• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like you did a *real good job* :icon_cool

Bet that will get some L=O=O=K=S!!

Graham Ware

Export Manager

• 1 month later...
Here are some pics of my recent jdm spec b bumper install. The install took longer than it should have because I didn't have the proper tools available and had to wait for a few friends to bring the tools over. I ordered the complete front bumper set from japanparts.com and used almost everything except the jdm BRACKET BUMPER FRONT LOWER, jdm ENERGY ABSORBER LOWER, jdm COVER INTAKE, and jdm BRACKET FRONT BUMPER CORNER. The stock front bumper corner brackets that support the headlights were fine and I didn't see a reason why I would need the jdm ones. The other parts I didn't feel that I needed to use. As everyone who has done the install knows, the stock foglights will not fit in the new bumper so you either have to get the jdm foglights or be creative and figure a way to make the stock foglights fit. I used a combination of metal wires and zip ties to make the foglights fit. You'll see them in the picture below. In those pictures you'll see that I'm still using the stock grill which doesn't fit with the jdm bumper. There's a noticable gap between the grill and the bumper. The install is a fairly easy do it yourself.

186291904_Picture014.thumb.jpg.76ffd4c60cd47f2de9b4f8b466091774.jpg

1862198661_Picture011.thumb.jpg.2a45de291a3b96e60b734a01a9174b7b.jpg

153512552_Picture012.thumb.jpg.e263de1c539faa18edac94842ad2ed9f.jpg

805223972_Picture003.thumb.jpg.f513f605a6f8d91de0be0a54d113392e.jpg

2037558890_Picture002.thumb.jpg.07085d18f77adf01e190c24033ea583b.jpg

1712428615_Picture001.thumb.jpg.018cbfb650d71c5829b5cc9379b2c391.jpg

I DID IT FINALLY!!!!!:spin:

After months of searching and waiting, I finally transformed my USDM Legacy into a JDM Legacy (except clearing the corners). For those who are still guessing whether hacking is possible. All I can say is, IT IS POSSIBLE. :icon_twis Both my JDM SpecB front end, and JDM rear bumper are used, and they came with nothing -- no beam, no undertray, no bolts. I paid $900 Cdn including shipping/taxes for the F/R bumpers, then paid another $500 for repainting/instaling. The shop that I go to has tons of experience converting USDM to JDM (not the Legacy, but Civic and Integra) so it wasn't an issue to them. What they did to make them fit was to cut the beam in half, trimmed the undertray, and reuse all the USDM bolts. For the fog lights, they just custom made two brackets to hold the USDM fog lights. Everything is perfectly installed and secured like it just rolled off from a Subaru plant in Japan.:icon_wink

Hope more people on this board can convert their USDM to JDM.:icon_mrgr

I have got to tell you that your car is one of the sickest legacy's I have ever seen. Well done.

Haven't touched the engine yet, but will go stage II when winter ends. My piggy bank is already empty because of the exterior mods. ;-)

Yeh, I would say so. I did the exact opposite. I have purchased a Bosal UP, Cobb Catted DP, and AP V 2.0. I have a stereo system sitting in my living room (gonna install in January). So, yeh I feel ya on the piggy bank being empty....

So you just got the AP V2.0. Must be really fun with those extra new features;-) My plan is to get AP V2.0 w/TDC StgII map, Cobb up pipe, Cobb catted DP. Can't wait for my tax refund!

I hear that! Tax refunds FTW!

I ordered the AP V2.0 on Dec 13th. I haven't rec'd it yet because it has to be shipped to TDC first. I bought a slightly used Cobb Catted DP that is sitting at someone's garage as I type :-), and I have a Bosal UP in transit from Mann Engineering. Finally, on Jan 20th I am getting mine pro-tuned by Jon @ TDC when they come down for a Dyno Day in Gaithersburg, MD. My goal is to dyno 250 whp. The next mod probably won't be till the spring/summer. I am probably gonna go with some rotas or enkei 18's, nice tires, Cobb Sport springs, and cusco f/r sways.

Yeah, the paint was a perfect match. I was a little afraid before it came that it wouldn't match but that wasn't the case at all.

Kiem,

congratulations on a fine install! I've quoted you for the Grille today with a LegacyGT discount; we are back January 5th so will deal with that as soon as I'm back at my desk

Thanks for ordering that set from us and I'm sure you'll get a lot of looks with that setup

Very best for the New Year break; drive safe and take care in 2007!:icon_mrgr

Graham Ware

Export Manager

So you just got the AP V2.0. Must be really fun with those extra new features;-) My plan is to get AP V2.0 w/TDC StgII map, Cobb up pipe, Cobb catted DP. Can't wait for my tax refund!

Your car looks awesome man, I think I saw you the other day on brimley going north and you turned left onto Lawrence (I was in a grey civic). I should be getting my LGT very soon and im a vendor on TSC. I can't wait to start modding my LGT although I think ill probably end up just doing the front grille unless I get a really good deal on the bumpers etc.

what lip spoiler do you have on the trunk?

Your car looks awesome man, I think I saw you the other day on brimley going north and you turned left onto Lawrence (I was in a grey civic). I should be getting my LGT very soon and im a vendor on TSC. I can't wait to start modding my LGT although I think ill probably end up just doing the front grille unless I get a really good deal on the bumpers etc.

what lip spoiler do you have on the trunk?

Thank you!:icon_wink The lip spoiler that I have is Liberal lip spoiler ordered from www.hkc-speed.com It costs $300 Cdn shipped including taxes/duties, but was unpainted. I once was a Blue Civic SiR owner too before switching to the Legacy. Hope you get your LGT soon and start modding it and then smoke some Bimmers and Audis.:lol: If you do get your LGT, I do have a mesh front grill which fit the USDM bumper that I want to sell for $200 Cdn. Why did I have an extra one? Well, long story...... But if you do want it, let me know.

BTW, I haven't been to the Brimley/Lawrence area for years. I think you must have seen another one similiar to mine or.........:iam: Anyway, Happy New Year man!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I just found this thread and omg! Quick question tho - when you install the bumper and go through the route where you hack the bumper beam - are there any safety implications? (i.e. airbags / frontal impact etc.)?

And muscle - where did you get in done? I'm from markham too - and I'm looking into the conversion :D

Archived