LegacyGT.com

2nd Edition Bosal Catback Review...

edmundu

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have to agree, the whole SPT LGT thing is really disappointing. I too have had other SPT parts for my Outback without the slightest problem. So to have sooo many concerns with the LGT SPT parts is really suprising. However,on the bright side, it is nice to know other companies are picking up the slack for SOA like; Cobb, Greddy, AVO, and Cusco. Oh well, live and learn.

If you can afford College, you probably don't need to go.

Mike from bosal called today saying my mufflers should be in tomorrow or the next day. Seems like some decent folk out there trying to get things right.

atleast the 25-30 of us that have this system are not completely shafted

I'll give a full report once i get to install them (friday i hope)

chris

I put mine on two days ago. The installer said they were good looking, solid cans.

The sound is incredible. Remenber Subaru worked with Bosal to perfect the sound and power. I know Bosal made a bobo but they have a killer recovery.

Way to make up for the first round with the super kind replacement.

Almost wants to make me keep the 05 auto but then again I just keep thinking 6 speed

for those of you who had the time to install the updated cans, is the fitment the same ie. tip location in the cut outs

mine are on my porch as we speak... what are the specific revisions besides the obvious non-leaky left can?

+1 to bosal for the great customer service

for those of you who had the time to install the updated cans, is the fitment the same ie. tip location in the cut outs

mine are on my porch as we speak... what are the specific revisions besides the obvious non-leaky left can?

+1 to bosal for the great customer service

I noticed that the welds were cleaner, the muffler hanger's were more finished, and the tips seemed better fitted(to the muffler body). They went in easy, and didn't give me any trouble aligning them.

They look identical visually once installed, save for the missing "SPT" on the tips.

• 1 month later...

Well, my driver's side Bosal replacement muffler (without the "SPT" logo) has bit the dust. A leak has developed (or was there initially) right behind the exhaust tip on the muffler can (where the rolled edge is). In addition to the leak, in the past week or so it started to chirp/whistle quite prominently.

Dave will (hopefully) be trying to get me a replacement. I'm already on my second (full) system, and the second set of mufflers for this second system. *sigh* ;)

-Mike-

Archived