LegacyGT.com

Indirect Compliments

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've had many compliments on the Spec B, but I guess the one that stands out was the convenience store clerk (not fast food!) that said he thought it was some kind of BMW. He knows better now.

All I've taken from this thread so far: People that work at fast food joints really like the Legacy.

right on. i thought i would get to the end and get that in first.

on the flip side, got to pick up my new division VP at the airport in the LGT, and as soon as he got in he was like "oh, this is the fast one. is that a short throw shifter?" major respect now - i mean not bad for a 45 year old exec that can and does drive anything he wants. up until then, with as many subarus there are here in MN, nobody knows what the heck it is. of course he makes heaps of money and has a garage full of nice cars.

i didn't see one on a week business trip to orange county.

if you get Esquire mag, it's in their top cars under $50k this month.

My wife really likes it which is unusual as she doesn't like many cars at all.

However, the only way her head bobs up and down inside the car nowadays is when I do some bad shifts :(

You chose the screen name before you got married?

LOL!

I feel like I'm completely invisible. I see WRX's and periodically STI's and usually try to make contact, but rarely if ever get any response. no one ever seems to want to "challenge" (not that I'm necessarily looking).

Maybe it's because I've got a wagon (with the only exterior mod being tint). I bet the sedans generally get more looks....

I bet the sedans generally get more looks....

Maybe... maybe not. I try to wave or say hi sometimes to other STi's or WRX's but usually just receive the straight ahead stare.

As for compliments, my buddy just bought an '05 G35 6sp and liked my Red/Taupe combo so much he got the same color combo. :icon_bigg So, I guess thats somewhat of an indirect compliment. :) Now I just have to educate him on why AWD is better... even though he's convinced his 298HP is "almighty and superior".:icon_tong Pssssstttt... you only drive two wheels.:lol:

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Now I just have to educate him on why AWD is better... even though he's convinced his 298HP is "almighty and superior".:icon_tong Pssssstttt... you only drive two wheels.:lol:

:rolleyes:

AWD isn't the end all, be all of driving performance. It has a distinct advantage in some conditions/surfaces. For all out performance sports performance, I'd take a RWD over anything else.

Pssssstttt: You have a heavy and less efficient drive train

I must be doing something right

Walked into DD this am, hottie outside

"Is that the new Impreza?"

"No, it's the Legacy"

"They are like the same thing though right?"

"Not really, this is the next sized up ... and faster"

"Oh, well I really like it, looks really good!"

:D

.... if only I was single again ...

Whoa, you stud.

:rolleyes:

AWD isn't the end all, be all of driving performance. It has a distinct advantage in some conditions/surfaces. For all out performance sports performance, I'd take a RWD over anything else.

Pssssstttt: You have a heavy and less efficient drive train

Did I miss something? :confused: I believe I stated he thought more HP meant automatically faster... not I believe that AWD is the "end all, be all of driving performance." Gee... what I was going for was the distinct advantage I believe goes to the LGT vs. the G35 when going from 0-60. Comparing the actual results you get from the stated HP is what I was trying to explain. Although the G35 is rated at 298HP does not make it an automatically faster car. That is all I was trying to say! :icon_tong Sorry to be out of line...:rolleyes::icon_bigg

Meh, AWD might be heavier, but the LGT is lighter than any G35.

Maybe I should have just stated that rather then trying to tell a story...:)

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Archived