LegacyGT.com

Shelby GT-350 versus LGT Wagon

I was watching the Barret Auto auction the other day while A GT-500 was sold for 160+k. It reminded me of the day when I raced a GT-350. I looked up an old road test of the GT-350. Zero- 60 in the 7s. My ,how times have changed. A stock LGT could have dominated Trans Am or IMSA, In style. I guess everybody knows how much I hate the LGT brakes. The GT-350 was a both foot car. To stop well required Both feet and a good seating position, at least until the brakes got really hot.:icon_twis
"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

First car I drove after I got my license was a 1965 GTO. With drum brakes, manual steering and bias ply tires. No AC or cruise. It got about 12 mpg and required Premium, which cost me as much as 35.9 cents per gallon! The clutch made a man out of you.

It was my brother's and he got rid of it after it got stolen twice. A Porsche 911S had 210 hp or so, in the day. And had 205/70x15 tires, as I recall. These humble Subarus are rockets by comparison to most cars of that day.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Cheapest I remember paying for fuel was .87 a gallon back in high school. My ex fiancee was in my car with me one time and Todo came on the radio. She had never once heard the song "Africa". I'm not that old, but at times I feel ancient.

My father is 53 years old now, at times I feel that we are the same age :(

Young wives rock!

Mine's 27.

i've got you beat.. mine's 22 :icon_tong (not technically my wife until july though..)

and yeah, i remember paying under 80 cents for gas in high school as well --- but not for very long. Seemed like thier was one summer where a lot of local gas stations has a price war so that meant a lot of cheap gas was available.

Archived