LegacyGT.com

The Mazdaspeed 6 Triumph

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Its edmunds, who cares....

Unless your a blue-haired granny looking to upgrade her tercel why are you reading that crap.

You could believe Edmunds or you could believe the Road & Track comparo article in April's issue (where the MS6 got wiped and the LGT Spec B came in a very close second, fastest overall) or you could believe your own seat-of-the-pants impression.

My previous car was a 99 Mazda ES-V6.

I wanted a car with manual, nav, reliability, and SAFETY. The Mazda 6 didn't do well in the IIHS side-impact safety test. The Legacy was a "Gold Medal" best pick.

With an unproven engine in the MZ6, iffy safety scores, fewer aftermarket mods, etc., etc., the choice was a no-brainer.

The Spec B is far from perfect but it's a helluva lot better than the Mazdaspeed 6.

ok sure the mazda 6 MAY be a tad bit better than the LGT. but when it comes to the question, "WHAT WOULD YOU RATHER SEE YOURSELF DRIVING?" lets see how many people would rather pick the 6 over the LGT. ERR! ZERO!

haha...

same polls as they did back then between the Ford Explorer and the Jeep Grand Cherokee. The explorer by far was better rated than the Jeep and about at least $10k less, but when consumers were asked "what would you rather buy?" 70% chose the Jeep.

in short... reviews are just nothing more than reviews, but given the same pricing, i'd pick the AWD over the 6 anyday. (and btw, i DID!)

-- yay for the sig! --

my garage!

To be honest, I do like the bold look of the MS6, but then again I bought an Outback with body cladding stuck all over it...

Oh, Road and Track has some neat videos of these (and other AWD sport sedans) on this page: http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=31&article_id=3280

Awesome videos!!!

Great comparo!!! I must say I drove the A4 2.0T Quattro with the S package, and I was really impressed (even with 'just' 200bhp) but the problem is always down the road if you keep the car too long, reliability!!!!!!

So I decided on the LGT!!!

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

The article makes a very strong case for the Mazda. I think as a daily family car, the Subaru is probably the more reliable choice. And as a premium performance machine, the Mazda is probably a better choice (probably the cars that the Subaru should be compared to are other family cars.) So the Subaru is better in some ways and the Mazda in others. Fair?

The article makes a very strong case for the Mazda. I think as a daily family car, the Subaru is probably the more reliable choice. And as a premium performance machine, the Mazda is probably a better choice (probably the cars that the Subaru should be compared to are other family cars.) So the Subaru is better in some ways and the Mazda in others. Fair?

please leave the keys to your lgt on the table on your way out

Mazda is the premium performance machine? You mean the one with the intercooler that overheats after you floor it twice? Yep, that's performance!

Meanwhile, back at the Subaru farm, you get a real engine with an umlimited upgrade path that can be anywhere from mildly warmed over to "OMG I'm scared of the car now" levels of power. There's no waiting - bolt on whatever you can afford to do, any time you're ready.

That's why I bought a Subaru!

who ever chose MS6 over LGT should get shot :D

Twice!

Did they remember to put the ice and race gas in the MS6 to get the premium performance out of it? :lol:

Thank you for your keen insight, Dash. I think he has made the point more intelligently and cogently that I could. It's nice to see that there are such intelligent people on this site.

And by the way, I'm totally flattered at the Four-Star rating (an excellent one!) that you have all given this site!

the mazda is such a superior car...i regret buying my car. legacy gt sucks...it's just too slow and ugly. what was i thinking? kaka boy...you're right and i'm glad you've made me realize the reality of the subaru legacy. maybe the clutch on the mazda will smell better...

had my 1st encounter with a MS6 this morning. the guy must have noticed me because all that I saw was a typical Mazda 6 buzzing next to me like an annoying fly. when the guy "pulled" on me a couple of cars (without me accelerating mind you) I noticed the MazdaSpeed6 emblem on the left rear bumper and the twin pipes looked bigger.

I realize that my LGT doesn't represent a stocker, but the ease at which the MS6 was dispatched tells me that a decent Honda Accord V-6 (sedan or coupe) could walk it on the top end. It was a complete dog with fleas starting at highway cruising speed.

Archived