LegacyGT.com

JDM bumper conv. count

panamajack

I DID IT FINALLY!!!!!:spin:

After months of searching and waiting, I finally transformed my USDM Legacy into a JDM Legacy (except clearing the corners). For those who are still guessing whether hacking is possible. All I can say is, IT IS POSSIBLE. :icon_twis Both my JDM SpecB front end, and JDM rear bumper are used, and they came with nothing -- no beam, no undertray, no bolts. I paid $900 Cdn including shipping/taxes for the F/R bumpers, then paid another $500 for repainting/instaling. The shop that I go to has tons of experience converting USDM to JDM (not the Legacy, but Civic and Integra) so it wasn't an issue to them. What they did to make them fit was to cut the beam in half, trimmed the undertray, and reuse all the USDM bolts. For the fog lights, they just custom made two brackets to hold the USDM fog lights. Everything is perfectly installed and secured like it just rolled off from a Subaru plant in Japan.:icon_wink

Hope more people on this board can convert their USDM to JDM.:icon_mrgr

You just made my day. You have PM.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After months of searching and waiting, I finally transformed my USDM Legacy into a JDM Legacy (except clearing the corners). For those who are still guessing whether hacking is possible. All I can say is, IT IS POSSIBLE. :icon_twis Both my JDM SpecB front end, and JDM rear bumper are used, and they came with nothing -- no beam, no undertray, no bolts. I paid $900 Cdn including shipping/taxes for the F/R bumpers, then paid another $500 for repainting/instaling. The shop that I go to has tons of experience converting USDM to JDM (not the Legacy, but Civic and Integra) so it wasn't an issue to them. What they did to make them fit was to cut the beam in half, trimmed the undertray, and reuse all the USDM bolts. For the fog lights, they just custom made two brackets to hold the USDM fog lights. Everything is perfectly installed and secured like it just rolled off from a Subaru plant in Japan.:icon_wink

Looks like you live in richmond hill?

thats just sick...

i would love to do that to my GRP..

prices for the whole set up?

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!! :icon_wink I'll post more pics once I finished this big audit job of a Honda dealership. (too bad this client isn't a Subaru dealership; otherwise, I'll let all you guys know their actual costs of the Legacy so that anyone here wants to get one in the future will know how to beat the sales rep.:lol: ) just kidding.

I'm going to order them from JDMPlace as soon as they get back to my email.

That black car looks sick. I won't get my on the car till spring, I'm gonna wait for the snow to pass.

Just gave them a deposit for a JDM rear bumper (I'll do the front later). Our stuff may be in the same container :wub:

Ditto on the snow thing.

Just gave them a deposit for a JDM rear bumper (I'll do the front later). Our stuff may be in the same container :wub:

Ditto on the snow thing.

I'm leaving a deposit next week when I get back from vacation. I would think our stuff should be coming together.

Super JDM part out: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65039

PM me an offer!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!! :icon_wink I'll post more pics once I finished this big audit job of a Honda dealership. (too bad this client isn't a Subaru dealership; otherwise, I'll let all you guys know their actual costs of the Legacy so that anyone here wants to get one in the future will know how to beat the sales rep.:lol: ) just kidding.

What did you do with your old bumpers???......Thinking

If you can afford College, you probably don't need to go.

Well, I was smart enough to find a parking blick that had rebar sticking up and killed my '05 bumper. So I'm thinking or putting a JDM bumper back on. My questions since I haven't researched this much since I wasn't thinking of doing this untill much later, what is all needed to do the swap and how do I order all of the required parts? I don't know of a good shop that has done stuff like this before, so I think I am going to have to figure it out on my own.

________

Chevrolet Cheyenne Specifications

Good excuse!:lol: I did something similar so that my wife wouldn't say anything.:lol: You can get JDM SpecB bumpers from www.japanparts.com or www.avoturboworld.com if you want brand new bumpers. I order mine used from www.jdmplace.com in Toronto. I would recommend you to get used bumpers because you can save $$$$.

Good luck on your search!:icon_wink

I'm leaving a deposit next week when I get back from vacation. I would think our stuff should be coming together.

Just got this back from them:

"the shipment is going to be put together next week and one we order

everything it'll be shipped out from Japan."

So now, we just have 1 month and 3 weeks to wait for it to get there from Japan. Probably another week to get from Canada to us.

2 more months, I'm so excited. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
man, that looks awesome! did you do the work? did you reuse the stock parts (beam, tray, etc.) or buy the right jdm parts?

I did the work myself and used the stock parts. Dump the foam piece and cut the beam along the edge of the head light on either side. (Use a saw/zaw)

Biggest challenge were the fog lamps but I used some heavy aluminum strips to fashion brackets (no need to drill into the bumper). Not that difficult.

Total time from dismantle to complete install was 4 hours.

Archived