LegacyGT.com

Blitzen 3.0l in Oz

stuccuking

IWSS, why do I get the feeling that if it only came in red some one would be griping that it was too limiting ;):p

I see your point, and it is well taken.

The blitzen has a history of being color limited, though. (red and black in Aus, JDM adds urban grey, IIRC...)

And I have less of a gripe when a limited edition is limited in choices. The 06 Spec B in the US... I didn't love the paint color, and said so, but I can understand it. It is a limited run. Blitzen is a limited run special edition.

I also have less of a gripe when the color it is limited to is a GOOD color. with an interior that doesn't clash with the paint. (who came up with blue interior in a dark grey car, anyway... Wouldn't be in my top five color combos...)

If they were to bring the Blitzen here, I would hope that they would have the blitzen sedan and wagon in red and black at least, and maybe a silver/gray tone for those who want that... and then open up the color palette of the rest of the Legacy Spec B. (incidentally, exactly how they do it in the rest of the world... huh. funny coincidence...)

But that is the key. If a limited edition car has only two or three choices, or even just one, the REST of the lineup should have many more choices, so at least a customer can look forward to getting SOMETHING. There isn't a single color combo that I truly want in the 07 Legacy US lineup. At all. That is pretty pathetic. Newport Blue with charcoal leather would do it. Blitzen's Solid red over charcoal would do it. Garnet red/charcoal was good, but it is gone now. Nothing left.

If I were in Oz, and the only car I could buy without grey paint would be a blitzen with the 6-cyl/6MT, I would. (presuming I could afford it...) even if given the alternate choice of a grey painted turbocharged model. It would be a bit of a choice, but a 6-cyl Legacy is still a legacy with respectable power, and it is hard and expensive to repaint a new car. It is easier and cheaper to tune the car for more power.

At least, if SOA offered the Blitzen, it would be available in Red. Something besides dismal grayscales. I imagine Ft. Wayne gets as dismal grey in the winter as Iowa does... Six months of dismal grey weather is depressing enough to make me not want a dismal grey, silver, or white car to drive. But then again, I am an obsessive enthusiast... I just might be crazy.

I know if we got the 3.0 Blitzen everyone on this forum would be livid it wasn't a 2.5 turbo and/or that it didn't have STI power.

Yeah, but at least then we'd be looking at two power upgrade options - a supercharger from Cobb or a turbo kit from PDX. And you know that if there was a Legacy H6 3.0 option, it would light a fire under them to make those kits public...

And correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the H6 add variable valve lift programmability to valve timing for the tuners out there?

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

the H 6 is already available here...? why are these options not available now?

The H6 is only available in the high-end Outbacks and the Tribeca. There isn't a Legacy (or Impreza:lol:) with the H6. So there isn't a terribly big market for power upgrades for the H6. Power upgrades are mostly in demand for the Impreza line, with a significant minority for the Legacy. As it is, both Cobb and PDX are developing H6 power applications, but since you can't get a Legacy or Impreza off-the-shelf with the H6, there isn't a big demand for that application. The costs of buying the H6 engine and then modding it are too great for most folks. However, if the Legacy or Impreza was available with the H6, there would be some serious demand for power applications from the enthusiast community. Does that sum it up nicely?

i just meant that it was here and in use in the legacy (as an outback), although, mistakenly thought for a moment it was available as a GT as well. my head is clear once again...:icon_wink

I suspected you knew all that already, but on a forum, it's good to keep all the info out there, even when it is a newb like me supplying it...:icon_mrgr

I'd be interested in knowing that information as well. I would think the easiest way would be to contact an Australian or Japanese dealership and see if they are willing to ship out of their respective countries.

You could try AVO, Japanparts, or ozeparts.com... the wheels are 18x7, i believe, and definitely have 5x100 bolt pattern, and probably 48-55mm offset/backspacing.

Europe is also getting the car, so if you have a contact at a european vendor, that might be another avenue. Shipping will likely be the killer

Hey guys, just bought one of those blitzens check out the pics

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2395039

congrats! the car is B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!

how silly is subaru:icon_conf Such a beautiful auto...they call it the BLITZEN, and ship it out in auto trans:confused: , it really makes no sense to me! also, how com no nav...what a package...and no nav!

Guys it look crap in real life. Looks like a Homer mobile from the front and the wheels look like Audi wheels (or a cheaper car in Aus called a Holden Astra).

It's really a 3.0R Spec B with a different body kit and wheels.

I have a Spec B and only a few days after I got it they released pictures of this. I was mightly pissed off until I saw it in real life. Everyone in Aus is quiet disappointed with it.

G

congrats! the car is B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!

how silly is subaru:icon_conf Such a beautiful auto...they call it the BLITZEN, and ship it out in auto trans:confused: , it really makes no sense to me! also, how com no nav...what a package...and no nav!

The auto actually goes a bit harder than the stick. Only problem is with the electronic gas it's a bit slow off the line.

G

Guys it look crap in real life. Looks like a Homer mobile from the front and the wheels look like Audi wheels (or a cheaper car in Aus called a Holden Astra).

It's really a 3.0R Spec B with a different body kit and wheels.

I have a Spec B and only a few days after I got it they released pictures of this. I was mightly pissed off until I saw it in real life. Everyone in Aus is quiet disappointed with it.

G

I'm afraid I have to agree. It just looks weird in real life.

