LegacyGT.com

New Hog-zawst System!!! The sound of power! *with patented washer technology*

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, but if you look just a little farther down the page on the same sub forum this lives in you see the intake silenser removal thread... with nearly 35,000 views and 79 (80 now) less posts. That's a roughly 38:1 vpp ratio :p

So we're STILL #2! Rats! Oh well, you win some, you lose some, and I'm not helping much by adding more posts, which reduces our ratio even further.... :(

I'll be quiet now, and let the thread get back on topic. Speaking of which, I'm planning on doing the HogZawst mod this weekend, if I don't get too busy with other things. I'm at least putting my stock airbox back on.

My car's former owner put an SPT intake on it, and, after reading about Cobb's testing of the SPT intake, I'm definitely taking it off, soon.

Anybody want an SPT intake for Leg GT? Cheap! It comes highly recommended (to not install it). It might be good for a bookend, if someone else already has one we could make a set! It's a little large for a paperweight, but might make a good conversation piece.

Time to throw a new twist to the thread...The official DeHogged list!!

I Un-Hogged or De-Hogged her today. It just sounds wrong at low rpm's. Don't take it personally Hogger, I think any after market exhaust for thousands times the price will do the same thing. Boxsters sound like they're missing at low speed and should be kept quiet until WOT and 3K minimum. Look at it this way, if everyone who posted when they did the mod posts when they undo it, this will be the biggest thread in the history of .com!!!

Time to throw a new twist to the thread...The official DeHogged list!!

I Un-Hogged or De-Hogged her today. It just sounds wrong at low rpm's. Don't take it personally Hogger, I think any after market exhaust for thousands times the price will do the same thing. Boxsters sound like they're missing at low speed and should be kept quiet until WOT and 3K minimum. Look at it this way, if everyone who posted when they did the mod posts when they undo it, this will be the biggest thread in the history of .com!!!

I so disagree :p

I think the BEST part about the sound of a boxer engine is the low RPMs. It sounds damn mean for a 4 cylinder engine with that nice low snarly rumble.

I want to hear that boxer burble all the way from barely turning over (which certainly helps with clutch engagement) all the way up into the upper registers of the RPM range - read full lilt or aural nirvana. That's what makes a Subaru boxer burble so special. It calls to you AND to those who are used to hearing the typical I-4 EL header'd hopefuls - "that was something different and it sounds good".

The HZ v1.0, Stg 2.0 does that

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I think the problem I have is more that I drive a 5EAT. It's not like I can rev her up on the take off and keep the revs high easily. With the auto, it literally sounds like I'm sputtering away until I get up to acceptable rpms. At least you guys can keep the revs up and it will always sound great.

So maybe you just list this mod with a 5EAT disclaimer...

^ I just think that this is a matter of personal tastes, as brother Effin so well-puts. :)

There are just people who don't like that "miss"-like sound.

I, for one, love it. The radical-cam sound that the old muscle-cars make truly have me drooling all the time.

The more rumble-'n-miss, the better.

Personal taste. :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

^ I just think that this is a matter of personal tastes, as brother Effin so well-puts. :)

There are just people who don't like that "miss"-like sound.

I, for one, love it. The radical-cam sound that the old muscle-cars make truly have me drooling all the time.

The more rumble-'n-miss, the better.

Personal taste. :)

I defintely agree and I hadn't thought about the difference between the MT and AT brethren. I think if I had an AT, I might view the mod completely differently. We've all heard the autobox rice rockets roaring up through the gears only to hear that "sag" between upshifts. For those of us with MTs, there's no way to mistake it for anything but an MT....

Very subjective but imho

HZ, V1.0, Stg 2.0 + MT = definite goodness

HZ, V1.0, Stg anything + AT = jury's out...:)

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I love this mod! While i was getting the oil changed i told the mechanic to do it. He laughed his ass off and asked if i was serious. Then he started it up and was shocked at the sound. I must admit i was too. The rumble is sweet.

Best "switched" story of the 21st page!!

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST