LegacyGT.com

Best/cheapest way to reduce body roll...

Prod

Without sacrificing street ride quality?

I was thinking sway bars; one of my friends recommended I go springs, sway bars and shocks. :( In an ideal world where I unlimited money and I could run stiff suspension on the track and soften the ride for street use, I would do all that. But I'm wondering, what can I get away with? I have Kuhmo MXs for the street and Dunlop Super Sport Race tires for track use. What can I do so I can get the most out of my tires?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shorter, stiffer springs and matched shocks. Coil-overs if possible. Lower the center of gravity as much as possible. Relocate the battery to a low location in the trunk. Race tires will, of course, increase body roll due to higher cornering "G" loads.

The other alternative which will dramatically reduce body roll is to only drive in a straight line.

Heavy Metal Killed Beethoven

Support Classical Music

I can deal with pitch and dive. My main concern is actual roll. I'm looking for the cheapest possible way to reduce roll without adversely affecting the ride of the car.

I'm not ghey.

:lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Without sacrificing street ride quality?

I was thinking sway bars; one of my friends recommended I go springs, sway bars and shocks. :( In an ideal world where I unlimited money and I could run stiff suspension on the track and soften the ride for street use, I would do all that. But I'm wondering, what can I get away with? I have Kuhmo MXs for the street and Dunlop Super Sport Race tires for track use. What can I do so I can get the most out of my tires?

Front and rear sways over springs...IMO.

or both :)

- Andrew

• 2 years later...

Cheapest = Springs $120-$150

Cheap = JDM or equivalent rear bar $160

Very reasonable = Do both together ~$260+

Moderate = Springs + Front & Rear roll bars (Cusco or Cobb or a similar paired set $360+) --> at this point you won't have ANY roll issues.

Paired Bars + Coilovers

Don't forget urethane bushings --> Relatively cheap, improve agility and increase control

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

I did iON springs and JDM rear roll bar and it still moves too much for me... I came from Honda go-carts that weighed many hundreds of pounds lighter though...

i think you might need more agressive sways front and rear, coupled with better tires, and springs. If you go coilovers you will feel a huge difference as well but drive-ability will be comprimised.

Archived