LegacyGT.com

The eagle has landed: The final boatload of 9-2x'es has arrived in USA

gt_ltd

The final shipment of 9-2x'es from FHI in Japan arrived at the California port a couple of days ago; no more 9-2x'es will ever be produced. I'd expect that within a few weeks, the supply at the port will diminish as the final cars are allocated to dealers.

This means if you are thinking about buying a new 2006 9-2x, the time to call your dealer and have them start searching for a car is now. Once the remaining ones in your region are gone, they are gone for good.

The Saab 9-2x will not return for the 2007 model year, as expected.

This Space For Rent

I almost jumped on one of these in month 2 of employee pricing last year. I would have, except that by the time I got wind of this car, they were basically all gone. Only automatics were left. :(

They were going for a crazy deal. Thousands less than a WRX wagon. It was either a $6000 or $8000 rebate IN ADDITION to the employee price.

I don't remember exactly but it was a pretty amazing deal.

Hello consumer. And I say unto you, please use exact change.

This is my shark.

Oh wait! What a great idea! My sister might need to buy a car soon. I've been trying to ger her into a subaru, but she refuses. She's not terribly practical .. sort of a label whore. I bet she wouldn't sneeze at this, though, because it's a Saab, not a Subaru. Wouldn't even need to be an aero (boo!). Ahem.

I almost jumped on one of these in month 2 of employee pricing last year. I would have, except that by the time I got wind of this car, they were basically all gone. Only automatics were left. :(

They were going for a crazy deal. Thousands less than a WRX wagon. It was either a $6000 or $8000 rebate IN ADDITION to the employee price.

I don't remember exactly but it was a pretty amazing deal.

I almost bought one for 17200 Aero with the Employee Pricing plus 8K rebates...

Nice car for the price though, but not nice to pay 30K heehehehehehe

Bad move GM/SAAB!!!!

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

I still think a sick car would be a cross between a WRX STI sedan (especially one of the new limited ones with leather and a small lip spoiler) with the 92X front end on it, some aftermarket wheels, and completely debadged except for the few subtle STI logos. Much more stealthy than the huge wings and spoilers on the "regular" WRX STI.

Tune it up to stage two or better, and really screw with people's heads... 'what the hell IS THAT THING!!! It is FREAKIN' FAST!!!'

Or for the extra stealth... keep the 92x's bodystyle, and transplant the WRX STI's engine and drivetrain and some interior bits, and people will be scratching their heads even harder at such a fast wagon.

I am wondering what's the different in insurnace premiums between Saabaru and WRX'es. Lots of kids crash Imprezas and I heard premium for Impreza are high, usually much higher than for LGT.

This is so weird, I've been seeing the 9-2x's around lately, and thought Saab was really copying Subaru to a Lawsuit point. But now it makes sense. Is Subaru making these for Saab, or is it the other way around?:icon_conf

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

I am wondering what's the different in insurnace premiums between Saabaru and WRX'es. Lots of kids crash Imprezas and I heard premium for Impreza are high, usually much higher than for LGT.

In Boston, at least 600 USD more/year for the Saaburu!!!!

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

I have always liked them...the red is HOT. I was orginally going to buy a WRX wagon and Carmax had a 9-2x on the lot but asking way too much IMO. They seem to be holding their resale value...at least while they still make them.

I would think their resale will DIVE when they aren't on the lot new anymore?

I have always liked them...the red is HOT. I was orginally going to buy a WRX wagon and Carmax had a 9-2x on the lot but asking way too much IMO. They seem to be holding their resale value...at least while they still make them.

I would think their resale will DIVE when they aren't on the lot new anymore?

A question to be seen...

I really think their resale values dumped already, as any other SAAB but may be my impression only...

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Anyone know if they come with the 4EAT or the 5EAT? I would presume 4EAT as that's what the WRX autobox comes with.

Might pick up a 9-2X aero wagon for the wife and forego the Tribeca if we can find the right one, in the right color.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Anyone know if they come with the 4EAT or the 5EAT? I would presume 4EAT as that's what the WRX autobox comes with.

Might pick up a 9-2X aero wagon for the wife and forego the Tribeca if we can find the right one, in the right color.

SBT

Wait a little more, cause they are coming with the Employee Pricing for everyone I believe....

And also I have the Partner Discount Program, and I could assign you a ticket number, not too helpful, but can save you some extra bucks!!!

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Wait a little more, cause they are coming with the Employee Pricing for everyone I believe....

And also I have the Partner Discount Program, and I could assign you a ticket number, not too helpful, but can save you some extra bucks!!!

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Thanks Flavio. I'll definitely consider that. What effect does the PDP have on the

price?

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Archived