LegacyGT.com

Another hack! Now KEYLESS REMOTE unlocks ALL DOORS at once!

centerpunch

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bump. A couple of us have asked about '08's for this mod because apparently the wires are colored differently.

Any successful '08 mods? Share the details if it worked for you - Thanks!

You know why they only open one door on the first push. Its a security feature. so if some one is in a danderous setting the drivers door only unlocks, keeping the other doors locked prevents from someone else getting into the car from another door. But kool thread i hate pushing the button too.

I suppose the truly geekly could install a SPDT switch, mount it in the dash

somewhere and have a "scary place" option !

• 1 month later...
bump. A couple of us have asked about '08's for this mod because apparently the wires are colored differently.

Any successful '08 mods? Share the details if it worked for you - Thanks!

bump

I did this mod. successfully on my '08 Outback. Yes, the wire colors were different. I think I just followed the same wire position within the connector and ignored the color differences. Let me double check on this. I'll post a picture tonight and you can use the picture as a guide.

As a side note, a side effect from this mod. is that the alarm light in the dash stays lit (it flashes) whenever the ignition is off, regardless whether the alarm is activated or not. I have had this mod. for over a year and I'm very happy with it.

pdlpusher - isn't that alarm light flashing normal? It flashes maybe every 5 seconds or so right? That already happens on my 08 Outback.

And thanks for letting us know it worked out.

1520884543_P1010629copy.thumb.jpg.39144d97129d8c3678de116fb83e9031.jpg

1314679089_P1010630copy.thumb.jpg.6444afd41036643e503241f7fc0d81b5.jpg

113576052_P1010636copy.thumb.jpg.ffc3d8448c1f249e43a40dc48ffb303b.jpg

See the attached images. The color of the wires are the same in the '08 and the '05. The only difference is the module the wires are connected is flipped 180 degrees. The '05 photo shows the black connector on the driver side, the '08 shows the same connector on the passenger side. To gain access to the black connector I had to remove additional panels, which is no big deal. Locate the red wire with the green stripe and cut it in half. Then connect one end of the red-green wire to the lime colored wire. If you have an Outback like I do you may want to have the hatch unlock along with the doors. To do that locate the white-black wire next to the lime wire. Cut the white-black wire and connect one end to the lime wire.

See this post if you have an Outback: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?p=304632#post304632

Prior to the mod, the alarm light in my car never flashes with the ignition off and the alarm OFF. After the mod the light flashes when the ignition is off and the alarm is OFF. The alarm still works fine with this mod.

• 1 year later...

Today, I am the happiest man alive...

Just did this mod to my 2008 LGT Limited, and for the most part the method is the same outlined in the first post.

DISCLAIMER - follow my directions at your own risk, I'm not responsible for your f*ck-ups! :lol:

On the 2008, the grey connector is still off of the steering column, but it's oriented in such a way that the wires you need to access are burried a little further up in the dash; so you'll have to remove the black rubber under panel and also the lower most dash panel. You'll also have to cut some electrical tape and sheathing back a bit to get enough wire for the vampire tap (disconnect your battery before doing this).

Test your wires before cutting anything! My wires were the same colors as noted in the first post, red / green stripe, and a light green.

It's like a dream come true, so happy to have taken the 1/2 hour to get this done!:p

• 1 month later...

Just did this on my '07 Spec.B. I have been wanting to for a long time and finally got around to it.

Maybe I'll have to investigate the signal on the red/grn wire to see if I can use it as an input. One thing my G35 used to do was I could roll down all the windows with the key fob by holding the unlock button. I could use an auto up/down module hooked to all the windows. Not sure, will have to look into it.

Thanks for the writeup.

Today, I am the happiest man alive...

Just did this mod to my 2008 LGT Limited, and for the most part the method is the same outlined in the first post.

DISCLAIMER - follow my directions at your own risk, I'm not responsible for your f*ck-ups! :lol:

On the 2008, the grey connector is still off of the steering column, but it's oriented in such a way that the wires you need to access are burried a little further up in the dash; so you'll have to remove the black rubber under panel and also the lower most dash panel. You'll also have to cut some electrical tape and sheathing back a bit to get enough wire for the vampire tap (disconnect your battery before doing this).

Test your wires before cutting anything! My wires were the same colors as noted in the first post, red / green stripe, and a light green.

It's like a dream come true, so happy to have taken the 1/2 hour to get this done!:p

I see one screw on the right for the lower dash panel but can't see what's holding the other side on. There is a small clip next to a nut (both pretty much behind/inside the hood release lever). You also said you had to take off the soft black rubber (tilt-steering frame) piece as well?

Is it really necessary to disconnect the battery if we have the correct wires? What about disconnecting the harness plug from the computer to free up some working room?

• 4 months later...
So for all of you one-button-press all-doors-unlock skeptics and haters..... what if your wife and kids took the car shopping in a perfectly safe part of town (because crime doesn't care what part of town you're in), when a dangerous criminal starts chasing after your loved ones. Your wife and kids start running for the car, as your wife is fumbling for the keys. She is frightened and trembling and tries to push the button twice, but the kids start yanking on the handles after the first chime of the door locks. The locks jam and the doors don't open like has happened to all of us numerous times, except now your family is left to the will of a madman. All because you didn't want to cut and splice a couple of wires. I'd rather my family get inside the car as quickly as possible and try to get away or press the door lock button once they were all safely inside.

And if your wife is walking alone in a perfectly safe part of town, a sketchy dangerous criminal is following her. She unlocks the car... and both can get in.

This has actually happened to a friend of mine. Had his keyfob unlocked all the doors, someone would have been able to hop into the car with him.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I hope your friends' wife was ok. I'm not trying to be a dick. Old forum habbits die hard. There are situations where this mod would be a benefit and a detriment to everyone on both sides of the fence. I'm a single 27 year old male with a short fuse who wouldn't put up with someone trying to hitch an unwanted ride in my car. I'm sure if I had a family, I would consider your side of the fence a little more...... or I would make sure my wife had her cpl and knew how to use it.

I did this mod yesterday, simply because I was tired of people almost ripping my door handles off trying to get in the car on the first chime of the unlock. It's one of those things that just grinds my gears. Same as how my mother and a few other women I sometimes ride in cars with, can't seem to figure out (when they're driving) that my door has yet been unlocked for several seconds after they're already sitting in the drivers seat.

Just did this on my 06, works great. I just soldered the red wire on to the green one, then put a little black tape around it.

One thing to note: I had disconnected the black plug to work on it. When I plugged it back in, the remote did not work until I turned the car on and off once. Gave me a slight heart-attack there though...

• 2 weeks later...
My wife can't drive a stick so no problem there. I've disabled the chime since I always forget stuff and have to unlock and re-lock the car and its embarrassing to have beep, beep beep, beep, beep beep. Just to snag something you left on your way out of the car. I still need to disable the DTL but that's another story (with safety implications too).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...