. count

panamajack

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://www.japanparts.com/db/partslist.php?dealer=1&car=6&middlesmall=2%3A11&maker=&volkey=107-024

The JDM COVER FRONT BUMPER listed in the link above what is this and is it needed? -Thx

That's a (color matched ) Tow Hook cover in the JDM Bumper; its a seperate Part to the Bumper itself

Part is labelled (-016) in this diagram

http://www.japanparts.com/images/ImageFromDB.php?base=1&no=560

You need it ( or don't need it ) depending on whether you want this ( or not )

It's not a structural Part ( ie your Bumper won't fall off without it )

Graham Ware

Export Manager

Bump for pics. Could you take few pics of the car's underbody to see how the bumper fits with the USDM underbody covers? Thanks.

Just got the first snow of the season today... give me a few days and I will get under there (in a dry garage).

I will probably buy a sheet of heavy duty plastic and custom make covers to fit and attach on the bumper. When I do I will post measurements and how to (probably 1-2weeks out).

That's a (color matched ) Tow Hook cover in the JDM Bumper; its a seperate Part to the Bumper itself

Part is labelled (-016) in this diagram

http://www.japanparts.com/images/Ima...?base=1&no=560

You need it ( or don't need it ) depending on whether you want this ( or not )

It's not a structural Part ( ie your Bumper won't fall off without it )

ok.... well is there going to be a ugly hole in the front of the bumper without it? The diagram is not all that helpfull and please excuse me for all the questions but I want to make sure I know exactly what I need/want before I spend 1000-1500 on parts I don't think this is too much to ask.

If I order from JapanParts will the bumper need to be repainted? Another vendor suggested theirs might need to be. Just curious so I can add painting to the final cost. -Thx

ok.... well is there going to be a ugly hole in the front of the bumper without it? The diagram is not all that helpfull and please excuse me for all the questions but I want to make sure I know exactly what I need/want before I spend 1000-1500 on parts I don't think this is too much to ask.

If I order from JapanParts will the bumper need to be repainted? Another vendor suggested theirs might need to be. Just curious so I can add painting to the final cost. -Thx

If you look closely at the inside front left of the pictures I posted you can see the hole.

Everyone who has looked at my car hasn't noticed it but... it is a black car.

My old bumper was damaged so I cut a piece off of it and I will be cutting it to fit this hole (same color). I will post before and after pics at the end of the weekend.

If you have one of the colors that is also sold in Japan, you'll be fine. If you have a different color (Titanium Silver Metallic, etc.), then you will have to get it repainted.

Some colors from JapanParts' web site;

Available color: Silver/#39D, Black/#32J, Gray metallic/#45A, Gray Met./#38J, White Pearl/#36J, White/38D, Red/#33J, Yellow/#47S, Dark blue/#35J, Bright blue/#33A, WR blue/42C.

-Mike-

The (Spec B + 2,0i ) Bumpers are supplied Painted, in the Colors/Color codes below

We pack well enough you won't need to repaint; you WILL have to be extra careful fitting a pre-painted panel tho', not to damage the Paint ( ! )

Tow hook cover; as AK has posted; no-one has even noticed his car doesn't have this. I've left this as an option if anyone wants to add that to the Bumper face

Graham Ware

Export Manager

gware@japanparts.com

If you have one of the colors that is also sold in Japan, you'll be fine. If you have a different color (Titanium Silver Metallic, etc.), then you will have to get it repainted.

Some colors from JapanParts' web site;

Available color: Silver/#39D, Black/#32J, Gray metallic/#45A, Gray Met./#38J, White Pearl/#36J, White/38D, Red/#33J, Yellow/#47S, Dark blue/#35J, Bright blue/#33A, WR blue/42C.

-Mike-

The (Spec B + 2,0i ) Bumpers are supplied Painted, in the Colors/Color codes below

We pack well enough you won't need to repaint; you WILL have to be extra careful fitting a pre-painted panel tho', not to damage the Paint ( ! )

Tow hook cover; as AK has posted; no-one has even noticed his car doesn't have this. I've left this as an option if anyone wants to add that to the Bumper face

Graham Ware

Export Manager

gware@japanparts.com

If I was buying mine new from Japanparts I would probably buy the tow hook cover.

The only reason I did not get this was because I purchased my bumper off of Japan Yahoo in my color at a smoking deal and was able to get in on a container of a buddy moving back from Okinawa.

As I mentioned I am going to be making a tow hook cover by cutting up my old bumper.

Basically I wanted to see how cheap I could do it for:icon_bigg

Snow hasn't stopped and my garage is pretty wet to be climbing around on the ground... it is going to be a few more days before pics are available (supposed to be dry from Tuesday-Friday).

Sorry for the delay... pics up soon.

people with aftermarket FMIC wont be able to fit the spec B bumper

unless they get new piping and thinner core...

How so? FMIC or piping does not extend into the bumper I hope...

You can still bolt the USM bumper back on, you just trim the left and right side but do not impact any of the mounting area.

In regards to the FMIC the JDM bumper is very low profile (even more so in person)... I will post a picture (of the actual profile) so you can see what I'm talking about this evening.

I won't say it can't be done but it would be tight.

Any chance for underbody pics to see the gaps in the under engine cover??

AND IT LOOKS SOOOO MUUUUCH BETTER!!! Gorgeous. :wub:

I'll get the car cleaned up this weekend and fix the side lower engine covers. I will take before, during and after pics and post late Sunday or Monday Morning.

Archived