LegacyGT.com

The Mazdaspeed 6 Triumph

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
had my 1st encounter with a MS6 this morning.

:(

The only ones I see around here (and I've only seen 2 !!!) are either (A) parked or (B) with a total non-enthusiast (read: fashion victim) driving. :(

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

It was a complete dog with fleas starting at highway cruising speed.

maybe the other driver didn't want to go too fast, for fear of burning off his fake tail pipes

Way to restrain yourself!!! With great power...comes great responsibility.

my car prays to BOXRPWR's car three times a day

the mazda is such a superior car...i regret buying my car. legacy gt sucks...it's just too slow and ugly. what was i thinking? kaka boy...you're right and i'm glad you've made me realize the reality of the subaru legacy. maybe the clutch on the mazda will smell better...

Thank you for your valuable insight, phuz....

It's the intelligent insights of people liek phuz and Dash that will keep me coming back to this site again, and again, and again.

I have a 2005 LGT Ltd with STS. The only change thus far to my car was to dump the stock tires and put on Goodyear F-1 GS/D3's - a terrific upgrade. I'm considering (w/help of dealer) additional suspension upgrades...

....or should I just stop with the useless tweaks to an already excellent car, revel in the imrproved traction and roadholding with my Goodyear F1 tires, declare victory and just put that money into a good mutual fund....???

already excellent car

excellent car

astute observation, kaa kaa, i couldn't agree with you more:woowoo:

astute observation, kaa kaa, i couldn't agree with you more:woowoo:

Thank you Knoxville. It's a pleasure to see that some feel strongly enough about my postitive contributions to these posts that they take it upon themseslves to spend all afternoon researching them. Really, folks, I don't deserve all this praise!

And yes, I do think the LGT is "excellent" -- in the same class as the excellent Honda Accord, the excellent Hyundai Sonata and the excellent Ford Fusion. Of course, it's just not the performance machine the Mazdaspeed 6 is -- but just because the Mazda outerperforms the LGT, that doesn't mean that the LGT isn't a safe, reliable and thoroughly practical family car.

dude, you're gonna get flamed for that last comment about how the mazda "outperforms" the LGT. fair warning ..

Never having driven a mazdaspeed6 before, I can't really speak to how good they are, or how bad. I can say with utter certainty, however, that I love my LGT for so many different reasons that it would take a WHOLE LOT to make me acknowledge the MS6 as better. The end.

Thank you Knoxville. It's a pleasure to see that some feel strongly enough about my postitive contributions to these posts that they take it upon themseslves to spend all afternoon researching them. Really, folks, I don't deserve all this praise!

And yes, I do think the LGT is "excellent" -- in the same class as the excellent Honda Accord, the excellent Hyundai Sonata and the excellent Ford Fusion. Of course, it's just not the performance machine the Mazdaspeed 6 is -- but just because the Mazda outerperforms the LGT, that doesn't mean that the LGT isn't a safe, reliable and thoroughly practical family car.

Must..... not..... feed..... trolls.... AARRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!

:lol:

SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

Thank you Knoxville. It's a pleasure to see that some feel strongly enough about my postitive contributions to these posts that they take it upon themseslves to spend all afternoon researching them.

actually i spent all of 5 minutes researching your posts

i spent the rest of the afternoon tossing dollar bills at a pathetic 17 yr old dancer who used to be a B+/A- student & captain of a varsity athletics team (must have been her upbringing) :iam:

i spent the rest of the afternoon tossing dollar bills at a pathetic 17 yr old dancer who used to be a B+/A- student & captain of a varsity athletics team (must have been her upbringing) :iam:

kaa kaa man has a daughter? :lol:

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

Car magazines are like FHM, Maxim, Playboy, Cosmo, etc..

Kinda like, FHM voted Scarlett Johanssen (MS6) as the sexiest woman of the year. Over and above Angelina Jolie (LGT), Kaa Kaa's daughter (LGT), my girlfriend (LGT), my sister (LG), and last but not least, Kaa Kaa's beyotch (LGT).

Despite having a loving and adoring woman (or LGT) will that make you dump yours and seek out the Scarlettspeed 6?

Probably not.. so stop whining about what the magazines have and enjoy what you've got. Else dump her and seek out the Scarlettspeed 6.

Car magazines are like FHM, Maxim, Playboy, Cosmo, etc..

Kinda like, FHM voted Scarlett Johanssen (MS6) as the sexiest woman of the year. Over and above Angelina Jolie (LGT), Kaa Kaa's daughter (LGT), my girlfriend (LGT), my sister (LG), and last but not least, Kaa Kaa's beyotch (LGT).

Despite having a loving and adoring woman (or LGT) will that make you dump yours and seek out the Scarlettspeed 6?

Probably not.. so stop whining about what the magazines have and enjoy what you've got. Else dump her and seek out the Scarlettspeed 6.

Thank yoiu, Claw. I completely agree with you. In choosing my 'beyotch' (LOL), I wanted safety, reliability, affordability and practicality in a modest family car. So I was more than happy to settle for the inferior level of handling and overall performance the LGT offers compared to the MS6 -- I mean really, are we buying these cars to race them on a track or a mountain road or something? So, as I'm sure Claw would agree, you folks need to calm down and appreciate the LGT for the excellent, affordable family car that it is. If you are Mario Andretti and want the last bit of superior performance, by all means buy the MS6. But me? I need a good dependable and affordable family car.

lol this thread has been mostly civil so far. Two Aussies did a review of the Liberty GT versus the MS6 and both of them picked the Liberty. True the MS6 has some features the Legacy lacks, but maybe it will force Subaru to add those to stay competitive. A little competition never hurt anyone.

Archived