LegacyGT.com

Indirect Compliments

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
First day I had the car someone at the market stopped me as I loaded the groceries and asked me what kind of car it was and a bunch of other questions before concluding he had to go test drive it. Then I had a running conversation with some dude in volkswagen gti as we cruised down the street. At the light I was like, wanna see how fast it is? and then I proceeded to smoke his ass :) All of my friends love it, they all beg for a test-drive. My friend with a 99 legacy eyes it jealously ... the other night I raced a brand spanking new A8L up to 100 mph before he gave up and it turned out we were headed to the same building. He shook his head at me in disbelief when I told him what kind of car it was. Long story short, nothing but love, jealousy, and admiration (I can only hope any future girlfriend or wife inspires this kind of reaction :lol:)
...sporting the hottest Legacy on the westside of my block:icon_bigg

If they ask, I tell most people it's just a Subaru Legacy, a nice family car. Then, if they are interested, (and I know them well enough) I take them for a ride. All are usually stunned by the end but usually babble something like "wow" or "geez, this thing is fast" or, "nice".... It's fun.

I got one recently at the sub shop. The guy that owns the place (nice guy every time I'm there) said it was a nice looking car. I usually park around the side so you can't see it inside but that day I parked in front of the entrance.

I must be doing something right

Walked into DD this am, hottie outside

"Is that the new Impreza?"

"No, it's the Legacy"

"They are like the same thing though right?"

"Not really, this is the next sized up ... and faster"

"Oh, well I really like it, looks really good!"

:D

.... if only I was single again ...

'20 Legacy XT Touring

13 Subarus and counting: http://jmaigroup.com/subarus/

I must be doing something right

Walked into DD this am, hottie outside

"Is that the new Impreza?"

"No, it's the Legacy"

"They are like the same thing though right?"

"Not really, this is the next sized up ... and faster"

"Oh, well I really like it, looks really good!"

:D

.... if only I was single again ...

WTF is wrong with you?!

You tell her she should meet some of your friends. Get her name and number and then get together with some local members and hook someone up. Do we need to hold your hand when you cross the street too?! Damn n00bs! :p

WTF is wrong with you?!

You tell her she should meet some of your friends. Get her name and number and then get together with some local members and hook someone up. Do we need to hold your hand when you cross the street too?! Damn n00bs! :p

:lol: :lol:

only compliment from costco tire guy. they remember me whenever i go by there.

An aquaintance of mine kept telling asking me about the Saturn Ion? I was like WTF? Blasphemy! I drive a Subaru Legacy. It may only be a 2.5i, however. So I tell him that calling my Legacy an Ion would be like me calling his 2005 VW Jetta a Ford Focus... Maybe even a Toyota Corolla on the right angle. I set him straight. There will be no more misnomers from now on.

:lol: Hahahaha :lol: the only thing said about my paint is.. What color is that.... to me its weird that more suby guys dont even notice me on the roads no thumbs up from a WRX or STi its almost like they are the ones who know the least about the car... :lol: at least here in the weird planet called UTAH! :lol:

Same experience here. I drove a WRX with a v5 STi spoiler, and saw necks snap in my direction, and could always get a wave. In the wife's LGT, no one in a Subie seems to want to wave back. The SLC Subie scene has yet to realize that these LGT's are t3h f4st4r3r.

If my wife ever sees another LGT, she waves pretty frantically. Ouback XT, not so much.

Never start modding, kids. It's too late for me, save yourselves!

Hooray for 07+ AccessPORT!

I got alot of complements from a mechanic at the place i go for smog checks and oil changes. He was more impressed with the 2.5 liter turbocharged engine than the looks of the car. He did say he liked the looks too.

Yeah, WRX guys seem to be lame about waving to the Legacies. I drive a LGT and I always wave to WRX's, as well as other Suby's if the people look like they take pride in their car. But in the off chance I see another LGT it's both hands waving, knee on the wheel.

Unfortunately the poon train seems to have missed me though. I'm in an '05 LGT, obsidion black, tinted windows, blackouts, mod'd grill...somebody would think I could get a girl's eye.

But I digress, back to compliments. I was pulling into an autocross event a week or so ago and a guy with a Cobra kit car walked over and said, and I quote: "Man, I knew they wre makin' some changes to the new WRX but it doesn't look nearly as squaty as before...in fact, it's pretty nice." I let him continue on, about how they traded agressiveness for sophistication, etc, before I finally cued him in. The real kicker is he did one or two walk-arounds, right past the Legacy 2.5GT badges and never noticed.

Classic.

Also, I have had several people think it's an Acura. We have the "L7" badges (the wife chose pink, natch) on, and dark tint/smoked tails & corners, so it just looks like a high-end Japanese sports sedan. I guess I'm OK with that, but I liked the unique (well, unless you count the Evo) look of the WRX.

Never start modding, kids. It's too late for me, save yourselves!

Hooray for 07+ AccessPORT!

I wrote this earlier but I thought I'd send it around again. Read the guy's comment slowly and think of a small town (Stuarts Draft) in Central Virginia.

I was at the supermarket yesterday and I saw this old man (about 60) staring at my car and as I approached he asked me " Is that one of them, their, fast Subaroo's ?". I said it was pretty fast (with a big smile) , he nodded and got into his old pickup and drove away.

I was impressed that he even knew something about the "fast" Subaru's because he didn't look like the kind of guy who would paid attention to those kind of things. Oh well, it was a good feeling to have someone acknowledge this, especially in a small town of 8500.

All I've taken from this thread so far: People that work at fast food joints really like the Legacy.

+2 Sad but true... saaaad but true...:lol:

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Archived