LegacyGT.com

LGT Brakes - 1, Pheasant - 1

I know some people don't like the brakes, but I'm coming from an '02 RS with the infamous ABS system that pretty much released the brakes for about 1/4 - 1/2 second at the first sign of wheel lock up. Some of you who also jumped seats from the '02 Impreza line will know what I'm talking about.

So this morning on my way to work, coming out of a long 35-40 mph left hand sweeping turn, I thought the pheasant was as good as dead when he started to step into the road. I like pheasants, and he looked big enough to do damage, so I jammed the brakes and got 2 chirps from the tires as the ABS kicked in and the pheasant hovered about a foot over my hood as he tried to fly away. In my RS, I'd have had Pheasant for lunch.

Glad to see Subaru worked out the problem that "never existed" in their ABS system. :)

I'm mildly disappointed ... they can be some damn good eatin! ;)

I didn't know they had Turkey Buzzards so far east. For some reason I thought they were mostly a west and south creature. I've only seen 2 in the state of Minnesota - that was about 2 years ago.

Yup, the 02, and maybe 03 Impreza line had a lousy ABS system where, if for example, you hit the brakes on an expansion joint, the ABS would kick on, but you'd basically travel for maybe a 1/4 second with NO brake response whatsoever. Always scared the isht out of me. :mad:

The system with EBD was WAY better.

I know some people don't like the brakes, but I'm coming from an '02 RS with the infamous ABS system that pretty much released the brakes for about 1/4 - 1/2 second at the first sign of wheel lock up. Some of you who also jumped seats from the '02 Impreza line will know what I'm talking about.

:)

I also had an '02 RS and the brakes on that car scared the life out of me more than once. The infamous no brakes scenario when you hit a bump under heavy braking. Isn't it amazing that they've confirmed it to be a problem for the WRX but the rest of us were halucinating.

I just can't imagine driving where a large animal the size of a turkey (and mostly land-based!) is running around. Changes things a bit, eh??

FWIW Wild turkey > Pheasant. The Pheasant should have been "clipped" with your rear tire from a drift, the bird being stunned you could have picked it up and bagged it, threw it in your trunk and then decided which recipe suited the situation. L'orange, Under Glass, Thurmador, BBS etc., etc.:icon_bigg Turkey Vultures are up here in MA too, damn ugly things too!!:icon_twis

Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

I didn't know the problem was ever "confirmed" for the WRXes on the weird brakes. I thought a separate defect was discovered on some models and a partial recall was offered. I don't think they ever addressed the issue where the controller just chose not to apply brakes, but I could be wrong since I never followed it too closely once I realized no one was ever going to do anything about it.

I didn't know the problem was ever "confirmed" for the WRXes on the weird brakes. I thought a separate defect was discovered on some models and a partial recall was offered. I don't think they ever addressed the issue where the controller just chose not to apply brakes, but I could be wrong since I never followed it too closely once I realized no one was ever going to do anything about it.

Confirmed probably wasn't the best choice of words but at least something came about for "some" of the vehicles people reported problems with. Unlike the RS I had that exhibited the issue. Check out this thread:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=836061

Pheasant?? Turkey?? Shoot, you need to come West, where if you are looking low enough to avoid hitting a pheasant, you're likely to hit a 900 lb elk.:icon_bigg
Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

Moose

On the way back for a wedding reception in Rangley, ME rounded the corner in our Honda civic coupe the wife said all she saw was the junk that makes him a boy moose and they were higher then the roof of the car.

So this morning on my way to work, coming out of a long 35-40 mph left hand sweeping turn, I thought the pheasant was as good as dead when he started to step into the road. I like pheasants, and he looked big enough to do damage, so I jammed the brakes and got 2 chirps from the tires as the ABS kicked in and the pheasant hovered about a foot over my hood as he tried to fly away. In my RS, I'd have had Pheasant for lunch.

Glad to see Subaru worked out the problem that "never existed" in their ABS system. :)

Funny, I made the same jump from an 02 RS as well :p

Archived