LegacyGT.com

Alright, if Subaru releases the 2008 Legacy STI, are YOU trading up to it?

Trade your current Legacy/LegacyGT in for a 2008 Legacy STI?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Trade your current Legacy/LegacyGT in for a 2008 Legacy STI?

• Hell Yes!! GIVE IT TO ME!
    • No, I like my Leggie I've got
    • I'm too poor to think about that.

I dunno.

I am thinking 2007 GT Limited. I think Spec B will be about the limit the budget could take, but I am not holding my breath for the spec B stats. (although we will see tommorrow, when it is unveiled at the NYIAS...)

I don't think I could wait ANOTHER year to buy an STI Legacy, especially it it is in the mold of the Spec B, with a high MSRP for the features mandatorily added.

Although if somehow I miraculously got a much better paying job (like on the order of 2x or 3x the salary, perhaps I could consider it. Or if my upcoming 07 Legacy gets demolished somehow (which is something I AM NOT hoping for), and I need a new car in a year after already buying one.

An LGT Limited is going to be right down the line, the Spec B might be a tad expensive for my wife's idea of a new car price, even though the Miata will be paid off in 5 weeks from now, and the truck is going on the block.

The wife is thinking it might be more comfortable financially to wait until october for a new Legacy, where I was planning on delivery on or before my 29th Birthday in late August, and haven't given up that plan just yet. We still have some revised figuring to do.

Although the last time we took the truck on a trip, she got very uncomfortable, and the noise and rough ride made her a bit motion-sick. She was very close to wanting to go to Omaha and buying whatever Legacy GT we could find on the lot.... Plus she wants to travel to Ohio sometime before next winter. A Legacy will be much better to travel with than a Ranger 4x4, or a Miata...

I cannot imagine that she nor I would be excited about taking a one year trade-in depreciation hit between an 07 LGT and a rumored 08 STI Legacy.

If circumstances were different I might hold out for an STI. If it is WRB, and built to rumored specs, it will be one helluva car, and I will probably secretly want it very badly. In the real world I think an 07 Legacy is going to be the most practical option.

Just guessing here....

2004 WRX was about $25k

2004 WRX STi was about $32k...difference of $7k vs WRX

so...if the "STi package" (about $7k from above) is added on the the non-limited Legacy GT (retail $27k for manual) =

$34k+ for a "non-limited" Legacy GT STi??...this is a pretty good price :D

In Taiwan now...:spin:

There is no way they would make the LGT STi more powerful than the WRX STi. It would be a marketing problem for them.

My guess is that they would do a STi swap like most people here have done, add better handling (better than specB) and a bunch of bling.

We can dream all day about a H6TT or a TSH6 but it isn't going to happen. :iam:

Well, I love my 05 GT 5mt wagon, but if the STI comes here, and it is available in a wagon with a manual transmission (6sp desired, but will accept a 5sp), AND there is a significant improvement in the handling characteristics over my car, then without doubt I will be selling my current GT for the GT STI. Oh, yeah, this car has to take 17's for winter wheels.

However, no manual wagon, NO way. I am pretty happy with my car - just need to improve the suspension.

Yeah i definately don't see the lgt sti (if it is available here) having more hp than a wrx sti. I would like to see it have maybe 280 HP and tighter suspension, plus as mentioned above, more bling. I couldn't see trading in my car right now but hopefully a future generation legacy sti is in my future.

There is no way they would make the LGT STi more powerful than the WRX STi. It would be a marketing problem for them.

why? its not like the sti has a deep-rooted historical significance to subaru like a corvette does with gm

bmw has an m3, but they also have an m5; infiniti has a g35, but they also have an m45

subaru has indicated it wants to go upscale, so there is nothing self-defeating in introducing a larger, more mature performance-oriented sedan. if anything, it sets the stage for the larger, mid-sized platform they long to bring to market within the next decade.

i will just sit back and salivate... I don't think that I will swap as soon as it comes out, however, I will definately get the nxt evolution of the car, whatever that may be...(gotta wait at lest a year for the bugs to get worked out)

also, i think subaru has to be careful that they don't price themselves out of their segment (read: svx). I will keep my fingers crossed in the meantime.

Archived