LegacyGT.com

Another hack! Now KEYLESS REMOTE unlocks ALL DOORS at once!

centerpunch

excelent work. your next mission is to figure out how to use the extra wire to roll the windows down.

Om my 2004 pathfinder, if you hold the unlock button in with the doors shut, the front 2 windows will roll down....is this possible on a leggy?

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

excelent work. your next mission is to figure out how to use the extra wire to roll the windows down.

Om my 2004 pathfinder, if you hold the unlock button in with the doors shut, the front 2 windows will roll down....is this possible on a leggy?

I believe that it is. Working on this now...

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
With the right relays, I would imagine you could use that second wire for just about anything (once you confirm its polarity). Im not sure about your cars (I drive an older Leggy), but this has definately sparked some intrest. Im going to experiment with mine & see if I can get the first push to roll up the windows/ sunroof & the secont to lock all doors & vise versa.

Wouldn't all of the wiring for the windows be there...just a matter of ensuring the right "signal" or voltage or whatever, were being sent from the cut red wire that we clipped?

my issue right now is that I am under my car and I'm colorblind, so I am having an issue finding the right wires.

good thing he was so descriptive with location!

......I could just cut them all and then randomly put them back together.........

I'l post my results

lol j/k

ok so now finished. i couldn't tell the exact color of the "red" wire, only that it looked red and was in the right location. The green with yellow stripe was easy enough to find, again verified by location. Works great, me happy. My kiddo nd gf won't gripe at me anymore for getting the timing wrong and not unlocking their doors. THanks for the pictures! This really helps those of us with color issues

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

To unlock the hatch on the wagon follow the instructions on the attached thread. I successfully completed this hack on my '08 OB. There's a minor side effect now and that is the alarm light flashes even when the doors are fully unlocked. In my opinion it's a minor annoyance and a small price to pay for the convenience of a single-click unlock. Also, on my '08 OB the module is mounted differently than the pictures shown on the first post by Centerpunch. The wires to be cut are on the side closest to the steering wheel. As a result I had to remove the lower dash panel just below the steering wheel to gain access to the wires. Good luck.

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19389&highlight=unlocks

• 1 month later...

Has anyone tried this on an 08 Legacy? I pulled the panel off today and it looks like the wiring color codes are different. On the connector specified int he instructions, there are no red wires with a green stripe or light green wires. Has anyone else run into this?

Jeff

as for the 2nd press, I did a write up on Nasioc a few years back, same mod essentially on my '05 impreza, sounds like same wiring from reading.

The polarity IIRC was a ground signal. I used a relay to pop my trunk... ordered a cheap magnetic pull from e-bay.

I have hated the damn two press unlock since I got my '08, probably will get the nerve to get under there this summer.

I am ineterested in the window rolldown.... keep us updated on the parts you get and where you get them...

• 1 month later...
Anyone else try this successfully on an '08 Legacy or '08 OB? I was about to do this mod today but Jeffh's post above gives me pause (he says the wiring color codes are different - true??). I don't want to waste time taking a panel off in the cold.

DISCLAIMER: No guarantees, but it worked for me. If your car explodes, that's your problem!

I have always HATED pushing the remote button twice to unlock the car. I hated it on my Audi S4, and I hated it on my STi, and now I hate it on my GT.

So, I downloaded the appropriate pages of the Legacy manual, and figured out how to fix this problem.

There are two wires out of the control system. One wire sends a signal to unlock the driver's door when the button is pushed. Then if you push the button again (with the right timing, which I always get wrong), a different wire sends a signal to the other 3 doors.

This mod cuts the second wire, and connects it to the first, so when you press the remote button the first time, it unlocks all four doors.

THERE IS A PHOTO INCLUDED IN THIS POSTING. YOU MUST REGISTER AT THIS SITE TO VIEW THE PHOTO. PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS MODIFICATION WITHOUT REVIEWING THE PHOTO.

1) Remove the panel under the dash on the driver's side. (1 pushpin, and 2 of those plastic pins with the philips-head 1/4 turn screw)

2) The OBDII diagnostic connector is snapped into this panel. Release it with a screwdriver so you can get this panel out of your way.

3) Put your back on the doorsill, and poke your head under the dashboard. You will see a black box under the steering column that has 3 electrical connectors plugged into it.

4) On the connector that is closest to the front of the car, examine the two wires that are on the very end. The top wire is red with a green stripe, and the wire under it is light green.

5) Cut the top wire (red with a green stripe).

6) Do NOT cut the light green wire.

7) Get one of those connectors that lets you tap on wire into another, then connect the LONG PART of the red-wire-with-a-green-stripe (the part thats coming from the wiring harness) to the light green wire.

http://www.happcontrols.com/electrical_supplies/43082400.htm

8) There will be a short section of the red-wire-with-a-green-stripe that is left sticking out of the gray connector. Do not hook this to anything. Insulate the end with electrical tape.

9) Voila! It works!

You know why they only open one door on the first push. Its a security feature. so if some one is in a danderous setting the drivers door only unlocks, keeping the other doors locked prevents from someone else getting into the car from another door. But kool thread i hate pushing the button too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Got it fixed. Read your instructions wrong first and hooked it up to the part coming from the connector. Well, that blew a fuse. Replaced fuse and wired it up according to instructions. Working great so far. Thanks. However, it doesn't unlock the tail on the wagon, which is odd because before if you pressed it twice it would. Oh well, I have another button for that. Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi there, I checked on my '08 LGT 5 speed, and the wires were different colors... So is it the same wire in the same place, just a different color; or the same colors, but in different places? Any one with an '08 LGT tried it yet.

Thanks, Albatross.

• 1 month later...