LegacyGT.com

Legacy specific SPT Intake

pyroman

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I dont know if you could pull the element and look inside the tube. I am wondering if they incorperated the splitter veins that the stock MAF tube has in it.

+1, good question, I've heard some of the problems with other intakes is too much turbulance around the MAF.

Can't really tell if it is louder or not, When i had a perrin short ram on, the sound was definently there, more of the blow off sound than anything. Now that i have a Turbo XS RFL on there you can't really hear any intake noise.

Personally, when the service director said 47Hp i laughed on the inside and felt like he was lying to me; so i think that would be hard to do.

The pipe is made of cast aluminum (i think that is what the designer told me) anyways he said a lot of money went into the machining of the parts but the quality is top notch. Not to put the perrin short ram down or anything but this product is much better quality for about the same money.

KTM 525: their isn't any viens inside the tube. it is just a cast tube.

specinvstr: Tomorrow after work and class i will look on the box and see what the part # is. I was told they should be in the warehouses by thursday. So when they can be purchased i have no idea?

Hopefully my computer will stop messing up and i can upload a couple more pictures of it. But If anyone wants some pictures just PM me with an email address and i will be happy to send them tomorrow after 9pm. (since uploading them won't work).

Hmmm if the intake doesn't void the warranty i might have to scoop one up. Then again when is the spt exhaust being re-released if ever?

The SPT (Bosal) exhaust is already available. But the initial build quality is not very good. Do a search.

repost....is it safe running the SPT intake with a cobb st. 2 map? On cobb's site they say only their intake is safe. (maybe to sell more?)

anyway does anyone know what could happen with the standard st. 2 cobb map which is for TBE only. (but people are running up pipes ok and now apparently intakes)

The SPT (Bosal) exhaust is already available. But the initial build quality is not very good. Do a search.

Actually, Han'sGT, go check the posts yourself ;) ... what VTGT cited is correct - people will have to wait for a "re-release," if ever, for as I mentioned before, the current recognized rumor is that the Bosal/SPT cat-back is discontinued.

We're all still awaiting a solid confirmation of this, and several members are trying to figure out what to do with their "recalled" pieces.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Actually, Han'sGT, go check the posts yourself ;) ... what VTGT cited is correct - people will have to wait for a "re-release," if ever, for as I mentioned before, the current recognized rumor is that the Bosal/SPT cat-back is discontinued.

We're all still awaiting a solid confirmation of this, and several members are trying to figure out what to do with their "recalled" pieces.

ah I C:icon_bigg

There is a big article in the new Drive Performance Magazine from Subaru about SPT and the Legacy Intake. If you don't already get the magazine you can get it for free by signing up here: http://www.drive.subaru.com/DrivePerformance/Sign-Up.htm

LOL, look at the URL when you click submit:

http://www.drive.subaru.com/DrivePerformance/Jason_is_a_geek

ah I C:icon_bigg

^ NP. :) It's just that the entire SPT/Bosal CBE "recall" and "discontinuation" issue is now one of the bigger LGT.com mysteries! ;):iam:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Not sure if there would be any potential problems to running an open air element on Stage 2. I have been doing it for over a year now (previously with the perrin short ram) with no problems, so i guess its safe to assume.

Archived