LegacyGT.com

2nd Edition Bosal Catback Review...

edmundu

Well, I was one of the 1st to have the then Bosal/SPT catback exhaust, and as you all know it had a bad left muffler.

Thursday, I got a phone call from Mike@BosalUsa, saying that my replacement mufflers had come in!!:woowoo: So yesterday I got over to their headquarter's, met Mike ( really nice guy) & staff, and picked up my new muffler's. He also was very kind and threw in some T-shirts, and a tootsie pop for my 19mth old:lol: .

I installed them last night, and 1st thing I noticed, they are indeed much better finished! The welds much cleaner, the hanger's aligned the cans better making it more asthetically pleasing! They were easy to get lined up correctly, although doing things a second time around usually makes it easier. One thing I did notice, the etched "SPT" logo is gone, obviously.

I then fired her up, and....... no whistling:icon_mrgr ! I then went off to warm up the car, and then find a quiet parking lot to take some video:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD2fOef1lSs]YouTube - Bosal Exhaust[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_BJ3dLTOfA]YouTube - Bosal LGT Exhaust[/ame]

Note: After removing the original cans, I indeed had not only a bad left can, but the right one as well. They both had the telltale carbon trail at the bottom rear of each can, at the crimp.

I like these alot, and recommend them to all who want a reasonable noise level performance exhaust.

Mike also made mention that he is feverishly filling all warranty claims 1st!, Then he will market the full exhaust once they have been completed. So for the rest of you guys waiting for your cans, they should be there soon!

UPDATE: Added Pics! The pics don't show how much nicer the weld really are! I guess the shiny reflections don't help... But having them side by side with the originals it was obvious!

sm_left_5992.thumb.JPG.56b3d08d84bc4242d2c604f8dc4cbcc6.JPG

sm_right_5993.thumb.JPG.fcb5d13688afb9ce951f535f3c664297.JPG

100_5997.JPG.05da5b8c969f011136c321cea8d505b0.JPG

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looks like we will get the bosal cheaper without the SPT logo.

I wish there were not so many whiners around here.

To bad a few retards ruined it for everone.

I guess the average lgt owner these days also wears diapers.

your right heights 2 plus 2 is four.

Yes bosal will sell their new system without Subaru. It will prohably cost less without another hand to pass through.

It is realy a shame that a few whiners ruin it for everyone else.

Mike is a quality person and is doing just what he told everyone he would do.

A man of his words. We all need to give him a high five for taking care of this and taking care of an issue most companies would have blown off.

The system sounds better then any other out there.

And if you would have just delt with this issue instead of dogging bosal and Mike the new 07 spec B would have had this system.

So look who loses out.

A bunch of losers

...Mike is a quality person and is doing just what he told everyone he would do.

A man of his words. We all need to give him a high five for taking care of this and taking care of an issue most companies would have blown off....

You said it! Mike has completely stood behind his product, and was willing to do whatever it takes to make things right! And he did by me, and will do so for the rest of the owner's that have been stuck by SOA, because, they have never stepped up and offered to refund my money, nor replace my muffler's....So much for that 1yr warranty....

Guest *Jedimaster*
bottem line is Bosal has made good quality products for a long time. One mistake does not ruin them

Mike is de man

Wipe yo chin :lol:

Things are looking much better, any idea how much the new version is going to cost us and when they will be avalible for purchase for the rest of us?

I'm only a customer, Mike would have better info on that. But I would assume, it would be slightly cheaper than the SPT version, being that there is one less hand in the cookie jar...

I know Mike will fill all outstanding issues/backorder's 1st! Then it'll be released, he didn't make mention on timeframe.

your right heights 2 plus 2 is four.

Yes bosal will sell their new system without Subaru. It will prohably cost less without another hand to pass through.

It is realy a shame that a few whiners ruin it for everyone else.

Mike is a quality person and is doing just what he told everyone he would do.

A man of his words. We all need to give him a high five for taking care of this and taking care of an issue most companies would have blown off.

The system sounds better then any other out there.

And if you would have just delt with this issue instead of dogging bosal and Mike the new 07 spec B would have had this system.

So look who loses out.

A bunch of losers

You/\ sir are an idiot. Why do you think Edmund started this thread?Because he had a defective product!

And yes I have spoken with Mike on the phone and he is a nice guy blah blah blah BUT they had an inferior product and we consumers the guys you called "losers" and Subaru wouldn't accept it.

So it was back to the drawing board fr Bosal and hopefully they got it right this time.

You/\ sir are an idiot. Why do you think Edmund started this thread?Because he had a defective product!

And yes I have spoken with Mike on the phone and he is a nice guy blah blah blah BUT they had an inferior product and we consumers the guys you called "losers" and Subaru wouldn't accept it.

So it was back to the drawing board fr Bosal and hopefully they got it right this time.

I agree completely, though I have not spoken to Mike, nor anyone else at Bosal.

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

I wish there were not so many whiners around here.

To bad a few retards ruined it for everone.

your insights are amazing. you're right. what a bunch of babies whining about buying a brand new product for about $800 bucks that spent 1.5 years in development and only failed about 75% of the time straight out of the box.

I mean these babies need to adjust their lofty expectations. I guess they were spoiled brats coming from completely trustworthy catbacks made by GReddy, Borla, Cobb, Stromung, and all those other shady fabricators.

I think it's interesting that Bosal would even attempt to market this system.

They were basically given all the R&D from Subaru to design an exhaust system that fit like factory, had factory like quality and a performance tone. Then, IMHO they purposely release a sub-quality exhaust with the SPT name on it that is horribly received by the Legacy aftermarket because of its questionable quality.

So Subaru halts sales of the exhaust until they can ensure the quality that they are expecting. Bosal is uncooperative and then Subaru cancels the contract and now Bosal has supposedly "fixed" the quality issues and is going to release the exhaust under it's own name?

S.O.A. should sue Bosal for releasing such crap in the first place that has now damaged S.O.A. and SPT's brand image, and for using Subaru's own R&D fitment to produce an unlicensed product.

I think it's interesting that Bosal would even attempt to market this system.

While your hypothesis could certainly prove to be true, SPT isn't batting a thousand with the LGT as of late.

ignore him, he'll go away.

Archived