• 2 weeks later...

friend of mine riding in the backseat:

"HOLY COW how big's the engine in this car? it sounds like a HUGE MONSTER"

"2.5Liters .... 4cylinder"

"what the heck?! that sounds MEAN"

washers:

[1,1] [1,2]

thank you hogmeat.

hmmm...how to explain, the higher your RPM's - the louder it is - BUT, it varies GREATLY with just a little throttle in loudness. In other words - if you have the cruise set, it will settle to a nice civil growl - not loud at all, but once you give it a little gas to go from 70-75, then it gets louder, until you are back cruising.
I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

Guest Gitster
Can you direct me to the page you actually unvieled something. I mean were on page 53 and ive been reading for an hour and im not getting anywhere.

Go back to the very 1st post - it has ALL the links of the videos in there; I added them back after the cat was out of the bag. But I think around the 100th post is when i really unveiled it.
I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

Can you direct me to the page you actually unvieled something. I mean were on page 53 and ive been reading for an hour and im not getting anywhere.

Set your preferences to 40 posts per page, helps out alot in scanning pages. For example, this thread is only 20 pages long for me.

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

Guest Gitster
Set your preferences to 40 posts per page, helps out alot in scanning pages. For example, this thread is only 20 pages long for me.

Right on, didnt think of that, thanks.

Dong, if I lived closer to you, I'd let you listen to mine. You're gonna be impressed with what so little money will get for you. Someday, when I have spent on every other thing I want, and have money left over, I will put some real mufflers on. Until then, Hogged all the way.

210 now, Hogger!!

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

Guest Gitster

Anyone ever consider that losing back pressure through leaky flange (hogzaust!) would actually decrease horsepower, albiet minimal? Is this not an issue with an exhaust-side turbo? Id rather keep my 4hp for stock sounding exhaust.

BRING ON THE CRITICISM!

So now I have to bump this thread to get Hogster to 1000? What does that do to my $0.64 investment? What value to I place on my time to make this post? I may have to re-evaluate the cost of installing this modification.

Back pressure??? Less is better after the turbo.

My other car is a 1993 Chevy S-10 Tahoe! (Currently being driven to failure by my nephew)

Anyone ever consider that losing back pressure through leaky flange (hogzaust!) would actually decrease horsepower, albiet minimal? Is this not an issue with an exhaust-side turbo? Id rather keep my 4hp for stock sounding exhaust.

BRING ON THE CRITICISM!

I just want to hear why less backpressure would lose power? That's the whole reason for CBE. They don't add bacepressure.(except maybe SPT CBE :lol: )

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Let's see, right now, when exhaust leaves my turbo, it goes thru about 7ft of pinched, crimped, stock pipe. In that pipe are 2 cats, a resonator(i know, it flows straight thru), a super pinched 90deg direction and diameter change at the Ypipe, and then into two restrictive cans, and out into Mother Nature. My two small leaks are probably giving me a little of hp, after that arduous journey.

204 left, Hogger!!!!!