LegacyGT.com

Put 2007 stereo in 2005 Legacy GT?

Mindflayer

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hmm for some reason it didnt post up both of them. the 400 is jsut for the bessel, the radio itself was about 900...

86203AG65A

86213AG65A

those were the part numbers

the 203 one showed up for me before, now it is saying it is not found.

some people like factory fit and finish, they also like ease of installation, custom jobs can be a pain if they dont fit right or you have to modify things.

$800 is steep but its what one would expect for a factory stereo. In all honesty this swap has also crossed my mind, but I have the original jazzyMT aux in and have not been having trouble with it, so until it dies or my CDplayer stops working im not changing over.

Whats wrong with the jazzy mod anyway? he has like an online store now with all kinds of stuff that I imagine the most expensive one uses the trace and blank button to make it a true aux in for the p-201UH that we currently use. (I didn't really keep up since I was emersed in my own projects)

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

hmm for some reason it didnt post up both of them. the 400 is jsut for the bessel, the radio itself was about 900...

so that would mean that we would have to buy the bessel and the radio at a total cost of about $ 1300??!! :icon_surp I think I will have to do with the jazzy mod. There are better things to spend the remaining 1200 on. :icon_twis

86203AG65A

86213AG65A

those were the part numbers

the 203 one showed up for me before, now it is saying it is not found.

I thought that they sold the radio assembly (probably the 203 part) with guts and bezel as well as the bezel separately (in case of collision you didn't have to change both. Also people got the 05 3.0 radio for < 600 so I don't think the costs went up that much.

SubaruParts.com

new part number for the radio.

Of course thats just the unit itself, then im sure the cable that runs the aux in to the armrest is extra...

Thats just stupid.. Ive had a cubby stereo install for months and honestly its where the stereo should have been in the first place.

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

So who is going to be the first one to do this!?!

I'm waiting until confirmation that it'll be a straight swap. I'm 95% certain it'll work, but for $600 dollars I'd confirmation or at least a good shot of the back of the radio and connectors.

I doubt they changed the radio/AC connections; however things like the subwoofer connection may have changed. Also I'd like to see how they added XM capability.

If the factory xm kit for the lgt comes with a windshield mount antenna take it out of the box and smash it on the ground. I've installed 2 factory xm kits in nissans that come with the same antenna and both got horrible reception. In both cases my customers purchased normal roof mount antennas and have had no further problems. Just a heads up and very interested in more info on the 07 head unit.

The whole point is that we dont want another radio or anything else to clutter stuff up. We want a stock look and the functions of the aftermarket units. Overall i think i will get a OEM processor and just use the aux in for my mp3 fix.

:dm: 2007 DGM LGT :dm:

:icon_twis 2003 Suzuki SV650S :icon_twis

;705652']STIS was down part of yesterday for scheduled maintenance. Try it again.

Jon can you find the 07 subwoofer install? I got the 72hr sub and is looks like the wiring is the same for the auto climate control and speaker connections are identical. The Steering wheel controls are identical, but the sub connections aren't shown but in the 07 it's for the aux connector (which I believe the connector for the aux in and XM radio) on the 05 a few of the pins overlap.

I'm hoping the sub plugs into the aux cable.

So for everyone else the message is that at first blush it looks like it work with some minor rewiring if you've got a Sub. Otherwise it's appears to be a straight swap.

;706508']The 2007 Legacy subwoofer amplifier install instructions are at http://techinfo.subaru.com/html/downloadFree.jsp?doc_id=139266. You don't need a subscription to read/download them.

I love it when I'm wrong! So it looks like the 07 radio is incompatible with the 05/06 models with the built in rear sub, and IS compatible with the one under the driver seat and all others (the VDC wagon has a sub built in to the storage cubby in the rear passenger side).

The 13 pin connection containing the Speaker wires (i26) and the 8 pin connection for the auto AC (i88) are identical for the 05-07. The other 8 pin connector i88 caries the steering wheel ("satellite") controls on pins 3/7 and has a body unit connection on pin 8 (illumination). On the 05-06 pins 4/6 are the [rear] sub whereas pins 1/2/5/6 are the "Aux Box" connectors. I couldn't find anything else on the "Aux Box" connections.

I still don't see how the navigation system "speaks" to the radio.

1900352872_05-06radio2ndconnection.jpg.5662256fcca31049cf2d2b67301c7b46.jpg

1512649678_07radio2ndconnection.jpg.111d8f0b47724a695060baf89a4d5fd1.jpg

475046294_07Subwoofer.jpg.649419d4b862c74d4f10aa0de3973782.jpg

Spinjockey - thanks for the info. The under-seat sub connection was one of the major questions I had about the 07 unit. Glad to see it'll connect without modification! Are you planning on grabbing one soon?

Also - In another thread, the AUX is reported to be in the flip-down ashtray. Can anyone confirm this? If it is, does that mean those wishing to replace will need to purchase an updated center console piece?

PS. Anyone have a pic of the front of the stereo? [edit]Thought of one other minor detail -- can anyone confirm that the backlighting for the stereo buttons is red (i.e. matches the 05-06 scheme)?

Chum

Anyone that has an '07 HVAC radio in the NH/MA/VT/CT area want to get together for a day? I would LOVE to take it apart and see how they did it!!!

Maybe I can duplicate it and save everyone a WHOLE HELL OF A LOT OF TIME!!

If not, then I will start saving my pennies to buy an 07 radio :(

Spinjockey - thanks for the info. The under-seat sub connection was one of the major questions I had about the 07 unit. Glad to see it'll connect without modification! Are you planning on grabbing one soon?

Also - In another thread, the AUX is reported to be in the flip-down ashtray. Can anyone confirm this? If it is, does that mean those wishing to replace will need to purchase an updated center console piece?

PS. Anyone have a pic of the front of the stereo? [edit]Thought of one other minor detail -- can anyone confirm that the backlighting for the stereo buttons is red (i.e. matches the 05-06 scheme)?

Chum

I saw a picture a while ago and can't find it now, but it showed the aux in connection in the center console next to the power outlet in there.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

Chum

Here is a link with some pictures of the 07. The AUX is in the armrest.

2007 Subaru Legacy Research Page: 2.5i, SE, GT, Limited, spec.B turbo

Archived