LegacyGT.com

Nice or Rice?

Guest *Jedimaster*

Guest *Jedimaster*
I had an idea to put Angel Eyes, or Halo's or whatever you want to call them on my XT- what do you think about these quick Photochops? The first is a shot at night and the second is a shot around dusk. [img]http://premium.uploadit.org/cultofthejedi/halo-idea-night.jpg[/img] [img]http://premium.uploadit.org/cultofthejedi/halo-idea-dusk.jpg[/img] Angel Eyes aren't all that difficult to make, from what I've seen on the web. Were I to do it, I'd make it so they come on with the running lights. And then stay on once it was time to turn the headlights on.

Guest *Jedimaster*
Oh, I will- anything I do, I take pix for this site. I think I'm gonna go ahead and do this. Not with as bright a blue as in the pic- maybe a little more subtle. I don't want it to look like neon, just a faint but noticeable glow. I also want to take my orange marker lights out too. Looks like it's oven time for the headlights.

Guest *Jedimaster*
Well, I guess we'll have to see what the final product looks like. I'm gonna go ahead when I get the time. BTW, here's a tutorial on how to make the rings- just not sure how to attach them to the lights themselves. [url]http://students.washington.edu/ashis/Creating%20Custom%20Angel%20Eyes.htm[/url]

Guest *Jedimaster*
[quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='jedimaster']Well, I guess we'll have to see what the final product looks like. I'm gonna go ahead when I get the time. BTW, here's a tutorial on how to make the rings- just not sure how to attach them to the lights themselves. [url]http://students.washington.edu/ashis/Creating%20Custom%20Angel%20Eyes.htm[/url][/quote] Is there a tutorial on double posting too because I'd like to learn how! :lol:[/quote] No, but there's one on P0st Wh0ring!!!1 It has your picture on it- OMGH12U!!!1!!!

Good luck with it I'm sure it'll look good all said and done. If not oh well you can just get rid of them and start somethign new. Drift Monkey you are the biggeest post whore I have ever seen at any site I'm a member. This morning when I checked new post everyone single one but 5 on the first page had the last post done by you and few to none of the posts were useful.

'05 Black Legacy GT Wagon 5-spd

'02 Topaz/Black 330Ci 5-spd

Drift Ryder's School of Rally Arts, coming to an Australia near you.

Guest *Jedimaster*
[quote name='05LegacyGT330Ci'] Drift Monkey you are the biggeest post whore I have ever seen at any site I'm a member. [b]This morning when I checked new post everyone single one but 5 on the first page had the last post done by you and few to none of the posts were useful.[/b][/quote] :lol:

[quote name='05LegacyGT330Ci']Good luck with it I'm sure it'll look good all said and done. If not oh well you can just get rid of them and start somethign new. Drift Monkey you are the biggeest post whore I have ever seen at any site I'm a member. This morning when I checked new post everyone single one but 5 on the first page had the last post done by you and few to none of the posts were useful.[/quote] Yeah yeah, the jealousy arises again. Bow to the ultimate PW! :lol: If you sift through some posts I have definately contributed my share. Note the HID FAQ in the exterior fourm. I don't see yours Mr. 178 posts.... :lol:

Guest *Jedimaster*
[quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='05LegacyGT330Ci']Good luck with it I'm sure it'll look good all said and done. If not oh well you can just get rid of them and start somethign new. Drift Monkey you are the biggeest post whore I have ever seen at any site I'm a member. This morning when I checked new post everyone single one but 5 on the first page had the last post done by you and few to none of the posts were useful.[/quote] I have definately contributed my share. Note the HID FAQ in the exterior fourm. I don't see yours Mr. 178 posts.... :lol:[/quote] PWN3D!!11! [img]http://illfindsomethingtoputhere.com/funforum/images/smilies/kekekegay.gif[/img]

[quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='05LegacyGT330Ci']Good luck with it I'm sure it'll look good all said and done. If not oh well you can just get rid of them and start somethign new. Drift Monkey you are the biggeest post whore I have ever seen at any site I'm a member. This morning when I checked new post everyone single one but 5 on the first page had the last post done by you and few to none of the posts were useful.[/quote] Yeah yeah, the jealousy arises again. Bow to the ultimate PW! :lol: If you sift through some posts I have definately contributed my share. Note the HID FAQ in the exterior fourm. I don't see yours Mr. 178 posts.... :lol:[/quote] Congratulations in the over 2200 some odd wasted posted youve made a few posts that contribute but are overwhelmingly overshadowed by your, Rice!!!111 and smiley face and learn how to quote posts.

'05 Black Legacy GT Wagon 5-spd

'02 Topaz/Black 330Ci 5-spd

Drift Ryder's School of Rally Arts, coming to an Australia near you.

Meanwhile, back on topic.... While I think two angel eyes could be a little kitchy, I like it. I have thought about it myself, actually, and would definitely go with amber LEDs in the angel-eye rings, then cut the lead for the side parking lights, and make it as OEM looking as possible. Possibly with city-lights in the high-beams, as well. At the top of the projector housing, there is a protrusion between the projector housing, and the top of the headlight case. I don't know what is behind that, but a small hole on each side of that, with the rings entering there might look decent. If I had a legacy, I'd be checking that out. I want to re-design the sedan tail lights to have the LED light tubes like the previous 5-series, as well. But that takes production capabilities. Will be interesting to see what shows up on the market in the next year or two.

Archived