LegacyGT.com

Future of Subaru

akmaloney

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol: :lol: Don't be shy, don't whisper. Be a man. Command Subaru to give us the Turbo Hybrid. Please Mr. SOA?

How about a Blitz running gear H6 Turbo with 6MT? No No, don't do that. You might have a mega star to deal with if you did that. Never consider doing a Blitz/H6Turbo/6MT/wagon because you would own the sport wagon market, in addition to the nurses shoes wagon market.

The Outback Wagon and commercials taught Subaru that they could screw up marketing great cars and still save the company by doing one thing VERY right. The worlds hottest sport wagon is not going to be the next Outback Wagon hero. Subaru is looking for the next grand slam in the B9T. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Outback Wagon, no matter how good, would not have had the success it did without Crock Dundee and years of pounding home the image and message to be sure people new about that choice.

I like the idea of a 5.5sec 0-60 hybrid that gets 42 mpg, when driven at 12 sec 0-60. I can be bad or I can be good. The perfect car. Could that be the next grand slam?

Parting thought, wagon, wagon, wagon, wagon, wagon, wagon :icon_bigg

I've seen the same letter and it really doesn't shed any new light on, well, anything. It give some hints at dates for the Impreza/Forester redesigns and confirms some Tribeca info (no, it makes no mention of an H6T or H6TT). Not that big of a deal, really.

To all the "give me a performance Leggy" people, tell everyone you know to start buying them and SOA will listen. If wagon sales don't pick up then your only leggy wagon will be an OB... hell SOA has sold more Bajas than Leg wagons!! If you want it go and buy/lease what's out there now or we'll never get it.

Good points! :) We should buy a high performance Legacy sedan! Come one everyone... DO IT! :D I couldn't agree more. The only counter point I have is, if a true high-end performance Legacy isn't offered, how can we buy it? :confused:
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

I ordered my LegGT/wagon/MT in September of 05 for a November delivery. I switched from a BMW 325xi wagon/MT to my LegGT and have never regreted it. At first, I was a bit critical of suspension, but over time, I see just how good the Subaru engineers dialed it in.

I hear you BOY. I must be part of an insignificant segment that cannot justify a business plan for a killer sport wagon. :(

To all the "give me a performance Leggy" people, tell everyone you know to start buying them and SOA will listen. If wagon sales don't pick up then your only leggy wagon will be an OB... hell SOA has sold more Bajas than Leg wagons!! If you want it go and buy/lease what's out there now or we'll never get it.

If they'd build a peformance Legacy that I would want to spend my money on, I'll be happy to, relatively shortly.

Not against you, BOY, I know your point is a half-valid one. But I am very frustrated with Subaru.

SOA they can't offer more color choice on the GT or Spec B. They can't offer memory seats on the GT Limited, and the Spec B is much more expensive than a premium and sport suspension package should be, ESPECIALLY with NO FISHING CONFIGURATION.

Then to turn around and say "suck it up, you might like the meager offering ..." and I hear "[sOA] will build more, if you buy them now..." What fishing sense does that make? I am supposed to waste money on a car, so that they'll build a better one AFTER I have already committed to paying for the previous lesser car? Then what, take the depreciation hit at the dealer trade for the new and improved model? I don't have the money to be buying cars every year or two, and eating that depreciation, tax, and other expenses. And if the current offerings are lacking... where does that leave us?

IT NEEDS TO BE THE OTHER WAY AROUND. THIS IS CAPITALISM. YOU (SOA) BUILD IT, THEN WE BUY IT. DEMAND DOES NOT PRECEDE SUPPLY. If you are waiting for this to happen, then you'll be very dissappointed, and a lot older.

I am so damn frustrated with SOA right now... I want an 07 LGT in a few months, I would love the Spec B, if it came in a decent color with an affordable price. But neither one is configurable to the way I want a new car to be. I may as well save the depreciation money.

But I probably won't buy either one of the 07 turbo Legacys. It will probably be a used LGT or something else entirely.

Why not wait and/or lease. I mean you never make $$ on a car purchase, it's a depreciating asset so lease it for 24-36mo and get another one. You should be able to find 06's out there that still lease out well and YES you can mod a lease as long as you unmod it before you turn it in.

It isn't a bad suggestion, but I am not a fan of leasing cars, especially not when after the lease, I am left with zero equity left for a trade, or having to finance to buy out the remainder of the balance, in order to keep the car, at a higher interest rate than I could get just by buying new.

The only time I see a lease working is when people continue to lease over and over and over again, so they don't need any large trade in/down payment when changing vehicles. I don't intend to do that, and don't want to be left with a big nothing at the end of the lease term. Depreciated value is at least more than zero.

Plus, I probably put at least as many miles on my vehicles as the maximum allotment.

I am in a position to buy, and I prefer to buy and keep the car for quite a number of years, likely even after it is paid for. That is why I am so particular about what I will be buying, and have waited until I am ready to buy, rather than leasing something some time ago. It will have to last, and if I am dissappointed, I will be dissappointed for a LONG time.

See my next car will either be an older, high mile used subie for a project or a new leased subie. My logic is simple, I can lower and stage 2 the lease in a weekend and undo it at the end of the term and I'm not out much more than time. I can get my payment roughly 1/2 of what a finance term would be and get the same car. Before I got into the business leases seemed like a scam to me but after being in the business for a while I think its the best way to go for a new car.

I just had a customer trade in his 05 Baja on an 06 Outback, he paid cash for both and litterally lost his shirt on the Baja (high miles). He could've spent the same relative $$ for 4yrs of "ownership" on a lease and/or traded in a lease at the same relative loss. Subaru leases really do even out in the wash. I want an LGT wagon (yeah, I know) or an FXT next if I go new.... I cannot swing the pmt on a $29k+ vehicle so leasing makes sense. Plus I can get another one after the big redo and have no negative equity.... then again, knowing me I'll do nothing till my RS-T literally blows up :lol:

Yeah, there are plusses and minus to both leasing and owning..this has been debated ad infinitum. It's really about how you use your car. I plan on beating the LGT into the ground, which is why I am gonna own it when my payments are up....one more year :)

This way in like 5 years I can say I have a "beater" It will be a fast beater but a beater none the less. Then I can buy the B11S in 2011..get it B11S in 2011

:hide:

Hooray for new icons!!

hell SOA has sold more Bajas than Leg wagons!!

do you have the actual breakdown? not the official SOA "Memo: Outback" chart that just confuses the hell out of everyone :icon_conf

No. I actually have no official breakdown, but thought it sounded good and thought it would make me look important, and got carried away. Sorry.

its simple, if subaru offered the same legacy gt that it offers in Japan, (esthetically and feature-wise) all issues-concerns-complaints here would be gone except for one, WHEN IS THE Legacygt GT/STI coming out?

If i could replace the guy who decides on this, the Legacy would have a sweet line up including blitzen, sti, and several other "special editions"

john_knoxville, you're a prick.

Not hard really:

Take the number of YTD Legacy wagons and subtract the number of Outbacks... what do you get? 1856

Now look at the YTD number of Bajas... what do you get? 1859

Last I checked, 1856<1859

I know what I've sold for the year and Bajas are definitely ahead of Legacy wagons, not that I've sold many of either but Bajas do sell better.

11bu5xe.jpg.b119aaf20b6c70a90c055803ccf2c2f9.jpg

but how many 3.0r's?

you would think subaru would have all the numbers broken down but noooooooo.

cheap again just like not selling prepainted door rub strips or not painting the usdm fake intake runners silver on the h-6 engine cover.

bastards

That's odd, when I order my Ouback sedans they're listed with the Legacies while Outbacks and Legacy wagons are broken down separate... I guess you know all :icon_roll

No, when I think about it it makes perfect sense to include Ouback sedans with the Legacy wagon breakdown... geesh let it go. The Legacy wagons are turds from a sales number perspective. I want one, but if I don't get one this year I may have to settle for an Outback.

depends on the diesel. toureg V10 does it in 6 seconds. Diesels have serious torque. Torque is what gives to speed to 60, not just HP.

Check out the threads on the new audi diesel le mans car, or the one of the ford diesel pickup walking sports cars.

Not to mention, diesels because of the torque makes them super fun to drive regardless of what the 0-60 is.

be realistic

do you think subaru would design and build a fast diesel car?

BMW and BENZ have admitted publicly that they made the wrong choice 5 years ago in going turbo diesel, and Japan Inc. made the right choice with Hybrid. Hybrid is hot and diesel is not. US govt has not committed to clean diesel. Clean diesel sounds like like healthy double crisp deep fried chicken.

I think this debate is over.

Archived