I want the front bumper off the 3.0 spec B, and a McIntosh stereo, and the freaking black interior with white paint. Stupid SOA.

It's funny how they pay more for the auto there, but here you pay more for auto (usually). Guess I should be happy, I prefer manual anyway.

ROW is rest-of-world. Aside from North America, since all other markets are supplied via Japan, not Indiana, USA.

North American marked has no h6 in the legacy branded cars at all. Outbacks that have the H6 are all automatic.

The 3.0R Spec B does not exist in this country at all, manual or automatic, sedan or wagon. Nada. I wish it did. Maybe it would sell some more legacys to folks who think Turbos are too boy-racer or unreliable, or something, regardless of the fact that they are neither.

I like the look of the blitzen. I would however change two easily changeable things... wheels, and grille. An inset mesh-style Spec B replacement grille will fit there; (like Zero-Sports or K2 gear offer), rather than the flush mesh grille that comes stock. I would also change the wheels for something a little less odd, and wider.

Given money, it would get the K2gear reiz kit, with the M5-look bumpers. But I LOVE that red color. The rest is changeable.

If it were in the US as a 6-cyl... it would be begging for Perrin's turbo setup, or Cobb's rotrex supercharger.

Make that a 3.0R Spec B (as the only trim level with 18" wheels and bilsteins, at a decent price... shyeah, that'll happen!), and as you say, sedan or wagon, 5EAT or 6MT, and leather/sunroof.

That would be a nice car.

Although I think a better strategy would be to break it down a bit.

3.0 Turbo Spec B with the Bilsteins and 6MT standard, 5EAT optional, NAV optional, built to order. (sport package, basically.)

And also

3.0R Limited (non turbo), sans bilsteins, NAV installed, 5EAT only. (near luxo-cruiser, to compete with the Camry/Accord/Lacrosse, etc. non-sport sedans.)

That could also take some of the pressure off of the 2.5 GT limited to carry the near-lux sedan water, and it could be somewhat more focused on being a value-leader sport sedan, under the 3.0 Turbo Spec B, such as having the bilsteins and performance oriented rolling stock, and more aggressive brakes and anti=bars as standard, without NAV mandatorily raising the price. Maybe even bringing back a model with cloth sport seats standard.

Personally, I would then consider dropping the 2.5i SE and Limited models, and have three levels of non-turbo Legacy, and split off the SE and Limited names for these models.

the non-sport-oriented lineup:

budget (no moniker, no leather or sunroof, 2.5i NA engine, 5MT or 5EAT sans sportshift) $21k

SE (leather, sunroof, 3.0R H6, 5MT or 5EAT-SS, but no nav, etc...) $25k - mid-line

Limited (adds NAV, memory seats, EL Gauges, and HID. 5EAT-SS only.)$29k - full dress near-lux option.

The Turbocharged sport legacys would then lineup in a bit of an overlap:

2.5 GT (no leather, no sunroof, 5MT or 5EAT-SS) $26k - the return of the "TR" non-limited turbo Legacy. Similar to 05 non-limited, but with better brakes and less body roll.

2.5 Spec B (leather, sunroof, SI-Drive, 6MT or 5EAT-SS, Bilsteins. HID, Memory seats, Aggressive-look bodywork, 18" wheels. Nav build to order optional. )$30k. The way I wish the Spec B was now, as in brought back down to earth, and what the current Legacy GT Limited SHOULD be.

3.0 Spec B (350-400hp, otherwise could be labeled Legacy STI.) Turbo 3.0, SI-drive, 6MT or 5EAT-SS, Bilsteins, Leather/alcantara, sunroof, memory seats, HIDs, wide body kit with outback's fender flares, smoother door side cladding, aggressive front and rear bumpers, larger grille, four exhaust tips, 8" wide 5x114 wheels and tires. NAV optional, STI badging. ~$36-38k. With over 350hp, and enough standard equipment and performance to JUSTIFY that pricetag, and even make it look like a good deal!

*hid delete could be no-cost optional for any model with HIDs, which would be to re-fit standard halogen bulbs and housings from lower-end base Legacy or 2.5GT to any of the higher models for all those who think that proper OEM hids are too "blinding". That is if SOA could reverse their take on HIDS to begin with, and offer them, as I outline. BTW, chrome headlights for non-sport, black headlights for turbo models.

The Outback could meld into that format pretty well, and they could drop the LLB/3.0R sedan and go wagon-only (OB Sedan redundant with proposed Legacy 3.0R Limited, sans stilt suspension) Basically all three of the proposed non-sport Legacy models already exist as outbacks (where I got the general idea...) and base the OBXT half way between the Legacy 2.5 GT and 2.5 Spec B. (luxury options, but OB suspension, instead of Bilsteins and lowered.) Maybe a limited run of 3.0XT über-Outbacks based on the 3.0 Turbo Legacy as a gimmick.

Then, if subaru could see it's way to producing a coupe on this platform... offer it in trim lines similar to the Legacy 3.0R Limited (lux GT Coupe), 2.5 Spec B (Standard performance model) and 3.0 Turbo Spec B/STI ultimate AWD GT coupe. (beat the pants off of Audi's upcoming A5 coupe, or whatever they are calling the A4 derived coupe..., give the E46 M3s a run for their roundels.)

THEN offer a blitzen Legacy sedan, wagon and coupe on that. 2.5 turbo or 3.0R power, and spec B configuration with special bumpers and bright red paint.

Archived