LegacyGT.com

Future of Subaru

akmaloney

Gentlemen,

Received today in a letter from the VP himself are some tidbits into the future product line-up. Had to do an edit on the post..."someone" doesn't want this info out this early. All i can say is that there's some good news around the corner for Impreza and B9T fans! Cheers!! :)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gentlemen,

Received today in a letter from the VP himself are some tidbits into the future product line-up. Had to do an edit on the post..."someone" doesn't want this info out this early. All i can say is that there's some good news around the corner for Impreza and B9T fans! Cheers!! :)

Ha ha! you got in trouble like SODealer on Nasioc... except he's not very generous with info... the Rat Bastard!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

bishes! You can't be saying you have info. and not divulge it. This is the INTERNET. Email me, and I'll post it saying that it's from the internet. Okay maybe that would look fishy, but could you still email me the info.? I could sit on it. I swear.

It has got to be big. Like how Mitsu got their balls kicked just after the 271 hp EVo came out, and Subaru came out with the Sti at 300hp. Maybe since the EVo 10 is just around the bend Subaru wants to do it again to Mitsu. Would be funny to see history repeat itself. That is worth waiting for. I would keep it a big secret too.

For your car audio/video needs:D

Audio Crafters IS it.

In Pasadena Ca. Arthur rules.

www.audio-crafters.com

your better off letting us see the car before it goes into production.

this way we can correct Subarus mistakes.

Only a select few have seen the actual vehicle in the U.S--and that too only in pictures. Unfortunately, I'm not one of the privileged few that have seen it.

First, this is a Legacy forum and I am not sure that Impreza or B9T future indicates legacy future.

Second, Subaru dropped their "faster than a Porsche/BMW" peformance campaign very quickly and began to dull down the Legacy performance options. Impreza is Subaru's performance pony for NorAm. The current SpecB Legacy "sedan only" just does not count (IMHO). What they sell in Japan does not seem to provide any hope for NorAm.

Third, no matter how fast you make a B9T, it still has less sex appeal than a pair of 1965 nursing shoes. Is there really a marketing survey out there that indicates target buyer demand for an Sti B9T? Pizzazzzz and speed are not decision factors for B9 buyers.

Is there something in this tease for Legacy owners? Legacy wagon/MT owners?

Own and love my 05 LegGT/wagon/MT with 30k miles on it, but do not see a repeat buy at this point.

Nope, not really. It's only for the Impreza and B9T fans..and I'm sure once this info is allowed to leak they'll appreciate what's in store. It also briefly gets into the 2008 Forester line up but that's as much as I can divulge.

First, this is a Legacy forum and I am not sure that Impreza or B9T future indicates legacy future

I agree. Hence, I posted it under "Subaru News and Rumors" :)

Cheers!

Subaru is retarded if they don't think there is a performance market besides the WRX, while in the next breath, they mutter something about spicing up the B9 Tribeca, for the reasons MtnSub illustrated in his third point.

That is the most damned rediculous strategy I have ever heard. Everyone in the industry is hurrying to put out performance and style oriented sedans and coupes, except subaru, because they just don't see the need beyond a boy-racer tarted up econobox.

I like the WRX mechanically, it isn't drastically different than the Legacy Turbo. But as a car, in terms of bodywork and interior, I couldn't consider it. It is too small, too rough, and too blatantly boy-racer.

Somebody who has NO FISHING IDEA about car buyers like us are making these absolutely moronic decisions.

Anybody can make a craptastic four wheel four door a-to-b appliance. But that market already has established leaders, and Subaru does NOT have the money or the market presence to tackle the camry/accord crowd.

They don't even seem to be doing that by denying the 3.0R Legacy, another bonehead move.

Subaru could sell some sport sedans if they would actually commit to building them, and sell some bargain Non-turbo cars as they become more widely known.

The Tribeca is all fine and good. But not everyone is looking for an SUV anymore, and most other companys are coming back into the car market, because demand is resurfacing there.

I swear the management at SOA has a complete disconnect with any type of enthusiast buyer. If the WRX STI weren't built in Japan, can you imagine how that would be handicapped by SOA? if they were able to dictate things like they do with the indiana-built Legacys, vs. the Japanese built Legacys...

It is this kind of thing that makes me want to buy a 6MT Infiniti G35, or an RX8.

People that are not on the inside are sitting around going, " I wonder if Subaru is going to screw up the Impreza or B9T?" (The thought of screwing up the B9 is so humorous, like making a pig stink "more".) For those that own a B9 I apologize for my ego centric opinion of a very good vehicle that looks like a test mule with a pig nose.

Because we are on the inside, we "know" or have inside info that Subaru is going to do something to the Impreza and B9T that we are going be very impressed with.

Those poor outsiders will worry for months, while we relax knowing the future of Impreza and B9T is bright.

Of course, I don't give a rats a... about Impreza or B9T, but this is a Subaru Rumor thread and it is fun. Thanks for the inside scoop.

Nope, not really.

:nono:Why am I not surprised? :confused: Can anyone who is on the inside, like akmaloney and BOY and Opie, that can actually get our point across? Like the Legacy STI? Why is this the forbidden model line? Yes, I really do appreciate the GT. It's an awesome car, but can we have a little more? Just a bit? :)

Oh... and by the way, FHI takes care of their Australian buddies evidently. Why not the US?:

Nick Senior, Managing Director, Subaru Australia, said: “For some years Subaru fans in Australia have followed the various Blitzen versions available in Japan. We’re delighted to reward their interest with this limited edition, prepared especially for the Australian market. Once again it demonstrates the high regard that Fuji Heavy Industries has for our Australian customers, tailoring a car especially for our domestic needs. It’s got tremendous road presence and combined with the highly acclaimed chassis set-up and engine of the Liberty 3.0R spec.B, we think there will be considerable interest.”

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Archived