LegacyGT.com

Official Tri-State Spotted Thread

mlrtime

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"pacing" is a legit thing. It'll hold up in court.

Just go to court & plead not guilty. You'll get no points but still have to pay the fine.

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Guest Gitster
"pacing" is a legit thing. It'll hold up in court.

Just go to court & plead not guilty. You'll get no points but still have to pay the fine.

I was describing UM's predicament. We both have CT licenses btw, no point system, but it can affect insurance thats for sure.

pacing? you mean when the cop stays behind you and keeps up with your pace making you go a bit faster and then he goes faster? If that is it, then yes they do it all the time around here in albany too. VERY annoying since it seems very much like entrapment.

2008 6mt Legacy Gt Spec B DGM - Not so Stock/Work in progress

2006 5mt Legacy Gt OBP - Sold

2005 5eat Legacy Gt OBP - RIP

R.I.P Coxx

Guest Gitster
pacing? you mean when the cop stays behind you and keeps up with your pace making you go a bit faster and then he goes faster? If that is it, then yes they do it all the time around here in albany too. VERY annoying since it seems very much like entrapment.

No Unstable described it as he came outta no where. But the officer said he was pacing him. Thats why its bs, not because he coulda been pacing him, he wasnt.

No, that's not pacing.

Say you're on the main rd or express lanes & the cop is on the local lanes or service rd. They can keep pace with you from there to tell how fast you're going.

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Yes sir! I got's me a parking ticket, i pleaded down the speeding to a parking on pavement... SO good.. OH saw a Royal Blue LGT wagon going up washington ave. I also saw a white 2.5i heading to the athens court house rt 28.

R.I.P Coxx

BJ's.... Nah um since it was my first speeding ticket, i brought in my driving record that i just received from my insurance company, showed it to the District Attorney and was incredibly polite and soft spoken, the guy was like well how does a parking ticket sound? I was like...YES, even told him i loved him.....eh-hem... ANYWAY yeah it worked out to be 100 dollars. Just bring your driving record it seems to work very well.

R.I.P Coxx

Dude i was surprised though, alot of people were getting like 200+ dollar fines. So i am thinking it might have helped. Or was it the wink i gave him... Either way yeah its still nice. So wait Robe you don't own a lgt anymore?

R.I.P Coxx

Upsate is like that, reason being is that if they do a minor offense, then the money stays in the county/city. Speeding ticket money goes to the state.

I had to speeding tickets in the suburbs of Buffalo once in the same week, and both got lowered to minor tickets. It was still $75 per ticket!

X

---

well as long as its an awesome price...!

Yeah upstate is a little more laid back too, they take into account your record and don't try to give you the fine right away.

R.I.P Coxx

Guest Gitster
Spotted a Black GT sedan at Hooters in Milford CT last night, we thought you were coming for our meet, so I waved you in, but you kept driving by oblivious :lol: