LegacyGT.com

would anyone be interested in a FG side box for sedans?

16psibrick

Have been getting so desparate about this I was getting ready to go to Tap Plastics and get some FG to build my own. (I do have some experiance with fabrication, I'm just busy). 10" fitment please!

If you guys need another local fit car, I'm in Palo Alto. :icon_bigg

I was in Palo Alto for the spring break to spend time with my uncle.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sweet NH, if he needs to verify an 06 is the same, let me know and I'll drive the SpecB up to him :D

But I'm 98% sure they are the same :D

Finding out that he is sorta local for me, I'm 100% in for 1 and poss 2 since I won't have to pay shipping and can pick them up :D

I'm too excited already.....

I am very exited being part of this form, I want to thank Bing for inviting me here...

As mentioned above,We are very excited about making this enclosure, You are all welcome to check out our other enclosures in our website.

We make the first one and pull a mild off the enclosure. All enclosures are 100% fiberglass and they get sprayed out if a industrial chop gun eliminating any air bubbles and so on. The grade of fiberglass used is the same material they use on architectural load bearing columns.

The enclosure will most likely be desinged like our E46 BMW enclsoure where if you do a 10" it will be nice and flush and if you do a 12" it will be surface mounted. We will be checking out the cars next week. Should get started right away.

Nazar

I am very exited being part of this form, I want to thank Bing for inviting me here...

As mentioned above,We are very excited about making this enclosure, You are all welcome to check out our other enclosures in our website.

We make the first one and pull a mild off the enclosure. All enclosures are 100% fiberglass and they get sprayed out if a industrial chop gun eliminating any air bubbles and so on. The grade of fiberglass used is the same material they use on architectural load bearing columns.

The enclosure will most likely be desinged like our E46 BMW enclsoure where if you do a 10" it will be nice and flush and if you do a 12" it will be surface mounted. We will be checking out the cars next week. Should get started right away.

Nazar

Welcome aboard, I'll be giving you a buzz today :icon_bigg

Today and tomorrow we will be getting ready for HIN in Boston... We have 10 Cars going to the show. Please leave a message if you don't get us at the shop.

Wow, that's SOOO busy man....i won't bug ya yet then. I'll PM you guys and we'll work it out :D

He is actually using my car to make the mold.:cool:

I'm going to try and get my car to him this week so he can get the mold started. Justin has been after me for a few weeks so you can blame me for the delay!!:)

+1 for interest.... I was just gearing up to make my own, but if I can buy one relatively cheap with professional quality, I think that will be the better choice.

Both sides @ 10"

SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

I'm interested, but probably won't be starting any audio work until Fall. If the group buy price is right though, I could pick up one (or two if both sides are available) and hold onto them until then. Keep me posted on the available configurations (10" or 12", passenger or driver side).

• 2 weeks later...

I am VERY interested in a 10" enclosure for both the pass and drivers side. VERY interested. I have been waiting for a friend at a stero shop in town to get free time to make me these exact boxes for about 3 months now, I would GLADLY pay to have them built/shipped by you guys...

Lets get this one going....

stealth mounting that is theft proof/resistant would be a plus, how do these boxes secure to the vehicle? and what terminals are used?

~DPY1

I'm in for either 10" or 12", though 12" would be better.

Side doesn't matter.

Subwoofer included or BYOS?

If not included then, what's the approximate enclosed volume? 1.0 cu.ft.? 1.5 cu.ft.?

And what driver are you building it for?

If I gotta buy a new driver, then I may as well get what the enclosure was built for.

Vir Est Fatum Ut Perficio Concepta Suus Progenies. - Man is destined to fulfill the capacity of his lineage (i.e. Darwinism):rolleyes:

+1 I know the guy that was supposed to go get the box molded hasn't gone up there yet....if that's "superbu" or not I forget.....

But when I get back from Austin, TX it will be one of the first things I do ;)

Archived