LegacyGT.com

Indirect Compliments

So I am having lunch at my daily spot, sit down with my grinder (hogie, sub, .... etc).

Two guys come in after I, sit in the booth in front of me, unaware that the car outside the window was mine.

Their conversation went something like this ....

"What is that thing ?"

"I think it's one of those turbo'd Subarus, it's got the hood scoop"

"Thing looks sharp man"

"Ya, that thing is fast and is luxury too"

... this went on for about 3 or 4 minutes with one guy straining his neck the entire time (building pillar in his way) I just sat back listened and smiled :D

... I love this car

I hope they are not too dissapointed when they check one out at the dealer, since mine has P1s, RBS grill and lip etc. I also saw them looking for bigger brakes ... which are coming, but wish would have come with larger from the factory (at least an option comon!)

Anyways, that's my story, anyone else have any indirect comments made about your car that made your day?

'20 Legacy XT Touring

13 Subarus and counting: http://jmaigroup.com/subarus/

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've gotten tons of comments on my car the last 5 months. Anything from "is that a honda?" to "I didn't know Subaru made cars that sharp." Basically, tons of positive comments or comments of surprise when i tell them its a subaru.

i love the compliments it stil amazes the hell outta me when i am at the gas station and i see ppl walking around my car looking at it and when iwalk up to them all i hear is..." Nice car man" it still gives me the happy feeling hahaha

Pure Adrenaline

Attached...

To A License Plate
:p

I don't know about comments, but every punk on the freeway or street driving a bmw or corvette wants to race me and it was fun beating them for a while, where now I just try my best to ignore them and follow the speed limit lol

:lol: Nice one! I got one of those compliments... from the drive thru at Taco Bell! :lol: Late night snacking and the guy just stares at the car while taking my money and slowly says, "That's a tight ride... What is it???" :D Proudly informed him it was a new Legacy with the turbo-charged engine. Oh... you don't know what a Legacy is? :confused: Ok... it's a S-u-b-a-r-u. :) That helped him out a bit.
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

I never get compliments in public. :(

A guy at work did come up to me a week or so ago and comment on how beautiful the paint was. He said that that is "a really sharp car" and that it has the best looking paintjob he has seen in a while. I had just waxed it about a week earlier.

That made me feel good.

ps - LegGTLT - r those spec b wheels on your avatar??

OT: Yup, '07 spec.B wheels AND car. Just edited one of the press release photos shot by the lake. :icon_bigg Liked the look of it so I stuck it up while waiting for my Pennyracer avatar. :D

Anyways, I think mccorry wins hands down for most original compliment. :lol: I know I sure haven't gotten one about my paint. :icon_tong

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

:lol: Hahahaha :lol: the only thing said about my paint is.. What color is that.... to me its weird that more suby guys dont even notice me on the roads no thumbs up from a WRX or STi its almost like they are the ones who know the least about the car... :lol: at least here in the weird planet called UTAH! :lol:

Pure Adrenaline

Attached...

To A License Plate
:p

oh, btw I once had a wrx wagon guy pull up next to me on the right side on the freeway at ~80mph speed, opened his window, and showed thumbs up and then took off at like a 100 lol

The wife ain't as limber as she used to be.

+1 :lol:

I was in the drive through at the liquor store and the guy was checking out my ride. The next time through, same guy, and he asks, 'what kinda car is that'? All I say to that question is, 'it's a subaru'.

My other car is a 1993 Chevy S-10 Tahoe! (Currently being driven to failure by my nephew)

My favorite compliment is one I didn't get to hear directly. SnoDork took my car to work a couple of weeks ago while I finished his turbo install. One of the girls there asked him where his car was and he said he had mine. Her response: "Oh, that car is SEXY!". Thank you... thank you very much :)

Twice i drove through different McDonald's drive thru, the girls at the drive thru window said my car was hawt! :D since they were ugly as f*ck i took my nuggets and ran....

Once i was napping on my car, heard a bunch of people walking pass my car and 1 guys shouted, "Look! it's the new Legacy!, it looks great!"

And the other time one guy was walking while looking at my car... almost hit a tree right infront of him! :lol: :lol: :lol: DON'T STARE AND WALK!!!

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

Archived