LegacyGT.com

How do you make a LGT "tossible" like a WRX?

spacejunkiehsv

Do any of you suspension guys know how to make a Legacy GT feel a little more tossible, like my old WRX felt. My WRX was completely stock. I liked how soft it rode, and I loved how easy it was to toss side to side. I'm hoping it wasn't just because of a combination of the quick steering ratio and low weight.

The LGT is a bit bigger of a car, thats hard to overcome. I would say get some sway bars and some stiffer springs and struts and you will be able to toss it around more. But the sense you got when tossing the WRX around will not be the same since it was a smaller car. I can get the back end out easy on my lgt, but I just feel the size and weight more.

The LGT is a bit bigger of a car, thats hard to overcome. I would say get some sway bars and some stiffer springs and struts and you will be able to toss it around more. But the sense you got when tossing the WRX around will not be the same since it was a smaller car. I can get the back end out easy on my lgt, but I just feel the size and weight more.

ditto

never had a problem with the car.. but if you want, just get stiffer suspension.. the car has a longer wheel base and even a wider track I believe than the WRX, so it's more firmly planted.. but this can be easily over come with stiffer coilovers and sticky tires.
Keefe

My old Impreza OB Sport was very tossable compared to my LGT. The problem with the LGT's is overcoming the understeer of the stock supension. My Cusco F & R Sway bars alone mostly took care of that problem. I get my STI pink springs on this Thursday, so I'm sure that will also help considerably. I also have a Cusco Front Tower Strut bar installed as well.

As mentioned above though, the Legacy is a bigger car and it's got a lot more weight behind it. It' s just not going to handle like a brick with 300 HP, (like the STI WRX's).

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

A good set of springs will definitely help.

I have iON springs, and they definitely make the car much more responsive, especially combined with some performance rubber.

My $0.02.

Morgan

+1

Same here, big difference. Im sure its still not wrxish but much better.

I felt the same way when I traded my '04 WRX wagon for a '05 legacy GT 5mt wagon. I added F&R sway bars and it's much better then my WRX and still have a smooth ride. I also add 19".
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Defintiely can get a lot more out of the car with simply adding front and rear swaybars. Great first step, then add springs if you want even more.

- Andrew

+10000

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

Megan Racing header with UP (ceramic coated)

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

• 4 weeks later...

Archived