LegacyGT.com

Put 2007 stereo in 2005 Legacy GT?

Mindflayer

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The radio will just clip right in, but I doubt the satellite will. There is a walkthrough on the forum for a Sat install. The wiring is already in the car for the antenna and things (under the passenger headliner), but I don't think it is present in our car. It is doable to install SAT, but you will have to do some running of wires as you would in an aftermarket system. But the nice thing is that you would be able to control the SAT with the headunit instead of another piece of hardware. And if you are wiring for SAT, why not wire for Aux...

• 2 weeks later...
what if i don't want the aux box? what if i just want to swap my 05 stereo with the 07, and then bring the aux wire through the dash somewhere? are you guys saying that the aux box purchase is necessary to get the actual aux wire to plug into the back of the stereo, or can that be bought separately?

So far I haven't seen anyone asks this question. Does the '07 radio sound better then the '05-'06? If not the jazzy AUX mod and give you an aux input for about $30. I have it and it works great.

I don't think it's a sound thing. I think this is really for those who don't want to have to play a blank CD. Some want an actual AUX input with no mods to the stock radio and no CD to play.

^^^ That's the part number I have written down for the '07 stereo. I got it from a thread on here somewhere. I plan on confirming with someone at a local dealership (Jamie aka Subiegal) before actually ordering as I want to be 100% sure it includes the front bezel with all the proper knobs, etc.

I believe there's another part number for the center console box with the Aux in port attatched if you plan on going that route.

As for the ACC etc. working no one knows as you will be the first to do it. Keep us posted!! ;-)

Cheers!

-Ian

Archived