LegacyGT.com

LGT average numbers against competition

OK i agree that ALL of the competition is stepping up there game......but when does a 14.1 1/4 beat a 13.4 1/4?

How often does a stock LGT run a 13.4 1/4 mile?

Trap speed is also 2-4 mph faster for almost all of the midsize competition, thanks to more power and less drivetrain loss. In situations where the Subaru won't be able to launch at 4K or higher and shifted perfectly, the difference in power getting to the ground will be even more pronounced.

Yes, the LGT is great thanks to the turbo for the aftermarket, but that can't be used as a sales pitch for the general public. The LGT is going to be down 1HP-37HP down in power versus most of the competition right now, nevermind in a year or two.

Subaru finally introduced turbos across their model lineup. Competition is caught up powerwise. With Subaru being small as it is, will it be able to compete?

And check out the fuel economy on the camry. Car is heavier than the Legacy, has more power, and gets 22/31 with an automatic transmission for fuel economy.

Yes, there are many reasons to choose a LGT over a Camry, but for Subaru to grow, to enter the luxury segment, and keep sales up, they just can't sell to enthusiasts, especially when Subaru splits the market with the WRX being offered.

2006 VW Passat 3.6L automatic

14.3 sec @ 101

2006 Toyota Camry V6 automatic

14.6 @ 97.3

2007 Altima is gaining 10HP (actually more like "20" because of switch to SAE standard) and 55 pounds. Should be equal if not a tenth or two faster in the 1/4, low 14s at near 100mph.

2006 Accord Sedan V6 manual

14.3 @ 96

Fusion and Mazda6 are getting a 250HP-265HP 3.5L V6 for 2007 model year

Hmm, Legacy GT is going to be average in terms of acceleration, and that's with a manual transmission and a fairly aggressive AWD launch to boot. Time for Subaru to free up another 20HP or so. 243HP isn't going to cut it with the competition, especially when it comes to passing power.

-B

I think they already have, given that the turbo 2.5 shows 15% more output at the wheels than the "250hp" H6.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

• 2 weeks later...

Have you all forgotten that subie likes to underrate its engines and performance especially in light of the STI market.

I swore I read in one of the press releases that the "Sport" mode of the SI-Drive in the 07 will have performance similar to the 06 Spec.B, if we magazine race that means low 5s to 60 and high 13 1/4s, which should make the sport# mode a tenth or two faster. Just a hunch, they have to step up...

Subaru could increase power, increase drivability (more power off-boost thanks to higher compression) lower emissions, and improve fuel economy across their turbo line. For the STI, they could concentrate purely on boosting power.

Yeah. I've been wondering that as well. VW/Audi and Mazda are all over that technology. There seems to be little, if any, "down-side" to using direct injection... Why not get with the times??

Well with Subaru now developing diesel engines, it would be logical to conclude they would be working on direct injection as well. Whether they will apply it to gasoline fueled models is another story.

Archived