LegacyGT.com

07 Ford GT500

Anyone thinking about purchasing one.......dig DEEEEEEEEP!

Dealers are starting there prices for customers on the waiting list @ 15k over sticker.....

Starting price for the Coupe....40-45k

Soft-Top....50-55K

A local Ford dealer sold its first GT500 Conv for a preset price of 75K...:lol::lol:

Yea....it may have 500HP

But it comes in @ a SUV pushing 3975 for the soft-top:eek:

75,000 for a MUSTANG?

SEVENTY FIVE THOUSAND.........

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

That's nothing.... When the New Beetle first came out there were dealerships around here selling at a 75% markup. $35K for a that car is highway robbery. But the suckers lined up the buy the things. They don't call em 'stealerships' for nothing I guess.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Kinda like Chevrolet dealers getting 95K+ out of the new Z06....a 30K plus markup:lol:

That being said....No production vehicle can touch it for the price.

The same cannot be said for the GT500 though...it's expected performance?

About the same as a Stage II Lgt MT....though it does carry a higher trap speed.

0-60.......4.6-4.8

1/4.........12.6-12.8 @ 112-114

4000Lbs sure does kill that 500hp

I can get 12 second times in my LGT for a lot less than $75K. Hell, I can get 12 second trap times in a V6 Mustang for less than $75K. :lol: I'm sure they will get the price though. Some people out there have way too much money and they need to spend it on something.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

eeek didn't know it weighed that much. Still can't look the other way at a car running 12's stock. I'm sure you can easily run high 11's low 12's w/little modification. It would be a great deal if it were actually 45k.

The initial excitement is always high on cars like these. Remember when the Ford GT came out, it was generating about 225,000 on ebay. Now you can get them for around 160,000. Stealerships will get whatever the market will bear. I just can't believe consumers will go along with it. I guess when you have 50 times the disposable income I do, who cares.

Your better off with a 03 Cobra. Hell, with a pulley, intake, exhaust, chip, and slicks they'll pull 10.90's all day long.

I've been following the fanaticism of the new GT500 and it's absurd. Even the new Z06 was slightly pushing it, but for the technology that was integrated into the car, it was somewhat justified. I'm not a Ford guy and I do like the new mustangs, but when is enough, enough. I can think of a lot of other cars that would get my money if I was going to spend $75k. Consequently no domestic manufacturer would get the bid!

Amen.

A mustang for porsche money? Nah.

Especially not for a car with a truck axle. How many people are really going to perrenially drag race a $40k+ MSRP Shelby GT500? Ones who can afford to modify the suspension. It should (as should all Mustangs, IMHO) come with an IRS for the street, which is where the vast majority of them stay.

A Parnelli Jones Saleen replica is cooler, and less money, but still way too much, and still live axle, and $55k.

For that kind of money, a 997 is much more attractive, even if not as outright fast. Or waiting for an Aston Martin V8 Vantage, which is sex on wheels, especially compared to the Mustang. Hard to believe they share generic attributes, and the same parent company. (ford, front-engined, rwd, v8 coupe.)

Maybe in 30years....

It will be just like the Mustang GT until then. Consumers were paying 5-7k over the reg sticker on the car when it was released. Now many of them are WAY....WAY upside down:(

Agreed about the Z06 as far as the exotic materials go.....it even weighs less than the standard Vette.

Think of it this way.....

A GT500 convertible will tip the scales with driver @4175.....A BMW 750 comes in @ only 200 more:lol:

That's nothing.... When the New Beetle first came out there were dealerships around here selling at a 75% markup. $35K for a that car is highway robbery. But the suckers lined up the buy the things. They don't call em 'stealerships' for nothing I guess.

"Stealership" huh? So these dealerships are holding guns to people's heads to make them buy? I would just call that good business, they are pushing the price demand curve to the limit for that product, and are making more profit for their troubles. Good for them.

Probably most of the people buying them are buying them for the collector value. Most will never be run hard and spend most of their lives in a garage being polished and out on the occasional drive around the town or to shows.

MSRP stands for Manufacturer's SUGGESTED Retail Price. If there are idiots willing to pay over, let 'em. No one will be driving the GT500s or Parnelli Jones special editions anyway...all will be going to collectors. Probably that pron purveyor with the big garage on another post here will be buying all of them.
It is still ugly.

Archived