LegacyGT.com

So who wrote to C&D for the month of May?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
love their response..

becuause an 04 legacy didnt do well, therefore an 06 model wouldnt even be considered? Uh okay assholes, now put the 06 up agaisnt a tsx and s40 and see how that turns out...

You do realize that in October of '04 they would have been testing the '05 Legacy GT. Right?

The idiots at C&D like leather and quite ride more then anything. They have aways had a grudge against subies. Who the hell would pay more to buy the slower S40 that is really a ford? TSX has no all-wheel drive? Some of us go into the snow, ya know.

Road and track did our car much better justice in their AWD sedan test. I don't think our car is perfect, but I wouldn't be caught dead in a Volvo.

My issue with that is they tested the limited edition, sportier tuned (suspension wise) Spec B, when the others were just the standard model. Although it does show the potential, it was a tad unfair.

My issue with that is they tested the limited edition, sportier tuned (suspension wise) Spec B, when the others were just the standard model. Although it does show the potential, it was a tad unfair.

[KaaKaaMan] Hello the SpecB is out of the price range. [/KaaKaaMan]

I keed I keeed

what's funny is the same month that c&D article came out in '04 where the legacy lost to the volvo and acura.... R&T did an article where the legacy spanked the TSX.

Why the hell do i fund C&D's Honda/BMW love? That magazine infuriates me

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

this is from the October 2005 $35,000 sport sedan shoot out... The bmw won... despite all of this

BMWs win many of our comparison tests for the same reason marathoners prefer running shoes to mukluks. They just work better for the task at hand.

Our 330i labored hard to lose. The electrical ticks began shortly after it was delivered. The new 3-series has a push-button start. Ours would work only after several exasperated pushes and fiddling with the key. Why, we wondered in the free moments this created, must you even insert the "key" into the dash when many push-button systems, including the IS350's, allow the radio-transmitting key fob to roam free?

Then the ABS lamp lit. We tried to execute one stop on our high-desert test road and nearly executed a 360 spin at 70 mph instead (thus, our braking number is from a previous test). Shortly thereafter several airbag-malfunction warnings lit up. Maybe it was just a coincidence.

Even with its dash ablaze in emergency alerts, the 330i wormed its way into our hearts...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I, In fact produced that Legacy loving piece of grammatically correct hate mail, which, by addressing issues of a serious matter with hatefully whimsical glee, was not only put in the page for automotive protests, but also edited by the C&D editors. The edited part asked why automobile and homo sapien monthly (C&D) blatantly refuses to put more than an insignificant blurb in their "car website" (read:biased banter spreader) concerning the LGT. Thank you, and have a nice day.

Thank you, Flyboy333 for representin'

And I gave up on C&D a few years ago for this sort of shallow behavior/writing.

How many times can you say "there is no real winner, they're all good, you'll have to choose for yourself"? Or "Despite it's flaws/sub-par performance/whatever else, we still love this particular car/brand, and will proceed to gush over it, and rate it undeservedly high, even in a statistics deficit.

Tripe.

"How About the Legacy GT finishing third behind an Acura TSX and Volvo S40 in our October '04 comparo?"

That is supposed to be a reason for disqualification from any other tests? What BS is that? It is hard for text to sound as incredulous as I mean that to sound...

How about: "We don't like it, or many Subaru's in general, and it would embarrass our slanted and fixed comparisons, so we chose to ignore it, we hope no one would notice. Since you called us on it, we came up with this lame excuse... [proceed with previously quoted BS]"

WHAT the HELL C/D? I think im canceling my subscribtion to car and driver, they have some new guys on staff i think and it as just gonecompletely downhill in the past two years. I mean road and track rates the legacy second when it all respects it should ahve been first, i mean really (motortrend rates it high was well). C and D must have some sort of beef with SOA right now or something, really. That they said the clutch is heavy, this is one of the LIGHTEST clutches i have ever driven. the interior is one of the nicest, and the car can hold its own. I would be happy to have this car with its soft ride over a harder rideing suspension that will allow me to go a couple mph more thanks ...
I love my car ... basically.

AND i think i will write a letter to them saying i will be canceling my subscription in favor of Road and Track and Motortrend, magazines that actually judges cars, and doesnt already know what car they are going to choice to win before they even drive them; and stop comparing everything to Fing BMW's. BMW ... i HATE their handling, i know its suppose to be sooo sooo great, but its really not. They are WAY overrated and completely not worth it.

Rant off ... hahaha

I love my car ... basically.

Archived