LegacyGT.com

07 Ford GT 500....40-45k....Yea Right!

My father really wanted the new Mustang GT when it came out. I told him to hold off & wait for the Cobra model in a year or two.

He was told the car would be between 40-45k & was second on the list @ a Major Ford SVO dealer. They were to be getting 4 of them **2 Coupe & 2 drop tops**

He was just contacted this past week from the dealership with the following information.

"Due to the extremely high demand for the vehicle dealers are setting a "Market Adjustment" to their alotted cars".

Although this is not a practice endorsed by Ford motor company you must know this is a very special vehicle.

Are you sitting down....The avg market adjustment on the 07 GT500..........

10-15K..........:eek:

50-60K for a Mustang......:lol::lol:

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Tell your dad to wait at the end of the years run or for the 08 SVTs. All the folks that "must have" are the idiots that will be paying 10k over sticker. There is a planned run of about 7,000 models from what I remember reading. That is more than enough for a good amount of left over inventory for the end of the year.

Just like the '03 and '04 Cobras... When those first hit the show room floor folks were paying 5-10k over sticker just to be the first few folks to own one. There were lots left at the end of the year to buy at sticker or at invoice.

I'll be waiting till early '08 or early '09 to pick up a leftover.

They axed the SVT Lightning citing that it would cost too much to produce :( I loved that truck.

They axed the SVT Focus citing that it was not a huge seller. That was a sweet little car. Especially when you dropped an '03/'04 Cobra drivetrain into that sumama bitch!! That thing should have been 4wd from the start just like they have in Europe!!!

They held off on production on the SVT Shelby Cobra GT500 for a model year to fully develop the car. I really hate that they added the Shelby and GT500 name to it. IMO it should remain the SVT Mustang Cobra and be the most affordable sports car made under 35,000.

Ford still has a Performance dealer network....formally known as SVT dealers.

Pops is really pissed over the whole deal....I just told him last night to just get a 08 Challenger SRT8 or wait for the new SS Camaro.

I actually gave him a pretty hard pitch last night for a 06 GTO.

You can get them loaded for under 32k:)

He does want performance but he also wants a "look" the GTO just isn't for him;)

Tell him to hold out. Back when I was on the Mach 1 Mustang forums, I remember when the Mach 1 first came out there was a mark up of about $5K, by mid way though the model year they were going for around invoice and at the end of the model year, people were getting them for a one or two thousand under invoice because of incentives.

No.... the Dealers are being very careful this time around....no buyers order just a SVT Preferred Purchaser #.

He offered to put $$ down & they said it was not necessary.

I just got off the phone with him & he's totally pissed!

He talked with the dealers GM...He basically told Pop's try to get one elsewhere.

The market sets the price...as the stickers say "Mfr suggested retail price" ""with the high demand for the vehicle in some areas the car is getting up to 70K"

:lol::lol:

Wukindada,

Hey if your dad want's to buy one of these cars, you should look at other dealerships. Look in the Midwest, the mark up over MSRP douchebaggery doesn't quite fly as well out here. It may cost a little bit to get the car shipped, or fly out to pick it up, but he'll still save some money.

Of course if he has any interest in an M5, M6, or M3 I won't treat him that way. I will get you to buy a BMW from me one day.

It is a sweet car but i wouldn't pay more than 40,000 for a mustang.

+1 If it ends up being more than $40,000 I'm going to cry. Then quickly get over it and proceed to buy a bike. :icon_bigg

All SVT dealers I've visited are really cocky when the new SVTs come out. Don't let that rush your decision to scoop one of these up in fear of them not being available again. Remember there will be another model year!

Also, if you didn't know already... SVT has been known to change or add things throughout the model year. I would say it would be in your dads best intrest to wait out a model year.

99 Cobra - Had issues of producing the advertised 320hp. TSB was released to replace exhaust, intake manifold and computer.

00 Cobra - This model was skipped due to problems faced with the 99 Cobra.

01 Cobra - Changed headlight design to "smoked lenses". Changed rear bumper with Cobra lettering rather than Mustang found on the 99. Changed radio from two single din units to a double din unit. Changed interior seating design. Fixed performance problems found in 99

02 Cobra - Skipped model year

03 Cobra - The "Terminator" Mustang is now supercharged. Iron block instead of an all aluminum block. Rear bumper design was changed. Front bumper design was changed. Hood design was changed. Wheel design was changed. Interior seating design was changed. Rear end half shafts are beefier to support more power and eliminate wheel hop.

04 Cobra - Mystic Cobra released

The 99-03 Lightning also went through many changes through it's run including appearance updates, performance updates (increased horsepower), and suspension updates.

I was never a Ford fan to begin with and I don't know if I would ever buy one to tell you the truth.

I love the pony war scene and if GM puts up the new Z28 in 2008/9 I will be VERY interested in that. By that point my LGT will be about 4 years old with about 50k miles and will be paid off. So I will see what is on the market and where my life is but it will surely be a time for a RWD toy :)

I would go Mopar before Ford.

i saw the new "saleen" muskrats at the dealer so i stopped to check the details... they had the "stage 1's". it had a whopping 30 more hp and a 45k price tag!!!! ouch!

do people really buy these?

