LegacyGT.com

Another hack! Now KEYLESS REMOTE unlocks ALL DOORS at once!

centerpunch

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please people! Don't be cutting and splicing wires for this silly 'mod'. The dealer can change this setting in the car's computer. It's in a few other threads and it even says in the owners manual that the dealer can do it.

Don't risk a warranty issue with this!

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Sorry, you are wrong.

According to:

1. The Legacy owner's manual (See pages 26-27), and

2. the service manual (I can send you the pdf if you like...)

there is no way to "program" this mod in the Legacy.

(unlike my previous Audi S4, which did allow this feature to be programmed)

So does someone have a pdf of this "Subaru Select Monitor" document so us mere mortals can have ammunition to go to our always-clueless dealers?

I tell you, between non-documented options like this (believe me, it took many hours to figure out how to make this mod the hard way!), the burnt clutch smell from the car's goofy clutch hydraulics, and the continuous engine stuttering (that the dealer can't feel), I'm thinking another Audi is starting to look pretty attractive......

• 6 months later...

About voiding a warranty, the dealer has to be able to convincingly show that a mod has created a problem to void the warranty. The burden of proof is on them. Just having a mod means nothing. So if your dome lights crap out & the rear hatch release quits working, having modded the door unlock remote has no bearing on the issue & warranty's still in effect for those repairs.

What I want to know is which wire ties to the rear hacth unlock relay, as I'd like to tie that to the door unlock wires too. Why on Earth is this seperate?

• 1 month later...
What I want to know is which wire ties to the rear hatch unlock relay, as I'd like to tie that to the door unlock wires too.

I got off my butt and answered my own question, it's the white with black stripe behind the lite green - http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?p=304632#post304632

Mod works great, just as easy as the first.

• 5 months later...
Have to give it up to centerpunch. Did this mod over the weekend and the hardest part was arching my back under the dash. I enquired about reprogramming at the dealership Saturday morning when I brought the car in for scheduled maintenance and they weren't aware of any procedure. So I drove home and Bob's your uncle.

Oh, and I asked about voiding the warranty. The service manager at the dealer (Subaru of Gwinnett - Atlanta) said the only thing he'd consider as grounds for voiding the warranty is any ECU programming.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Wow, just found this. Have wanted to do this (mainly because I'll think all the doors are open, go back in the garage with a load of stuff, then realize all the doors are locked but one). Heard "the dealer can do it" but have never heard of anyone actually getting the dealer to do it.

Will have to splice away. Kudos for you efforts.

It would be very easy to install a DPST switch instead of the jumper, then you could easily switch from one mode to the other if desired...

why would you want to switch modes?

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

If your wife was taking the car somewhere dodgy, as someone noted above...

I did this mod today, with the switch. It works as advertised, although I must say my back does not flex like it used to! Nice work on the details!

PolarDog