Yes, a lot of die hard mustang fans that are wealthy do. If I had the money to burn... I would.

in 2008/9 ... my LGT will be about 4 years old with about 50k miles and ...

That's it? Gee, after 4 years of ownership my car should have about 120,000 miles on it...

PS, forget that Ford dealer.

The other day I was passed, really fast, by a "Limited Edition by Roush Racing" '05/6 Mustang that was black with red stripes that had flames cut out of them. I passed it about 2 minutes later; and wouldn't you know it!

That car looks like it's fast even when it's stopped...

on the side of the road...

with two Cop cars behind it, and one in front...

(the stupid shall be punished)

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

If my dad's new V6 mustang, and the stats on the Shelby GT 500 (no Cobra ANYWHERE in the name, but snake badges... go figure.)

It would be a crime to sell this car over 37k. Yeah, lots of horsepower, I get it.

But it is slated to have three big things. New bodywork. Kits will be available within weeks of release if not BEFORE release, to make any S197 Mustang look like a Shelby. or worse.

6MT. Ok. But not exactly groundbreaking.

5.4 Supercharged 32 Valve V8. 475 Horsepower estimated. Ok. That will be the big seller, but die-hard mustangers live to mod, and mod to live. They'll be getting 500hp out of the 3-valve 5-liter motor anyway, for far less cash than the 45k sticker on the Shelby is rumored to be, let alone for "market adjustment" over that.

It has a FRAKKING live axle. Between that, the sheer curb weight (and size, this is no quarter horse. Clidesdale (sp?) is more like it.) and the cheap interior materials (they make a Legacy 'feel' like a Lexus inside) I wouldn't buy it.

And I used to be a mustang FREAK! So for me to pan this new high end mustang is not due to anti-Ford or anti-domestic attitudes. I wanted to love this new mustang that looks so much better than the 90's cars.

I although have recently been bitten by a small little bug wanting me to find and restore an 80's fox body mustang or capri with T-tops, and somehow fit an IRS, a roll hoop/chassis bracing, and twin-turbo'd modular OHC V8 in it... Yeah, that would be one hell of a ride. Light, RWD, sorted chassis, and probably north of 600 horsepower. Potentially very dangerous. Done up right, it probably could handily embarrass a stock 3900lb Shelby GT500...

I used to have a craptastic fox mustang as the first car I bought, and my dad had a 79 Capri when I was a little kid, and always wanted a really first-class one, like an SVO, or a 93 Cobra, and always liked the look of T-tops in those cars, especially with the frameless side windows (full-roof cars had framed windows... not as cool), and the glass sail-panels of the 87-93 cars.

...the cheap interior materials (they make a Legacy 'feel' like a Lexus inside) ...

I haven't had a chance to sit in the new Mustangs, but it the interior of my '01 felt so cheap. I felt like I was sitting in a cabin made out of tupperware! Going to the Legacy deffinetly made me feel like I was sitting in a Legacy.

I haven't had the chance to sit in the new Mustangs, but if it's worse than my '01... No thanks!

I want to get an '89 - '93 Fox and drop a mod motor in it. I'm in love with that bodystyle.

The interior on the 05s is designed well enough (except for the stretch armstrong reach to the non-telescoping steering wheel) but just not finished very well.

It fits and looks really good. the car is tight and solid, something that hasn't been the case for a long time, if ever. (even the convertible...) and getting in, it looks very inviting and quite cool. it even drives quite well. My dad's is the 4.0 SOHC v6 TRUCK motor. (I have a derivative of the same engine in my 2000 RANGER for pete's sake!) They couldn't have used the Lincoln LS's V6? or even their 4.0-4.2 V8 for the base model?

When you sit down... you realize you can't reach the steering wheel, which now looks like it is 6 feet in front of you, and an inch in front of the gauges, and you have to find the spot on the seat track where the arms reach, but the legs aren't folded up too much. That is the only real ergonomic problem

The molded plastics on the door panels and the dash pad are heavily grained, and feel very hard and rough. not a great combination. Not nearly as cheap looking as ford's previous plastic interiors, though. Way better looking than my ranger or my old mustang, but still not nice to the touch in a different way. Ford interiors used to feel hard, somewhat smooth, and cold. This is just inflexible and almost fine-grit sand-paper rough, and obviously very low gloss.

The tactile nature of the interior is nowhere near as nice as the interior "looks". But maybe it is just my taste, and I am very picky. It is fairly obvious that interior materials are where they cut the costs on the project. Even the GT's red leather premium option was rough and grainy to the touch, despite looking very nice.

If ford would just use some softer-touch vinyl on the surfaces, I think it would go a lot further. The legacy's leather seats and vinyl dash are positively plush and luxurious by comparison.

I've always been a Mustang guy, and still have an '89 LX, that "back in the day" ran 11's and was a magazine feature car. I just can't get exited about the '05s. 50 grand will buy a lot of car, and I'd spend it elswhere before buying a GT500. A used '03-04 Cobra for $20k might be another story. What I'm really looking for is a clean, stock 89-93 LX sedan for the right price. A 392 crate motor w/ a turbo, and stock exterior sounds like fun... :D

Archived